MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn't go round and round. The chain of evidence and botched investigation is enough proof of her innocence along with the lying witnesses, trashed phones, and so much more already discussed. IMO
I would say the evidence and botched investigation is enough information she should not be found guilty for sure. But not enough information to conclude she’s innocent.

I would say the evidence and botched investigation is enough information she should not be found guilty for sure. But not enough information to conclude she’s innocent.
Well if the victim did not die of injuries consistent with a vehicular 'attack' it seems kinda stupid to charge her with murder via this methodology.
Autopsy does not confirm it.

He was 6'2, I don't know what her height is but I doubt she was strong enough to plant him with her fists.

Well if the victim did not die of injuries consistent with a vehicular 'attack' it seems kinda stupid to charge her with murder via this methodology.
Autopsy does not confirm it.

He was 6'2, I don't know what her height is but I doubt she was strong enough to plant him with her fists.
100% agree she didn’t get into physical altercation with him.

Maybe he stumbled out of car (drunk), she accidentally hit him, didn’t realize he fell next to car and she dragged him a little. Injuries not enough to kill him but being out in the snow for 5 hrs finished him off? Sounds outlandish. So does every single scenario.

Would be interesting to see if defense brings a Lexus expert. Lexus has a mechanism that will hard stop/brake the car from hitting something directly in front. Does it also do this in reverse?

Any/every scenario I come up with isn’t supported by evidence tho. Not one.

Also not enough information to conclude she's guilty or has any involvement whatsoever. What day are we on now? And yet....I haven't seen any sort of evidence that links to KR being guilty. It's a circus at this point, a bad one at that. JMO.

Also not enough information to conclude she's guilty or has any involvement whatsoever. What day are we on now? And yet....I haven't seen any sort of evidence that links to KR being guilty. It's a circus at this point, a bad one at that. JMO.
Agree. And also horrifying to think any one of us could be Karen Read. Perhaps innocent of something and an easy target of a ruthless/dishonest/corrupt law enforcement officer who holds the keys to our future in their hands.

Imagine many MA defense attorneys will be filing motions for appeals right now for any cases MP worked on.

It has been awfully slow hasn't it? A lot of witnesses, voir dires and days where the court is on a half day or not sitting at all.

Then again I'm used to following trials in England where this happens all of the time in high profile murder trials, and usually without any explanation in the media whatsoever!

Agree. And also horrifying to think any one of us could be Karen Read. Perhaps innocent of something and an easy target of a ruthless/dishonest/corrupt law enforcement officer who holds the keys to our future in their hands.

Imagine many MA defense attorneys will be filing motions for appeals right now for any cases MP worked on.
It seems Brian Walshe's attorneys are already jumping on that train...
Brian Walshe lawyer to file motion naming investigator Proctor after Read trial testimony

DAILY TRIAL UPDATES​

DAY 24 – 6/13/24​

• John O’Keefe’s DNA was found on the passenger taillight of the defendant’s car, and on a hair from the passenger wheel well.
    • There was a mixture of DNA on the passenger taillight, Troopers Michael Proctor and Sargent Yuriy Bukhenik were excluded as contributors to the mixture.
    • O’Keefe’s DNA was found on samples taken from reddish stains on his jean, orange t-shirt, and gray sweat shirt. He was the sole contributor of male DNA to the samples from his t-shirt and fingernail clippings. Mixtures of DNA were found on his jeans and gray sweat shirt but no comparisons were made to any other profiles.
  • Surveillance video capturing Karen Read’s movements between 5:00 AM and 5:30 AM on the morning of January 29, 2022, suggest she traveled to 34 Fairview, before she went to Jennifer McCabe’s house – which may explain how she found John O’Keefe’s body in the middle of a pitch-dark blizzard.
  • Brian Tully, a Massachusetts State Police investigator testified data from Karen Read’s cell phone also suggest she was going to 34 Fairview at 5:18 AM. She should have arrived much sooner than 5:35 AM. The time lapse between 5:18 and 5:35 is more consistent with the drive time from Meadows to 34 Fairview then to Country Lane (McCabe’s residence)
    • An investigator testified that in the hours between 12:33 and 6:03 AM, Karen called John O’Keefe 53 times.
    • When asked about an eye witness report about seeing a Ford Edge (Albert’s car) from 2:30 to 3:30 AM parked in front of 34 Fairview, Tully said he dismissed the account claiming the witness was unreliable and had changed his story several times.
  • WATCH: Killer Or Cover-Up Murder Trial: Day 24 Recap
Posted at 6:12 AM, June 14, 2024

Here’s something that is bothering me. Yes, his arm has scratches and people are still thinking it was maybe the tire or something under the car that caused those.

The jury even looked under the car when they were given the chance.

But, what is as compelling to me as the scratches are the holes in his sweatshirt. Like, those are NOT ripped sleeves, they have holes in them like something went into his sleeve, into his arm - just like the teeth or claw of a dog going straight in and then dragging on the skin. What could do that on a car? Something sharp enough to create the hole in his sleeve and then scratch his arm. I hadn’t seen the holes in the sweatshirt prior to the trial, just the gashes on his arm.

"Have you made a decision about if you're going to be testifying?" NBC10 Boston's Kirsten Glavin asked.

"I haven't, I'll do whatever is required," Read said. "It's up to the attorneys."

On "Canton Confidential" Thursday evening, legal expert Katherine Loftus explained that lawyers are typically very hesitant to call a defendant to testify.

We asked Karen Read if she had made a decision whether or not to take the stand at her murder trial​

By Kirsten Glavin and Mike Pescaro • Published June 14, 2024 • Updated on June 14, 2024 at 12:55 am​

Here is another option of where to watch trial live other than Law&Crime linked earlier.

I also agree with the poster that posited that the reason Chloe wasn’t rehomed until much later is because BA didn’t think he needed to. The investigation hadn’t looked in to him or his dog at all!! There was no need. However, when KR didn’t just shut up and go straight to jail with their prosecution of her - but started an actual investigation into other reasons for JO’s death - the heat turned on a little so measures were taken. Once they realized that there might be people - not their LE friends of course- that would look in to the victim’s actual injuries. There might be questions and they didn’t want to have to answer those questions. Just like missing phones - just in time to not turn them in for examination. They just disappear right before someone else - not their LE friends - look in to what communications were said about that night.

@TedDanielnews

Good Morning from day 25 of testimony in the Commonwealth vs. Read

-We previously heard that the State’s expert re: Jennifer McCabe’s “hos long to die in cold” needed to testify by the end of the day due to scheduling. Expect her

-At some point, the prosecution still needs to call the medical examiner

-it’s Friday, Celtics could sweep, and at least for now the “sun is shining, the weather is sweet” - RNM

8:29 AM · Jun 14, 2024

"Have you made a decision about if you're going to be testifying?" NBC10 Boston's Kirsten Glavin asked.

"I haven't, I'll do whatever is required," Read said. "It's up to the attorneys."

On "Canton Confidential" Thursday evening, legal expert Katherine Loftus explained that lawyers are typically very hesitant to call a defendant to testify.
RSBM.

At this stage, I think she'd have to be mad to testify. The CW just hasn't proven the case against her, no need to risk a bad performance on the stand or a few curveball questions might bring the case back into play.

Of course the haters will always call her a "coward" and claim "she has something to hide" as a result of not testifying, but at the end of the day she's got to do the best thing in order to stay out of cuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia