MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this might end up being the biggest red herring of the trial unless either side has updated data. Pre-trial the defense used Apple Health data and said the last movement was 12:32am, the prosecution used GPS data from the phone and said the last location and movement registered were at 12:24am (but did register some kind of data point at 12:59am)

I don’t see how either set of data lines up with any of theories of what happened.
I was wondering about that too.

• It appears that JO’s phone pings near the house at 12:19 and then at the house at 12:24, according to the Defense in their Motion for Order Pursuant
  • Between 12:21-12:24 JO walked 80 steps and three flights of stairs according to his Health app
  • At 12:27 JMcC texts him “Here?”
  • At 12:29 JMcC calls JO, he answers and they have an 8 seconds- long conversation (probably just her asking if he reached the house and he says yes)
  • At 12:31 JMcC texts him and says to park behind her
  • At some point the vehicle RN was in moves from behind KR and passes her. Both he and HM see KR alone in the vehicle with the light on and on her phone. They do not see JO either inside or outside KR’d vehicle, let alone standing behind it.
  • At some point JM must have seen KR’s vehicle because she correctly identified that it was parked to the left, next to the flagpole and fire hydrant
  • Between 12:31-12:32 JO walks 25 meets. No elevation change is recorded.
  • At 12:33 KR calls JO, it goes unanswered. She must leave after a minute or two to get back to JO’s by 12:41 (implied by MP’s testimony about the Ring Camera and KR’s voicemail mentioned in the defense’s Defense’s Petition Order Pursuant)
  • JM says she sees KR pull away even though we know it had to be much earlier than 12:45 she identified if KR is already at JO’s by 12:41
  • At 12:40 JM texts JO “Here?”
  • At 12:42 JM texts JO “where are you”
  • At 12:45 JM texts JO “Hello”
  • Between 12:40-and 12:50 JM calls JO multiple times. These calls go unanswered.

You would think that if she saw KR’s vehicle until 12:45 and JO never get out she wouldn’t have to ask him where he was because she would assume he would still be in the car. You would also think she would ask “why did you leave” instead of “hello” at 12:45 since she states that is the time she states she sees KR drive off

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to catch up. Was DNA found in the wheel well?
Good question. And would add to it how about on the supposed surface(s) (somewhere?) on the vehicle that would have left the multiple deep cuts / furrows IIRC on the victims right arm? If one is to understand or believe the vehicle caused those odd wounds. Was it a vertical or horizontal surface? And where?

And still wonder what surface(s) are alleged / believed to have caused those wounds? Have they been identified? And did the wounds have corresponding oil, grease, dirt, paint, sand, gravel, asphalt, concrete, or any similar non human or non biological deposits? I cannot recall if those wounds were tested for the presence (or absence) of anything. MOO

And another thing...no one that was at the Albert home was examined for hand injuries or bruising. Nothing... MP, BH, et al didn't see any 'probable cause' for entering the home either. I just keep thinking and thinking. Too much that's not probable. And no finding of the pieces of taillight until after KR's car had been impounded and video missing!

Thanks, we are looking at the same spot. I understand what you mean re others seeing someone enter. If I was suspicious of him entering with minimal people seeing him, I think the front door to basement would be a bit more obscure.
I don’t know about. In the foyer, the set of stairs directly in front of the front door are the stairs going to the 2nd floor (which I guess is a possibility). Based on the floor plan, the stairs to the basement are kind of nestled under that staircase. Like if this pictures was a bit wider, the door to the basement stairs would be directly to the right of the entry-way table. Someone would have to walk almost all the way into the kitchen (which also has an open view into the foyer) to access those stairs.

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpeg
    IMG_0126.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 17
And another thing...no one that was at the Albert home was examined for hand injuries or bruising. Nothing... MP, BH, et al didn't see any 'probable cause' for entering the home either. I just keep thinking and thinking. Too much that's not probable. And no finding of the pieces of taillight until after KR's car had been impounded and video missing!
Yes, especially as Proctor initially thought it was a fight. and emailed his sister that (? a person at the house?) was involved.

I am in the not guilty camp. but I think the Defense are going to have their work cut out for them after today .

Yup I do, can’t explain how the injuries happened but think he could have taken the hit in the arm and hand (while he was possibly bent over) glass shattered some scratches his arm, he falls back slamming his head. I don’t think you can explain all injuries in any accident. Makes much more sense to me then some beat and cover up. Nothing shows he enter the house, not one person seen him enter…. His phone totally stops moving at some point, which will show he wasn’t moved around. Just my opinion. Yes I’ve heard the arguments, I don’t buy it.
Ok so you are not even interested in what evidence the defense presents?

Well I’m watching the trial, but I’ve been pretty sure it was Karen from the beginning. There were small scratched and a small dent in her car also, she definitely didn’t get that from backing into John’s car, that was a tap to me.

And JO did not get his injuries from KR's car nor did the car cause them according to the PHD experts hired by the FBI. This has been shared many times. Just the fact the FBI provided this information tells me a lot. I have a small dent and scratches on my truck, most likely from a shopping cart or something else bumping into it while parked in a crowded lot.JMOO

I don’t know about. In the foyer, the set of stairs directly in front of the front door are the stairs going to the 2nd floor (which I guess is a possibility). Based on the floor plan, the stairs to the basement are kind of nestled under that staircase. Like if this pictures was a bit wider, the door to the basement stairs would be directly to the right of the entry-way table. Someone would have to walk almost all the way into the kitchen (which also has an open view into the foyer) to access those stairs.
I do agree with you . The defense seems to think that was an opportune entry to the basement, I personally don’t agree, but I believe AJ put that out there.

I am in the not guilty camp. but I think the Defense are going to have their work cut out for them after today .
I am curious what you mean. Do you think CW will be putting up some solid evidence with the next witnesses? Or when their case comes up? Really they have to prove nothing but reasonable doubt. That has been done daily.

I am curious what you mean. Do you think CW will be putting up some solid evidence with the next witnesses? Or when their case comes up? Really they have to prove nothing but reasonable doubt. That has been done daily.
Jurors often drill down to DNA when making a decision. I just had a bad feeling about today. I believe fake evidence' was planted, but the 'expert testimony' is there. Wonder who the other two unidentified DNA belong to? My opinion only.

Jurors often drill down to DNA when making a decision. I just had a bad feeling about today. I believe fake evidence' was planted, but the 'expert testimony' is there. Wonder who the other two unidentified DNA belong to? My opinion only.
I think this might be true when the DNA evidence links the SUSPECT directly to the victim. So in a case where a woman is raped and murdered, finding a suspect’s DNA inside the victim’s vagina is going to be very difficult to overcome by the defense.

However, in this case, I’m not sure how much it matters that the victim’s DNA was found on his own clothing or even on her taillight pieces. They were romantically involved and spent time in and around his home and both of their vehicles. His DNA on her car? Ok…. I would expect that. Was it his BLOOD on the taillight? Did they specify?

One thing I've wondered about the Health app is, does it mean 80 steps= 3 sets of stairs OR 80 steps + 3 sets of stairs? Doesn't matter really, I walked my house in 80 ,small steps to be generous,....it was really far from what I imagine someone being hit by a car at low speed being thrown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader