MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of the texts really jump out at you ?
The text telling his sister (a person forget name??) from the house was involved but dont tell anyone?
The gift when it was all over?

the DNA evidence. In my opinion she is not guilty, and there was a massive cover up. But there was matching DNA MOO
Do you know the difference between the use of DNA evidence in stranger cases vs. partner cases? Also, are you aware of the difference between blood DNA and touch DNA?

KR had zero reason to be out driving around at the crack of dawn looking for a grown man... that she insists went happily off to his friends house to party on.

Men drunk....go hard...fall asleep.
wonder home whenever.

He got a phone. He can use it.

Her freakin tfo was guilty knowledge.
OH....and guess what.

KR was the one to find JO exactly where he lay under 5 hours of snow.
NOBODY ELSE SEEN HIM.

All roads lead to KR.
Four inches of snow at that time and with the wind, very little atop the deceased’s body.

Not according to the listing photos and floor plan. It opens to the living room which has a door on its left wall to the dining room. The dining room then has 2 windows facing the front yard and the opposite wall has open doorways to the kitchen. Someone could definitely come in that door and not be seen by people in the kitchen, there’s not much of a sight line there. With everyone somehow focused on the front yard and watching which cars are showing up and moving wherever, someone could also come inside and not been seen by every single person in the dining room.
Weird layout, IMO. Maybe it is an East Coast thing? Most of the houses around here have the kitchen open directly into the family room. It's awkward having to go from the kitchen through the dining room to get into the living room. Could be also that it is an older home as well and the open floor plan/back of the house concept is newer.

That said, one could very easily walk into the front door, through the foyer and enter the basement to the left. That said, he may not have made it into the house. (Didn't KR say he went to the side entrance?) I keep thinking he was summoned out to the back yard where things happened.

Honestly, I don't see how this jury could ever reach a guilty verdict. Hung perhaps, but I see a full acquittal in my crystal ball. And it has nothing to do with the Alberts or McCabe's or Proctor harassment claims. The defense has been phenomenal, IMO. Law students will be watching this trial for years to come. MOO
A full acquittal would be the only acceptable outcome at this point.

KR had zero reason to be out driving around at the crack of dawn looking for a grown man... that she insists went happily off to his friends house to party on.

Men drunk....go hard...fall asleep.
wonder home whenever.

He got a phone. He can use it.

Her freakin tfo was guilty knowledge.
OH....and guess what.

KR was the one to find JO exactly where he lay under 5 hours of snow.
NOBODY ELSE SEEN HIM.

All roads lead to KR.
Nobody else was looking for him.

Wonder if anymore testing will be done on all the other dna located on JO's clothes

Five samples from different stains on O’Keefe’s jeans were also tested. Each was found to contain DNA from two or three contributors, with one of the contributors to each ranging from 579 nonillion to 1 decillion times more likely to be from O’Keefe than not. A sample from an unstained area of the jeans was found to have DNA from four contributors, one of which was likely to be from O’Keefe.

I don’t know about. In the foyer, the set of stairs directly in front of the front door are the stairs going to the 2nd floor (which I guess is a possibility). Based on the floor plan, the stairs to the basement are kind of nestled under that staircase. Like if this pictures was a bit wider, the door to the basement stairs would be directly to the right of the entry-way table. Someone would have to walk almost all the way into the kitchen (which also has an open view into the foyer) to access those stairs.
I wasn't able to make out the rooms id on the floor plans, and only remember Brian Albert's testimony making a big deal about the "library" being the first room when entering the foyer, and I think the basement stairs were described as adjacent to the Library. JMO

Do you know the difference between the use of DNA evidence in stranger cases vs. partner cases? Also, are you aware of the difference between blood DNA and touch DNA?
No to the first Q. , yes to the second Q.

I wasn't able to make out the rooms id on the floor plans, and only remember Brian Albert's testimony making a big deal about the "library" being the first room when entering the foyer, and I think the basement stairs were described as adjacent to the Library. JMO
There are two sets of stairs essentially right next to each other in the foyer, based on the floor plan. I circled the one that has to be the ones to the basement based on this picture showing the stairs to the 2nd floor are right in your face when you walk into the foyer from the front door. So if the basement stairs are the other set, they’d nearly be in kitchen. Definitely in view of people sitting in the kitchen.

The library he’s talking about is probably the “study” on the floor plan. Which is to the left if you’re in the foyer. So I think it would still be correct to say the stairs to the basement are adjacent to the library… probably not the clearest and most accurate way to describe it but it’s not necessarily incorrect.

Now I’ve somewhat contradicted both Nicole and Brian Albert’s testimony about their own house so maybe I just can’t read a floor layout ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpeg
    IMG_0123.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0126.jpeg
    IMG_0126.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 21
No to the first Q. , yes to the second Q.
Regarding the first Q, the DNA presented so far doesn’t mean much since it’s not a stranger case. JO’s DNA being on his long term girlfriend’s car isn’t quite a smoking gun. Especially without knowing anything else about the other profiles of DNA also found

Regarding the first Q, the DNA presented so far doesn’t mean much since it’s not a stranger case. JO’s DNA being on his long term girlfriend’s car isn’t quite a smoking gun. Especially without knowing anything else about the other profiles of DNA also found

It is not impossible to find DNA on a car, of course, but some parts would be more common than the others. Doors and handles, usually. Inside, absolutely. Maybe on the trunk, if you are shopping. I would try to avoid the front and back bumpers and the lights because they inevitably collect dirt. And it is dusty dirt which is hard to wash off.

Some people seem to have suggested that the lack of JO'K's blood on the taillight pieces is a sign of guilty because smearing blood on the taillight would be the obvious way for the police to "frame her."

If that's the case then this must be the first murder trial in history where the absence, and not the presence of the victim's blood on the defendant's murder weapon is being used as an argument for proof of culpability!

There were 6 Solo cups of John’s DNA sitting in an open bag right next to the taillight. You think an officer couldn’t have put a finger in one and wiped it across the taillight?
Especially considering that infamous "dirty rag" that even managed to escape being shoveled out of the sallyport when KR's vehicle arrived.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-14 063015.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-14 063015.png
    648.2 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics