MA MA - Rapheal Teken, 37, Eric Weissman, 31, & Brandon Mess, 25, Waltham, 12 Sept 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
News! At last! I've been tied up in the Tim Bosma forum all day, so I didn't see this earlier. Off to read...:findinglink:

Pretty obvious to me the killers were NOT after either the money or the pot (both of which were left behind). IMO, there's no way it could constitute a drug deal gone bad. If Todashev told the agents that, I think it was just a cover for their twisted ideology related to a cause, whether radical fundamentalist beliefs or whatever.

MOO

Interview with the father of Ibragim Todashev:

http://rt.com/usa/ibragim-todashev-fbi-attack-659/
Ibragim “couldn’t take part” in the Boston Marathon bombings as he was undergoing a surgical operation on his tendons in Florida days before the bombings and “had to learn how to walk again,” the father said.

Taramov said Ibragim was going to fly back home to Chechnya, but the FBI insisted that he postpone his trip for “one last” interview. Abdulbaki also knew that his son was flying to Grozny on May 24.

"He felt inside he was going to get shot," Taramiv said about Todashev. "I told him, 'Everything is going to be fine, don't worry about it.' He said, 'I have a really bad feeling.'"
http://www.wesh.com/news/central-fl...8032/20249908/-/item/1/-/n8h8p3z/-/index.html

Bad feeling, all right. It's called guilt.

I have to question why the FBI conducted a lengthy interview with a perp whose record shows him to be violent and unpredictable, in his apartment. The kitchen, no less, where most any utensil can become a weapon. I don't like to second guess LE, but even I could have seen that one coming. I only hope enough evidence now exists to bring closure to the Waltham case.

Yep, another criminal with ties to a terrorist, is here and accepted into this country and given asylum as a refugee, said it was a drug theft gone bad. He is working out at the same MMA gym as the terrorist and one of the victims. One of the victims, BM, had a new Somalian girlfriend, who was transient, chummy with TT and was known to speak with TT about Islam. It was reported somewhere that in the days just prior to the murder that she was involved in a violent outburst against BM.

So BM, with his two Jewish friends, end up with their throats, from ear to ear, on the 10th anniversary of 911. Then within months TT leaves for six months to Chechnya.

Yeah, I don't believe it had anything to do with the pot. It seems more likely that it was an attempt to be initiated or to gain some clout in their efforts to be accepted into the Chechen rebels or cell.

Im not quite sure why you keep bringing up Bm's gf? I personally know the gf and knew all 3 of the victims.
Ill clear up some things for you......
BM and his gf were the ones living at the apt on 12 Harding ave. They were pretty close, and they had a fight (as all couples do) where she threw stuff at him, yes knives, as well as salad dressing. She left to visit a friend after the fight.
EW was staying with them in between apts. He had been there about a month.
They were all dealers so it is likely that it may have been a drug ripp off gone awry.
Tam was often at their house along with a few other folks that liked to come over and smoke with BM and co. Tam may have been casing the situation out figuring out the best time to rip him off, under the guise of being a friend/sparring partner.
The brother DT was not a usual guest at the house according to the gf, so the fact that there was DNA evidence that placed him at the scene makes him a suspect.
There was probably a lot more money at the scene, the 5g was likely overlooked, they probably got a lot of money.
They were definitely killed on the 11th as all communication stopped around 8pm the night before. when BM didnt pick up the gf at the airport she got a ride to the house and discovered the bodies. They were all stomach down with faces to the side, she said it looked as though they had been handcuffed but then hands had been released (Zip ties maybe?) so im assuming this was premeditated.
MY opinion? they ripped them off, made out with a lot of money to fund their terrorist acts and then killed them and made it look like a drug deal, knowing the cops would treat it with less interest.

Thanks, Mizunderstood. Everything you've said makes sense to me. I've never felt the gf was involved at all. Couples argue, someone slams a door, breaks a glass...not good, but not what this kind of killing was all about, either. I'm just so sorry about three young lives wasted. Six young lives, to be honest, plus the tragic deaths and injuries of the bombing victims and LEO's. All for naught.

ETA: Two questions, if you can answer, is it true the victims were found in separate rooms? Also, the food delivery, did the victims order? Or do you think it was a sick prank? Thanks in advance.

No problem Bessie,

Yes the victims were all in separate rooms, but there was no blood between the rooms (i.e hallway). The living room was totally roughed up with the couch flipped over and the bed in the bedroom where BM was found was also flipped over. Telling me that there was a struggle before being put in separate rooms, so im sure there is DNA evidence (beneath fingernails etc). We know that BM probably fought but we are not quite sure how they managed to subdue them all? I do know that there were guns at the house but the police could not find them after the crime. So TT probably used their own guns and then ripped them off.

EW was always ordering food so the delivery is more than likely to be true. Not sure if Gerry's Italian kitchen has any more ties other than that.

Does anyone know how long it takes DNA evidence to come back from testing? its been about a month now....

No problem Bessie,

Yes the victims were all in separate rooms, but there was no blood between the rooms (i.e hallway). The living room was totally roughed up with the couch flipped over and the bed in the bedroom where BM was found was also flipped over. Telling me that there was a struggle before being put in separate rooms, so im sure there is DNA evidence (beneath fingernails etc). We know that BM probably fought but we are not quite sure how they managed to subdue them all? I do know that there were guns at the house but the police could not find them after the crime. So TT probably used their own guns and then ripped them off.

EW was always ordering food so the delivery is more than likely to be true. Not sure if Gerry's Italian kitchen has any more ties other than that.

Does anyone know how long it takes DNA evidence to come back from testing? its been about a month now....

Thank you. I sat here and cried for a couple of hours one night reading EW's FB memorial that his mom and sister keep up for him. Then I read everything I could find from the families and friends of the other two guys. So heartbreaking.

I'm afraid DNA results can take a very long time. A year, year-and-a-half, isn't uncommon. The FBI lab still has a serious backlog. Because of the nature of this case, I'd think the testing would be stepped up. It could take a little while, though. I can imagine how anxious everyone must be. Hope it won't be much longer. :crossfingers:

Its been a tough "almost 2" years for everyone involved.
BM, EW, and RF were so so loved and it was extremely sad and traumatic for everyone. The whole thing came as such a shock, I still cant believe Tam was such psychopath! he acted like he really loved Brendan. All for what? some money? Which Brendan would have given to him had he just asked.....

Anyway I hope that we flush out all who are involved with this. I hope some of them stay alive so we know what really transpired. Something still seems mighty fishy..

Im not quite sure why you keep bringing up Bm's gf? I personally know the gf and knew all 3 of the victims.
Ill clear up some things for you......
BM and his gf were the ones living at the apt on 12 Harding ave. They were pretty close, and they had a fight (as all couples do) where she threw stuff at him, yes knives, as well as salad dressing. She left to visit a friend after the fight.
EW was staying with them in between apts. He had been there about a month.
They were all dealers so it is likely that it may have been a drug ripp off gone awry.
Tam was often at their house along with a few other folks that liked to come over and smoke with BM and co. Tam may have been casing the situation out figuring out the best time to rip him off, under the guise of being a friend/sparring partner.
The brother DT was not a usual guest at the house according to the gf, so the fact that there was DNA evidence that placed him at the scene makes him a suspect.
There was probably a lot more money at the scene, the 5g was likely overlooked, they probably got a lot of money.
They were definitely killed on the 11th as all communication stopped around 8pm the night before. when BM didnt pick up the gf at the airport she got a ride to the house and discovered the bodies. They were all stomach down with faces to the side, she said it looked as though they had been handcuffed but then hands had been released (Zip ties maybe?) so im assuming this was premeditated.
MY opinion? they ripped them off, made out with a lot of money to fund their terrorist acts and then killed them and made it look like a drug deal, knowing the cops would treat it with less interest.

Please don't misunderstand my reference to the GF. I am suggesting that it is possible one of the killers had it out for BM because he was with this particular woman. I am thinking that this was some sort of personal vendetta against a "non-believer" (in the killers eyes) and/or or a test of either one or all or their commitment to the cause.

The reason I even mention the new "transient" GF, as described by one of the victim's friends, is that friends who were interviewed back in 2011, said that they initially suspected the GF. But, it might be that one of the killers had some misguided belief that they were either avenging a wrong done by one of the victims toward GF or maybe even there was a jealousy/or honor issue.

This, IMO, had absolutely nothing to do with the drugs.

Thank you so much for posting here Mizunderstood and clearing some stuff up for us.
I'm so sorry about your loss,I can't even imagine if it happened to any of my friends.I don't think anyone here thinks the girlfriend was directly involved but I think what JustK is saying makes a lot of sense as far as motive is concerned.I was wondering if you knew of the guy that was shot in Orlando? Did you know of him hanging around?
Did you know TT over a longer period of time? Did you notice a change in him? Do you know his wife as well?
Also i'm wondering why are they saying that DT's DNA was found in the apt. if the results aren't even in yet?
I'm hoping everyone that loved the three guys will find some sort of closure soon but like you said yourself something still feels "fishy"....

The neighbor, who was home and recuperating from some health issue, did not see or hear any violence. Sounds like the turned over furniture was staged and after the fact.
Also, one of the friends of the victims said that he was texting with one of the victims re: the evening NFL game. So, obviously, some or all of the victims were there watching the game when the killers started their attack.

Also, from the last text to the arrival of the food delivery was only about a 3/4 of an hour. The time between the order and the food arriving is probably even less. So, either the killers had subdued the victims by the time the delivery person knocked (to no answer/response) or they were quick/well planned and in & out within about 30-40 minutes. Personally, I wonder if someone didn't use EW's phone to place that order in hopes of the crime being detected on 9/11. My guess, is that the killers maybe even left the door ajar but the delivery person left instead. (BUT, that wouldn't be the case if they were all found in different bedrooms and no one was left in the living room.)

@ Mizunderstood, did the GF find the door locked, closed, or ajar?

Huh, I don't understand this at all. Tsarnaev knew all of these guys and was reportedly 'best friends' with one. Based on Just K's post above, it sounds like the other guy likely knew BM too. I can't imagine a scenario where they would be ripping the guys off for drugs and not think they could be identified?

I still really don't buy the 'marijuana deal gone bad' story here.

I'm glad, at least, that the families will have some answers.

Yeah, I take it as what the guy told them, not necessarily the truth. We'll see what the motive was.

But Todashev is not the only person of interest being questioned out of state. WGBH News has learned that investigators were in Virginia meeting with Hilba Eltilib, a girlfriend and housemate of Waltham murder victim Brendan Mess. We’ve learned that her name was on the lease of the Waltham apartment where the murders took place. Eltilib discovered the bodies of the men on the morning of September 12, 2011. Mess was also friends with Tamerlan Tsaneav.

...Jack Cole, a retired New Jersey State Police officer now living in Malden, didn’t work on this case, but points to his 14 years as an undercover narcotics detective for perspective.

"If it is a drug-related homicide, it’s one of the most unusual ones I’ve ever heard of in my entire life," Cole said. "If what is true about the three victims being found on the floor with marijuana sprinkled all over their bodies and $5,000 in plain view left there, that’s pretty unusual for anybody that’s dealing in drugs to do those sort of things."

But Waltham law enforcement sources tells WGBH News that the Middlesex County D.A.’s office believes it’s possible that a "substantial amount of money" was taken from the house, and that the $5,000 and drugs may have been left behind to "confuse police." That’s one theory, and there are others.
http://www.wgbhnews.org/post/waltha...thon-bombing-probe-florida-fbi-shooting-death

"He felt inside he was going to get shot," Taramiv said about Todashev. "I told him, 'Everything is going to be fine, don't worry about it.' He said, 'I have a really bad feeling.'"
http://www.wesh.com/news/central-fl...8032/20249908/-/item/1/-/n8h8p3z/-/index.html

Bad feeling, all right. It's called guilt.

I have to question why the FBI conducted a lengthy interview with a perp whose record shows him to be violent and unpredictable, in his apartment. The kitchen, no less, where most any utensil can become a weapon. I don't like to second guess LE, but even I could have seen that one coming. I only hope enough evidence now exists to bring closure to the Waltham case.

The perp did not want to go to the station for an interview, so he requested they interview him there. I posted a link on the other thread.

Thank you so much for posting here Mizunderstood and clearing some stuff up for us.
I'm so sorry about your loss,I can't even imagine if it happened to any of my friends.I don't think anyone here thinks the girlfriend was directly involved but I think what JustK is saying makes a lot of sense as far as motive is concerned.I was wondering if you knew of the guy that was shot in Orlando? Did you know of him hanging around?
Did you know TT over a longer period of time? Did you notice a change in him? Do you know his wife as well?
Also i'm wondering why are they saying that DT's DNA was found in the apt. if the results aren't even in yet?
I'm hoping everyone that loved the three guys will find some sort of closure soon but like you said yourself something still feels "fishy"....

The door was left locked, matter of fact the gf had to have the landlord let her in, which means they either locked from the inside or they left out the kitchen door, steeping over the body of RT..

If DT's dna was there then it is likely that he was involved because throughout the time the gf was there she had never met the DT, meaning he was not a regular visitor. fingerprints are not the same as conclusive dna evidence in the crime scene.

I didnt know the wife, it was weird because TT spent so much time at BM house we used to question whether his wife would be concerned about him spending so much time there.

See the problem was they had no leads no direction to go in. so they focused on the gf, because she was new and different. What does "transient" even mean?

TT was always weird but slightly quiet and very awkward. However seemingly harmless enough.

The gf left MA after the incident and LEO did question her after the incident but there was nothing to tie her. so the case turned cold.

Wouldnt it have been something if they questioned Tam? the only reason they went out of state eventually to question IT was because of his connection to TT.

I still think their motive was money, why else would they kill them? im sure it had to be a large amount too.....

also did not know this orlando IT but also he had just moved to Orlando. He was apparently still in MA when the murders happened.

also did not know this orlando IT but also he had just moved to Orlando. He was apparently still in MA when the murders happened.

Apparently, per IT's wife/ex wife, he moved from Boston to Atlanta and then to Orlando (actually he may have been living in Kissimmee, FL and his GF or a group of people lived in Orlando). It seems none of thos MMA fighters really had jobs... I think even IT's dad said that he never knew of one his son had.

5k is a lot of money to leave in order to confuse police. Considering the terrorist act involved pressure cookers and likely the whole terrorist act combined cost less than 5K to carry out.

5k is a lot of money to leave in order to confuse police. Considering the terrorist act involved pressure cookers and likely the whole terrorist act combined cost less than 5K to carry out.

trust me on this one..compared to how much money they probably took, it was chump change...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back