MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, M Proctor dropped the proverbial 'hot potato' that was tossed in his lap by the inept Canton PD. There was a dead or dying Boston Cop on the lawn of another Boston Cop, under unknown and questionable circumstances. CPD punted (recused ) Little to nothing was completed in a professional way by then. JOK's death was a nuisance to them. An unwanted and probable Internal Affairs case. They tossed it to MSP.

Enter MP...who was 'on call' that am. He was tired per testimony, after dealing with another death investigation the 10 days previous. His wife was exhausted. There was a blizzard out there. It took him four hours to shovel out his driveway and get moving to the Canton PD a few miles away. He did not want to do this at all. He was tired.

Enter Jen McCabe, the eye witness/ private investigator of MP's dreams. Through her 'interview'....he had the case solved. His job was done. He could go home, and not have to deal with this. Get the car, speak with the suspect, arrest her...and he's done !!! He was tired.

But, Karen Read said oh Hell no!!

And THAT fired up Proctor to make it stick...'cut and dry'.

He doubled down on stupid, and here we are.

I would like to see how they line up with KR’s text messages and calls. According to her interview (posted up thread) she wasn’t sure they were really welcome and she watched John walk up the driveway, then starts texting him. Waits 10 mins and leaves. That don’t made sense to me, she knew they were invited Jen was sending directions. Why let John go in and check it out…..what’s to check? Plus Karen don’t remind me of a girl that’s just going to set there if John’s not texting her back, she’s going after him. Then there’s always that other question….why would you think you hit him if you seen him go to the door.
The calls started at 12:33am, they arrived around 12:24am so that part does line up.

Respectfully, the rest of the questions in your comment have been discussed over and over in these threads so I don’t want to rehash the same arguments yet another time.

I know your list is of what LE established, but if you know this I appreciate you.
Regarding yesterday’s testimony: Did AJ establish that MP planted evidence? I don't recall he did, but maybe he did and I missed it. TIA
i think AJ is smart enough to know he can't prove that evidence was planted but he can show so much and let the jurors decide based on the entire picture.

Just curious - will ANYTHING change your mind? Or is your mind made up?
Well I’m watching the trial, but I’ve been pretty sure it was Karen from the beginning. There were small scratched and a small dent in her car also, she definitely didn’t get that from backing into John’s car, that was a tap to me.

I would like to see how they line up with KR’s text messages and calls. According to her interview (posted up thread) she wasn’t sure they were really welcome and she watched John walk up the driveway, then starts texting him. Waits 10 mins and leaves. That don’t made sense to me, she knew they were invited Jen was sending directions. Why let John go in and check it out…..what’s to check? Plus Karen don’t remind me of a girl that’s just going to set there if John’s not texting her back, she’s going after him. Then there’s always that other question….why would you think you hit him if you seen him go to the door.
RBBM

Why indeed? Why would anyone?

"In February, the U.S. Attorney's office provided over 3,000 pages of documents about their investigation into the case. Defense attorney Alan Jackson said in court Tuesday that included in the paperwork was information about federal investigators hiring a reconstruction expert.

"The federal investigators hired, independent of us, we had no idea, and independent of the Commonwealth, hired a professional reconstructionist, three PhDs, to look into exactly this issue," Jackson said. "Did Karen Read's SUV make contact with John O'Keefe? And their conclusion, to a person, was his injuries were inconsistent with the damage on the car. The damage on the car was inconsistent with having made contact with John O'Keefe's body. In other words, the car didn't hit him, and he wasn't hit by the car."

The side door, by the garage enters into the family room which is open to the kitchen.
Not according to the listing photos and floor plan. It opens to the living room which has a door on its left wall to the dining room. The dining room then has 2 windows facing the front yard and the opposite wall has open doorways to the kitchen. Someone could definitely come in that door and not be seen by people in the kitchen, there’s not much of a sight line there. With everyone somehow focused on the front yard and watching which cars are showing up and moving wherever, someone could also come inside and not been seen by every single person in the dining room.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpeg
    IMG_0123.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 24
The calls started at 12:33am, they arrived around 12:24am so that part does line up.

Respectfully, the rest of the questions in your comment have been discussed over and over in these threads so I don’t want to rehash the same arguments yet another time.
Yeah I’m sure, didn’t mean to rehash…..they are just things I can’t get passed.

Not according to the listing photos and floor plan. It opens to the living room which has a door on its left wall to the dining room. The dining room then has 2 windows facing the front yard and the opposite wall has open doorways to the kitchen. Someone could definitely come in that door and not be seen by people in the kitchen, there’s not much of a sight line there. With everyone somehow focused on the front yard and watching which cars are showing up and moving wherever, someone could also come inside and not been seen by every single person in the dining room.
exactly and I expect the closing to hit hard on that...while defense does not have to prove anything I think they have done a great job in putting out a theory that makes more sense.

Ok. I know Nicole A testified it did.
Ate the half circles on the floor plan indicative of door ways? Floor plan reading not my forte. If so, there appears to be a doorway with the dining and family room area. Also, for my clarity, where do you see the side door going to? Thanks

I think no question she will be acquitted. I think sitting there and listening to this even the family of JO has to be wondering who really killed their loved one. They will go away with no answers at all and some thoughts as to could it be someone supposedly on "their side"? Day by day I bet this feels like an exercise in futility. They just keep waiting for Lally to really bring it home and he cannot.

RBBM

Why indeed? Why would anyone?

"In February, the U.S. Attorney's office provided over 3,000 pages of documents about their investigation into the case. Defense attorney Alan Jackson said in court Tuesday that included in the paperwork was information about federal investigators hiring a reconstruction expert.

"The federal investigators hired, independent of us, we had no idea, and independent of the Commonwealth, hired a professional reconstructionist, three PhDs, to look into exactly this issue," Jackson said. "Did Karen Read's SUV make contact with John O'Keefe? And their conclusion, to a person, was his injuries were inconsistent with the damage on the car. The damage on the car was inconsistent with having made contact with John O'Keefe's body. In other words, the car didn't hit him, and he wasn't hit by the car."

And yet there’s tail light around where John was found ……it just goes round and round.

Well I’m watching the trial, but I’ve been pretty sure it was Karen from the beginning. There were small scratched and a small dent in her car also, she definitely didn’t get that from backing into John’s car, that was a tap to me.
So you think she got small scratches and a small dent after hitting a 6'2" guy so hard that it knocked him out of his shoe and fractured his skull in several places?

Ok. I know Nicole A testified it did.
Ate the half circles on the floor plan indicative of door ways? Floor plan reading not my forte. If so, there appears to be a doorway with the dining and family room area. Also, for my clarity, where do you see the side door going to? Thanks
It’s not really mine either so I’ve circled a few things on the picture. Trying to describe it clearly would not go well for me lol.

The red circle is what I view as the “side door” into the house. So you walk in and you’re in the living room. Then, circled in blue, there is a doorway that opens to the dining room and the kitchen is behind that.

I also attached a photo from the listing taken from the kitchen, where you can see into the dining room and see the doorway to the living room. I circled in blue about where that side door would be. Could someone in the kitchen see someone walk in the side door? Sure. But I think it’s a huge stretch to say people in the kitchen would definitely see everyone coming through that door. It would depend on where someone was sitting, where they were facing, who/what was in between them and that door frame, etc. and almost immediately, anyone coming through that door would be out of sight from the kitchen if they kept walking straight.

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpeg
    IMG_0124.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0125.jpeg
    IMG_0125.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 23
I think no question she will be acquitted. I think sitting there and listening to this even the family of JO has to be wondering who really killed their loved one. They will go away with no answers at all and some thoughts as to could it be someone supposedly on "their side"? Day by day I bet this feels like an exercise in futility. They just keep waiting for Lally to really bring it home and he cannot.
Those are exactly my feelings too.
I am hoping his family demand a new investigation.

He deserved so much more than this sham.

There are two victims here, the dead man and his lover who is alive but ill.
I just can't believe it went so far.

It's a sham.

It’s not really mine either so I’ve circled a few things on the picture. Trying to describe it clearly would not go well for me lol.

The red circle is what I view as the “side door” into the house. So you walk in and you’re in the living room. Then, circled in blue, there is a doorway that opens to the dining room and the kitchen is behind that.

I also attached a photo from the listing taken from the kitchen, where you can see into the dining room and see the doorway to the living room. I circled in blue about where that side door would be. Could someone in the kitchen see someone walk in the side door? Sure. But I think it’s a huge stretch to say people in the kitchen would definitely see everyone coming through that door. It would depend on where someone was sitting, where they were facing, who/what was in between them and that door frame, etc. and almost immediately, anyone coming through that door would be out of sight from the kitchen if they kept walking straight.
Thanks, we are looking at the same spot. I understand what you mean re others seeing someone enter. If I was suspicious of him entering with minimal people seeing him, I think the front door to basement would be a bit more obscure.

Why would they say in a chat group to each other, and I’m paraphrasing because I don’t have the quote in front of me, tell them that he wasn’t inside

Why even text that, if he (JOK) was not in the house no one would have to say anything to each other because, well, he wasn’t in the house

So you think she got small scratches and a small dent after hitting a 6'2" guy so hard that it knocked him out of his shoe and fractured his skull in several places?
Yup I do, can’t explain how the injuries happened but think he could have taken the hit in the arm and hand (while he was possibly bent over) glass shattered some scratches his arm, he falls back slamming his head. I don’t think you can explain all injuries in any accident. Makes much more sense to me then some beat and cover up. Nothing shows he enter the house, not one person seen him enter…. His phone totally stops moving at some point, which will show he wasn’t moved around. Just my opinion. Yes I’ve heard the arguments, I don’t buy it.

Why would they say in a chat group to each other, and I’m paraphrasing because I don’t have the quote in front of me, tell them that he wasn’t inside

Why even text that, if he (JOK) was not in the house no one would have to say anything to each other because, well, he wasn’t in the house
IMO, this was a discussion they had with the pizza Albert guy who did not go to 34 Fairview for the after party , telling HIM that the guy didn’t even go in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader