MA MA - Rapheal Teken, 37, Eric Weissman, 31, & Brandon Mess, 25, Waltham, 12 Sept 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Message to whom? I don't think it was a message to someone. If the victims were already dead, I really think that the killer called it in, hoping that bodies would be discovered quickly.
After all the bodies were sprinkled with pot. So, appears the scene is staged and that effort could be wasted if bodies aren't found quickly.

But if they wanted the bodies to be discovered quickly, would a delivery person be the best bet? Wouldn't you expect them to just do what they did -- Ring the bell and then go away when no one answers?

The reporter (Michele McPhee again) seems to be implying that this may have been where TT worked as a pizza delivery guy, even though the restaurant has said it wasn't. Wouldn't it also be unlikely for a killer to risk revealing details (like say, having an accent or having your voice recognized) by calling in a take out order?

But if EW called in that order himself and this is the last time he was heard from, you would think the delivery person would have heard something. Didn't the families say that they thought the murder happened around 9 pm? Either that or they were in and out within about 15 min.

Strange.

But if they wanted the bodies to be discovered quickly, would a delivery person be the best bet? Wouldn't you expect them to just do what they did -- Ring the bell and then go away when no one answers?

The reporter (Michele McPhee again) seems to be implying that this may have been where TT worked as a pizza delivery guy, even though the restaurant has said it wasn't. Wouldn't it also be unlikely for a killer to risk revealing details (like say, having an accent or having your voice recognized) by calling in a take out order?

But if EW called in that order himself and this is the last time he was heard from, you would think the delivery person would have heard something. Didn't the families say that they thought the murder happened around 9 pm? Either that or they were in and out within about 15 min.

Strange.

Was the door open? If so, maybe the killer expected delivery person to go in? The last message was at 8:11 pm, so murder could have happened after that.

True, they could have left the door open. Didn't think of that. Although if that was the plan, it obviously didn't work.

I wonder if neighbors were home that night. I think the articles saying they didn't hear anything were referring to the 12th, although I guess they would have mentioned if they heard or saw anything unusual at all. It looks like the kind of place where a big violent struggle would be heard by the people on the first floor.

Three murders, throats slit-crime scene had to be very bloody. How does one not leave fingerprints/DNA on such a scene? Or did police not put much effort into looking for forensic evidence? Reportedly, TT was never even interviewed, which doesn't suggest to me that much effort was put into this investigation. Or police went off completely chasing wild goose.

My money is on the door being left ajar. I really believe whoever did this wanted the bodies to be discovered on September 11th. I find it very odd that a delivery order was made, from an Italian restaurant, for only meat. Even more odd was, meatballs, a chicken cutlett, and this "Sausage on the side." On the side of what?

Earlier it was reported that in addition to the throats being cut MJ was spread all over the bodies.."IN A SYMBOLIC GESTURE."

What does that mean...was the weed laid out in some pattern or on or in certain body parts?

It is so creepy.

True, they could have left the door open. Didn't think of that. Although if that was the plan, it obviously didn't work.

I wonder if neighbors were home that night. I think the articles saying they didn't hear anything were referring to the 12th, although I guess they would have mentioned if they heard or saw anything unusual at all. It looks like the kind of place where a big violent struggle would be heard by the people on the first floor.

If I'm not mistaken, the owner lived on the first floor underneath the apartment. Regardless, it was pretty brazen to commit a triple murder above an occupied residence unless the killer knew the downstairs neighbor wouldn't be home.

I can't wrap my head around the idea of the killer calling for a pizza delivery because he wanted to make sure the crime was discovered. Why not just call 911 from a victim's cell phone? I hope the order taker was questioned about the call. Male or female? Any accent?

My guess is that EW did place the call just before the killer arrived, and when the perp heard the delivery person coming up the stairs he (or they) told the victims to stay quiet.

ETA: I think that report of the bodies being dragged up the stairs had to be a mistake. JMO

Three murders, throats slit-crime scene had to be very bloody. How does one not leave fingerprints/DNA on such a scene? Or did police not put much effort into looking for forensic evidence? Reportedly, TT was never even interviewed, which doesn't suggest to me that much effort was put into this investigation. Or police went off completely chasing wild goose.
No fingerprints if the killer used gloves. DNA? If there was a struggle, perhaps, but if a killer's DNA isn't in CODIS, it's useless. Now that TT is a possible suspect, a DNA comparison can be made, assuming there is DNA evidence.

There are three victims. How could a perp possibly tell all three to be quiet?
My bet it the killer killed them one at a time, and they didn't see it coming.
Which is why there might have been no noise from struggle. With throat slit, one can not scream.
Also the last text message was 40 minutes prior to the phone call ordering food.
The messages stopped abruptly. I think murders took place prior to the food order.
Killer putting on gloves would really suggest planning, and I am not sure sure this was planned in advance.

My money is on the door being left ajar. I really believe whoever did this wanted the bodies to be discovered on September 11th. I find it very odd that a delivery order was made, from an Italian restaurant, for only meat. Even more odd was, meatballs, a chicken cutlett, and this "Sausage on the side." On the side of what?

Earlier it was reported that in addition to the throats being cut MJ was spread all over the bodies.."IN A SYMBOLIC GESTURE."

What does that mean...was the weed laid out in some pattern or on or in certain body parts?

It is so creepy.

Yes, I think the bodies were staged and the killer wanted them discovered quickly.

There are three victims. How could a perp possibly tell all three to be quiet?
My bet it the killer killed them one at a time, and they didn't see it coming.
Which is why there might have been no noise from struggle. With throat slit, one can not scream.
Also the last text message was 40 minutes prior to the phone call ordering food.
The messages stopped abruptly. I think murders took place prior to the food order.
Killer putting on gloves would really suggest planning, and I am not sure sure this was planned in advance.

By holding a knife to one victim's throat and threatening to use it if the others move. A better question...

How could one perp kill all three with a knife? While he was killing one, what were the others doing? Waiting patiently in separate rooms? In that case, maybe EW was placing the food order while the others were being killed.

And if it wasn't planned, then the whole 9/11 theory goes out the window. So then what was the point of the perp calling for pizza to have the bodies discovered quickly?

Either way, I don't see one guy, even a boxer, killing three strong men with his hands unless it were the middle of the night, and they were all asleep. But we know that's not the case.

By holding a knife to one victim's throat and threatening to use it if the others move. A better question...

How could one perp kill all three with a knife? While he was killing one, what were the others doing? Waiting patiently in separate rooms? In that case, maybe EW was placing the food order while the others were being killed.

And if it wasn't planned, then the whole 9/11 theory goes out the window. So then what was the point of the perp calling for pizza to have the bodies discovered quickly?

Either way, I don't see one guy, even a boxer, killing three strong men with his hands unless it were the middle of the night, and they were all asleep. But we know that's not the case.

Maybe they weren't all dead when the pizza delivery guy went there. IIRC, someone was seen leaving the apartment the next morning/day. Could be Brendan had visitors and was killed first and the others came by later, either together or one at a time, to see why he wasn't texting back.

The order of 3 meat dishes to that addy is just ... unusual. Three guys dead, 3 entire meat dishes ordered ... nobody into other Italian cuisine such as spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli, garlic toast, pop? If the order was for one person, who would order ALL meat? If the order was for three people, who was the dude that was only going to have 1 chicken cutlet?

I have some sick thoughts, but am not going to post them.

Maybe they weren't all dead when the pizza delivery guy went there. IIRC, someone was seen leaving the apartment the next morning/day. Could be Brendan had visitors and was killed first and the others came by later, either together or one at a time, to see why he wasn't texting back.

The order of 3 meat dishes to that addy is just ... unusual. Three guys dead, 3 entire meat dishes ordered ... nobody into other Italian cuisine such as spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli, garlic toast, pop? If the order was for one person, who would order ALL meat? If the order was for three people, who was the dude that was only going to have 1 chicken cutlet?

I have some sick thoughts, but am not going to post them.

I don't think they were all dead, either. I think the perp had control of the situation and kept them quiet.

EW was living there, iirc. I've read so much on this case, it's becoming hard to keep track. The call was placed from his phone, so he must have been there, or en route. LE should've been able to nail that down pretty easily. The first reports said RT lived in Cambridge, but a correction was posted on the one year anniversary to say he actually lived in Waltham. LE wouldn't give an address, but the reporter found one for him at a different address.

http://waltham.patch.com/articles/new-detail-in-waltham-triple-murder

I know the food order is peculiar, if it's accurate. Who knows, maybe they were on protein diets. Maybe the meat was to supplement some other food already on hand. In any case, those selections are actual side orders on the menu.

http://www.seamless.com/food-delivery/gerry-italian-kitchen-boston.17907.r#menu-tab

From what's reported, communication from all three stopped abruptly at about 8:15.
That suggests all three were dead before food order was placed.
One person could have killed all three if they were incapacitated in some way-such as from drinking/smoking pot.
But early reports suggest police were looking for two suspects.
So, one could have been doing the killings, while the other one was helping.

Umm ... found Gerry's on FB. Menu is Italian, but not sure about ownership. When you click on the very few photos of woman and child, connects to a person VV. When you go to VV's page, her interests are most definitely related to Islam. Haven't yet determined whether that be radical or otherwise.

Property records on loopnet are all locked down on the addy for the restaurant, but a google on the same addy brings it up as also being a USPS Mail Collection/Drop Box and a locksmith business. Streetview just shows it as a one-level building, not multi-level, and doesn't appear to be multi-unit either. Don't know when the restaurant biz changed hands, but used to be an Italian restaurant under another name.

https://www.google.com/maps?q=&laye...=X&ei=_y-BUbHEEejkywHOj4H4CQ&ved=0CIoBEKcfMAo

Use your right and left arrows and look at the GRAFFITI on the grey wall on the side of the building directly across the street from Gerry's. The image date says 2007. So, it probably means nothing. Also if you go down the front of the other businesses, you will see a parking lot and the Planet Aid clothing boxes.

Good eye JK ... looks like possible variations of Johar/Jahar. Is that your take?

Good eye JK ... looks like possible variations of Johar/Jahar. Is that your take?

Yep, he would have been 13 or 14 in 2007. I know in my area teenagers have done some pretty elaborate graffiti. I guess it's possible he could have done it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back