MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM.

At this stage, I think she'd have to be mad to testify. The CW just hasn't proven the case against her, no need to risk a bad performance on the stand or a few curveball questions might bring the case back into play.

Of course the haters will always call her a "coward" and claim "she has something to hide" as a result of not testifying, but at the end of the day she's got to do the best thing in order to stay out of cuffs.
As she stated, "it's up to the attorneys."

I'd say no, she will not testify. moo

@BienickWCVB

#KarenRead Good morning. Day 25 of testimony. On Thursday, Lt. Brian Tully testified Read would have had enough time to return to house where she'd allegedly left John O'Keefe in the snow before going to ask for help to find him.

8:54 AM · Jun 14, 2024
I wonder why Tully would think KR would do this though? Would it really make her look more or less guilty if she called 911 and informed JM and KRob right then and there as opposed to going to JM’s and then back to JO’s? She could just say she found him, used her car lights, recognized a portion of his clothes or such. The impact of his injuries and the hypothermia were so severe he was near death at this point and would still likely be if she left and came back.

Also, the way she panicked and grieved over him does imply to me she wouldn’t have been able to drive competently in the snow or start scheming so well if she really did find JO on dying on Fairview on her own.

MOO

@SueNBCBoston

Judge Cannond is having a discussion with the juror.

*Cannone*
A reminder that one juror dropped out at the beginning of the week.

19 jurors were chosen to sit on the jury.
Juror now stands to the side as judge & counsel discuss.

The number fluctuated during the jury selection process.
I the jurors were told this trial would be 6 - 8 weeks, I think we are in week 7 of testimony, and prosecution hasn’t rested yet.

Sidebar over.
Judge says cameras must be shut off for rest of the morning
Recess

@BienickWCVB

The judge enters and calls the attorneys to a sidebar. Then they bring in one of the jurors and are now speaking to her privately. The other jurors are absent.

The judge orders the courtroom camera turned off. The juror exits and the judge orders a recess. It's not yet clear why the juror was brought in. Nor if she is being dismissed.

@JHall7news

Good morning from Norfolk Superior Court in Dedham...it's day 25 of the #karenreadtrial and we will have a new prosecution witness on the stand shortly. Next week: no court Wednesday, it's 'Juneteenth.' Half day Friday as Judge Cannone has a hearing to do on a different case.

No jury up here yet -we have a side bar to start with Cannone calling the lawyers up to her bench for a discussion we can't hear.

We have not had testimony from the state ME on O'Keefe's injuries and cause of death, no accident reconstruction testimony yet, no voice mails Karen Read left on O'Keefe's cell phone. We heard yesterday she made 53 calls to his phone on Jan 29 2022

Alan Jackson said yesterday the state should rest on Tuesday - that's the estimate from ADA Adam Lally. Lengthy discussions here at side bar.

A female juror is up there and there is talk about her.

The Judge just ordered that the court TV pool camera be shut off. Discussions about the juror (unknown topic) have ended. The Judge went back to chambers. Court stands in recess. Karen Read is getting the info from Alan Jackson now.

Regarding the first Q, the DNA presented so far doesn’t mean much since it’s not a stranger case. JO’s DNA being on his long term girlfriend’s car isn’t quite a smoking gun. Especially without knowing anything else about the other profiles of DNA also found
I hope so. I am in the KR is innocent camp. I read that the jury were paying attention, writing notes, and one gave the witness a long look. Signs that they agree with the testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot