MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of the texts really jump out at you ?
The text telling his sister (a person forget name??) from the house was involved but dont tell anyone?
The gift when it was all over?

the DNA evidence. In my opinion she is not guilty, and there was a massive cover up. But there was matching DNA MOO
Really it didn’t, the person from the house was KR. The gift of course looks shady but again, what was it for. Albert’s selling their house, nope did nothing for me. Life goes on, people keep living. I believe he was retired or retiring at the time and down sizing is normal. Rehoming the dog, he explained that. These things were done months after the fact, not days or weeks. Don’t believe the 2:28 search ever happened, I went down the rabbit hole searching on that one. All these things are just the defense spinning things, in my mind. No one that I can see had any motive in that house to hurt John, everyone liked him. Whatever happened I believe was an accident and took place right where his body was found. Could someone else have hit John? Maybe, but that don’t explain her tail light pieces being there.
Karen also changed her story, first she had no memory of being at the house. Then she remembers seeing John walk up the drive way near the door. She’s out driving around looking for him before picking the other 2 up. Her first thoughts are did I hurt him, was he hit by a plow. All accounts she was freaked out before even knowing anything, not normal. Then she runs right to his body that no one else sees……these are things that stick out in my mind. Karen saying I was the only one trying to save John that morning! No she wasn’t, Kerry was there.

<mosdnip - quoted post & response removed> I don’t think she did it on purpose, it was an accident. Yes I believe the defense is creating doubt to the jury.

Last edited by a moderator:
The defense hasn't presented yet, they've only done cross-examination. Their whole job is to shoot down the prosecution. That's exactly what they've been doing, and they've been doing it VERY well. It's not the defense's job to prove the case.
IMO
Agree they are. Only giving my opinion or take on things.

Mass. trooper reads private texts about Karen Read aloud in court, leaving some jurors gasping​

Wed, June 12, 2024 at 7:14 PM EDT·

Prosecutors had the trooper read texts he sent his friends and colleagues about the case from his personal cellphone out loud in court, leaving some jurors shaking their heads and quietly gasping, CBS News reported.

In one thread, he texted state police colleague that he was going through his “r---- client’s phone," according to NBC Boston.

"No nudes so far," Proctor said in the message.

On the stand, Proctor said he made a "distasteful joke," and that he was not looking for nude photos, but "location data text communications … more evidence contained within the phone."

In one conversation from the evening of Jan. 29, the day O'Keefe was found dead, Proctor texted his friends Read and O'Keefe "arrived at the house together, got into an argument, she was driving and left," adding, "there’ll be some serious charges brought on the girl." He told jurors he meant that there was already "compelling evidence" against Read.

A friend replied, "is she hot at least," and Proctor responded that Read was a "whack-job," before calling her a vulgar name for a woman.

NBC Boston reported Read's attorney objected, and after Cannone asked if these were his words, Proctor said the word "c---" out loud.

Proctor continued: "she's a babe. Weird Fall River accent though."
He also texted a comment about Read's rear, NBC Boston reported.

When Lally asked Proctor why he would text that, Proctor said they were "unprofessional and regrettable comments (that) are something I’m not proud of and I shouldn’t have wrote in private or any type of setting."

Last edited:
I’m watching and they are definitely raising doubts but they don’t really have evidence, just showing all the mistakes the police made. Some mistakes I can understand, others was just down right sloppy. I seen the people in the house as pretty consistent, where I know others didn’t. Some things were a little off but after so long, I wouldn’t expect them to be spot on. I think KR’s attorneys are very good.
The defense doesn't need evidence. The burden is 100% on the CW.

Really it didn’t, the person from the house was KR. The gift of course looks shady but again, what was it for. Albert’s selling their house, nope did nothing for me. Life goes on, people keep living. I believe he was retired or retiring at the time and down sizing is normal. Rehoming the dog, he explained that. These things were done months after the fact, not days or weeks. Don’t believe the 2:28 search ever happened, I went down the rabbit hole searching on that one. All these things are just the defense spinning things, in my mind. No one that I can see had any motive in that house to hurt John, everyone liked him. Whatever happened I believe was an accident and took place right where his body was found. Could someone else have hit John? Maybe, but that don’t explain her tail light pieces being there.
Karen also changed her story, first she had no memory of being at the house. Then she remembers seeing John walk up the drive way near the door. She’s out driving around looking for him before picking the other 2 up. Her first thoughts are did I hurt him, was he hit by a plow. All accounts she was freaked out before even knowing anything, not normal. Then she runs right to his body that no one else sees……these are things that stick out in my mind. Karen saying I was the only one trying to save John that morning! No she wasn’t, Kerry was there.

Laughing waffle a lot…..that’s ADD. I don’t think she did it on purpose, it was an accident. Yes I believe the defense is creating doubt to the jury.
KR had zero reason to be out driving around at the crack of dawn looking for a grown man... that she insists went happily off to his friends house to party on.

Men drunk....go hard...fall asleep.
wonder home whenever.

He got a phone. He can use it.

Her freakin tfo was guilty knowledge.
OH....and guess what.

KR was the one to find JO exactly where he lay under 5 hours of snow.
NOBODY ELSE SEEN HIM.

All roads lead to KR.

Last edited:
KR had zero reason to be out driving around at the crack of dawn looking for a grown man... that she insists went happily off to his friends house to party on.

Men drunk....go hard...fall asleep.
wonder home whenever.

He got a phone. He can use it.

Her freakin tfo was guilty knowledge.
OH....and guess what.

KR was the one to find JO exactly where he lay under 5 hours of snow.

All roads lead to KR.

NOBODY ELSE SEEN HIM.

Yet they found all these taillight pieces under 5 hours of snow.

IMO A guilty verdict, THEY will be harassed and another 12 people will be a part of this ever growing 'conspiracy' to frame KR.

Tally up to 50 ish?

Honestly, I don't see how this jury could ever reach a guilty verdict. Hung perhaps, but I see a full acquittal in my crystal ball. And it has nothing to do with the Alberts or McCabe's or Proctor harassment claims. The defense has been phenomenal, IMO. Law students will be watching this trial for years to come. MOO

The jury also doesn’t have predetermined bias like posters here
I think most of us here have the predetermined bias that a defendant is innocent until proven guilty. I need the prosecution to prove to me otherwise, beyond a reasonable doubt. That said, sure we get to discuss how we are leaning, as we aren't on the jury. But yeah. I believe that our Constitutional rights demand this.

jmo
More people can see through the circus tricks than you realise.

The jury are not exposed to as much slander intimidation and bullying toward the witnesses and prosecution as we see from the outside looking in.
I would really like them to show Karen’s messages and voice messages to John’s phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia