MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fleeting theory alert: So when we look back at this case, we see a completely shoddy police investigation right? No logs. Didn't secure the scene. Didn't go in the house. Didn't separate witnesses. My thought is that they expected KR to just go away. They present her with the what evidence they had and the fact that it is her against the world and considering she was intoxicated, that she'd just accept a plea and go away.

I do think many of the players just reacted to their own confirmation bias, i.e. the cops must be all telling the truth and KR is a "whackjob." But whatever the case, it is quite obvious that no one thought it was necessary to do any sort of real investigation after finding a dead body on the lawn a cop's home after a late night party.

Poor John. He may never get the justice he deserves. IMO.
It's been explained multiple times that police cannot enter a home without a warrant which would require them to have probable cause.

Fleeting theory alert: So when we look back at this case, we see a completely shoddy police investigation right? No logs. Didn't secure the scene. Didn't go in the house. Didn't separate witnesses. My thought is that they expected KR to just go away. They present her with the what evidence they had and the fact that it is her against the world and considering she was intoxicated, that she'd just accept a plea and go away.

I do think many of the players just reacted to their own confirmation bias, i.e. the cops must be all telling the truth and KR is a "whackjob." But whatever the case, it is quite obvious that no one thought it was necessary to do any sort of real investigation after finding a dead body on the lawn a cop's home after a late night party.

Poor John. He may never get the justice he deserves. IMO.
Completely agree.
The other "whack job" is the Medical Examiner.
Or perhaps that moniker is only attributed to women that cause problems for Proctor?

Proctor got hearsay from Brian Albert and Jen McCabe and then... purposely did not investigate fully.
Oh, Proctor also likely deleted the library cam footage, and told the media there is video recorded of KR's car hitting OJO.

It's been explained multiple times that police cannot enter a home without a warrant which would require them to have probable cause.
I would refer you back to "dead body found on the front lawn of a cops house after a late night party" as likely being enough probably cause to get a (normal) judge to give them a warrant.

I would refer you back to "dead body found on the front lawn of a cops house after a late night party" as likely being enough probably cause to get a (normal) judge to give them a warrant.
Big time, BUT it was BA's house so no need, cops were already told what happened outside, by a 'bystander' and frantic KR's words. In a real word, all of that would of been ignored by a professional and intelligent cop and he/she would of gone forward with the warrant and everything else that was needed for an immediate check of the house and inhabitants, ALONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState