MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So everyone here thinks Tully was part of a cover up ? Since he was there when the first pieces of tail were found. I found him very credible and he carried himself very well.
Maybe if you are comparing him to Proctor. But seriously, the dude had evidence making babies in their evidence bags as opposed to what he wrote in his report and then he was trying to implicate KR's whereabouts early that morning by cell tower which is highly unreliable. Why not use GPS?

Maybe if you are comparing him to Proctor. But seriously, the dude had evidence making babies in their evidence bags as opposed to what he wrote in his report and then he was trying to implicate KR's whereabouts early that morning by cell tower which is highly unreliable. Why not use GPS?
Thought he backed that up with videos.

The entire case is compromised due to the obvious confirmation bias and running an investigation with blinders on. FAR too much reasonable doubt. Are you still thinking the state has proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt? Or about it, as it seems?

So everyone here thinks Tully was part of a cover up ? Since he was there when the first pieces of tail were found. I found him very credible and he carried himself very well.
Didn’t he report finding different amounts of taillight than were actually in evidence? That was a big moment for me.

I also thought his approach to the GPS evidence ruined a lot of his credibility. He was very disingenuous presenting that data and Jackson did a great job emphasizing that. IMO, this was another big miss by the prosecution

Did he? Cause on cross he admitted the data could be interpreted as she was on her way to Kerry's house.
I was referring more to the tail light evidence. Karen said she was out driving around before contacting the other two.

The entire case is compromised due to the obvious confirmation bias and running an investigation with blinders on. FAR too much reasonable doubt. Are you still thinking the state has proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt? Or about it, as it seems?
Oh no they have definitely created reasonable doubt, it don’t change my mind but…..

So what video did he back up tail light evidence with? All the video he showed today was stills referencing where the car was when it hit which tower.
Oh there I was talking about the library and temple videos with time stamps when she was out. First post turned into two different subjects…sorry.

Completely agree on the reasonable doubt comment- A juror cannot tell when her tail light was broken and that search time is going to be difficult to explain technically

However- here it is so far in favor of her guilt

LE places her at the scene that night with testimony and video
LE establishes his phone activity stops when she leaves the scene (he didn't send or answer anything)
LE establishes through testimony of occupants that he never entered the 34F home (all are lying?)
LE establishes she was likely drunk by testimony and video
Le establishes he was likely drunk by testimony and video
LE establishes he died by blunt force trauma and hypothermia via the ME
LE establishes she speculated out loud that she may have hit him at the scene
LE establishes her tail light is broken (did a terrible job proving when it was broken)
LE finds pieces of tail light at the scene and on the victim's clothing
Lab establishes it is the same material as the Lexus tail light and some of the pieces fit together
Lab finds victim's DNA on the tail light

Last edited:
if KR killed JO, why was she frantically looking for him? Why use her vehicle which may have been damaged? Why not just ignore, or call and tell LE or Brian Albert that he didn't return home and could people look for him? Instead she was frantic, first wondering if he was with another woman and then wondering if he was hurt.

Completely agree on the reasonable doubt comment- A juror cannot tell when her tail light was broken and that search time is going to be difficult to explain technically

However- here its is so far in favor of her guilt

LE establishes his phone activity stops when she leaves the scene (he didn't send or answer anything)
LE establishes through testimony of occupants that he never entered the 34F home (all are lying?)
LE establishes her tail light is broken (did a terrible job proving when it was broken)
Lab establishes it is the same material as the Lexus tail light and some of the pieces fit together

In regards to #3, I think it's possible JOK could have been in the house and that doesn't mean that every single person there is lying. For instance, he could have possibly entered through the outside basement doors. There could have been 2 people in the basement, or 3, or 4, or 1 and everyone else at the house could be none the wiser. I don't think every single person who was there and the police all had to gather in one room and lay out a plan to all lie. JMO

However- here its is so far in favor of her guilt

With cars coming and going and everyone drinking, why couldn't it have been another vehicle? No other vehicles were examined.

BOSTON —
Offensive and inappropriate messages written by a lead investigator in the high-profile Karen Read murder case harm the Massachusetts law enforcement community, Gov. Maura Healey said Thursday.

Full article at link...

Updated: 4:13 PM EDT Jun 13, 2024

"It's completely unprofessional," Healey said Thursday when NewsCenter 5 asked her about Proctor's testimony. "It does harm, frankly, to the dignity and the integrity of the work of men and women across the state police and law enforcement. So as a former attorney general and as governor, I am disgusted by that."

In regards to #3, I think it's possible JOK could have been in the house and that doesn't mean that every single person there is lying. For instance, he could have possibly entered through the outside basement doors. There could have been 2 people in the basement, or 3, or 4, or 1 and everyone else at the house could be none the wiser. I don't think every single person who was there and the police all had to gather in one room and lay out a plan to all lie. JMO
Agreed- he could have been in the house and been seen by only a limited subset. This is what a jury will need to weigh in the context of the other things they are hearing.

I think she will be acquitted, unless the CW has an event data recording from her car (in the Lexus the vehicle stores crash data and most also record video from the front and rear cameras).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia