MA MA - Rapheal Teken, 37, Eric Weissman, 31, & Brandon Mess, 25, Waltham, 12 Sept 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If someone had a gun, it would be much easier to use that gun than slitting victims' throats.
So, I don't think the perp had a gun.

Looks like the case is hearing up.
"Massachusetts investigators have developed what they call "mounting evidence," bolstered by "forensic hits," that point to the possible involvement of both Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his younger brother Dzhokhar in a gruesome, unsolved triple homicide in 2011, law enforcement officials told ABC News."
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/mount...-triple-murder/story?id=19151271#.UY0yfUqDbEI

Thanks for the link, jjenny. I was searching for an update just last night. I figured we'd hear something soon.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/mount...-triple-murder/story?id=19151271#.UY1Ezsph68B

And if that was figured out after the murder, perhaps marathon bombing could have been prevented.
Why did police not look into TT? Given that method of murder was rather unusal for pot dealers. Sounds like police went off on wild goose chase, chasing drug dealers from out of state. Not looking right under their nose.
And by the way, is it any surprise that TT and DT apparently thought that police would not be able to link them to bombing? After all, maybe they had a reason to not have a high opinion of the ability of police to solve a case.

And if that was figured out after the murder, perhaps marathon bombing could have been prevented.
Why did police not look into TT? Given that method of murder was rather unusal for pot dealers. Sounds like police went off on wild goose chase, chasing drug dealers from out of state. Not looking right under their nose.
And by the way, is it any surprise that TT and DT apparently thought that police would not be able to link them to bombing? After all, maybe they had a reason to not have a high opinion of the ability of police to solve a case.
My guess is they simply didn't have reason to do more than interview him, if they did that. The police can't demand fingerprints and cheek swabs at will (thank goodness). How may times have we heard once a perp is caught that he was under suspicion for other crimes? Yet, we don't know right now if the police even knew TT existed. He didn't attend the funeral, and this latest article says he made himself scarce from the gym. So he was keeping a low profile. He didn't have a criminal record other than the domestic violence charge, and if no one told LE, "You really need to check out this guy, TT, etc., etc... then there was no reason to track him down. I'll be curious to hear if he was even wason the radar.

My guess is they simply didn't have reason to do more than interview him, if they did that. The police can't demand fingerprints and cheek swabs at will (thank goodness). How may times have we heard once a perp is caught that he was under suspicion for other crimes? Yet, we don't know right now if the police even knew TT existed. He didn't attend the funeral, and this latest article says he made himself scarce from the gym. So he was keeping a low profile. He didn't have a criminal record other than the domestic violence charge, and if no one told LE, "You really need to check out this guy, TT, etc., etc... then there was no reason to track him down. I'll be curious to hear if he was even wason the radar.

From what has been reported, police never interviewed TT at all. His fingerprints should have been on file because he is an immigrant. Immigrants have their fingerprints taken upon arrival into the country.

From what has been reported, police never interviewed TT at all. His fingerprints should have been on file because he is an immigrant. Immigrants have their fingerprints taken upon arrival into the country.
Good point! Then perhaps there were no fingerprints left behind. I can't imagine even an ameteur criminal committing a crime of that nature without gloves.

Good point! Then perhaps there were no fingerprints left behind. I can't imagine even an ameteur criminal committing a crime of that nature without gloves.

I guess we have to wait and see as to what kind of forensic evidence police was able to find now.
His fingerprints would be in INS database (immigration and naturalization database).
Did police ever look at that database?

I guess we have to wait and see as to what kind of forensic evidence police was able to find now.
His fingerprints would be in INS database (immigration and naturalization database).
Did police ever look at that database?
I'm honestly not sure, jjenny. Changes have been implemented recently in the way INS, Homeland Security and the FBI share information. Inmates' fingerprints are now crosschecked with the INS database, but I don't *think* fingerprints lifted from crime scenes are run through INS as a matter of routine. I'd have to research it. But you're right. We'll just have to wait and see. I don't think it will be long. Middlesex County is anxious to close the book on the Waltham murders, and if they can pin it on DT, all the better.

It will be interesting to see if the friends ever brought up their suspicions about TT to any investigators.

Considering that he and BM were friends, then his fingerprints at the scene wouldn't necessarily mean anything, unless on a murder weapon, or on top of a blood splatter, etc.

If they found his fingeprints at the scene, one would think that they at the very least would have interviewed him.
He was never even questioned.

I remember reading early on that TT once delivered pizza. Another connection to Gerry's? Drug related slayings are rare when mid-level dealing is involved. If it was drug related, what would have been the motive? There was cash and weed on hand. I think a drug beef would have been settled by seizing the pot and the money. Are the religion of the victims and the date of the crime merely hugely coincidental? A twisted, ideological motive may not make a lot of sense, but then neither did the bombings. Vicious crimes rarely make sense to normal, non criminal people.

A gun and a knife could have both been used, a gun to subdue and separate the victims, a knife because it's quiet and personal. In knife attacks, the perpetrator's blood sometimes gets mixed with the victims if the perpetrator nicks himself. The testing is pretty sophisticated and time consuming.

I don't think DT's age at the time of the murders rules him out. Look what he did a year and a half later. It's way far from a slam dunk, but it all fits, IMO.

It is possible that TT brought his brother along. Possibly, he brought him as an unwilling or unsuspecting participant. Per the other friends, TT was said to have been chummy with BM's new (Somalian) girlfriend. She supposedly came at BM with a knife. That was either the day of the murder or in the days just before.The girlfriend and TT supposedly would discuss religion apart from the group. The friends suspected the gf from the start.

Might make sense that TT did this for her and enlisted DT to help.

Doing that together would have given TT even more power over his younger brother.

Oddly, TT's father left the US shortly after the murders. And, the story that he was attacked, in the streets of Boston, by three Russian athletes...and that three young men were murdered... sounds a bit fishy.

This article says TT's fingerprints were found at the apartment. And his phone was used near the murder scence on the day of the murder. So why did they not even interview him?
Sounds like a really poor investigation was done.

"Tsarnaev was close friends with one victim, Brendan Mess. According to sources, Tamerlan's cell phone was used near the murder scene on the day of the triple homicide and his fingerprints were found inside the apartment. Ward is told, however, this evidence does not place him at the crime scene."

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22...tial-connection-to-2011-murders#ixzz2T15732wp

Wouldn't it be something if the phone trace was to the call for the delivery order?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back