MA - Sandra Birchmore, Stoughton, 4 Feb 2021 *former police officer arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chief Donna McNamara we are looking at YOU!
You say you've been working alongside the FBI, but the FBI shouldn't have ever been involved in this case. It's only because YOUR team dropped the ball and covered for each other. Shameful!

This young woman was taken advantage of (polite wording by me) by your employees. And you didn't care to look closely into the matter.
McNamara needs to go too.

Thanks for the info.
Yes, those poor children and hopefully the wife divorced him at the very least...doubtful though?
The SWAT team denied him the opportunity to go out in a blaze and who knows if he would have taken his family with him.
Had MF seen them at his residence he would have known damn well that his days of freedom and lies were over.
Too many LE have been injured/killed by approaching residences where the suspect is armed and holed up inside.

One hopes she divorces him, takes the children, changes their names and moves to another state ASAP. Just for the kids. Think of them and their lives. She is a victim in this case, too, and her children. Also, putting myself in her shoes, in hindsight I'd be both scared and angry.

100% agree. I felt so sorry for Sandra when reading those messages. She kept pretending that somehow this was a normal relationship that would somehow have a happy ending even though that murdering creep told her over and over it wasn’t going to happen. Her persistence with the threats of exposure while also looking forward to him coming to her baby shower etc.. etc..made me think that she had no concept of what love in a relationship looks like - due in large part I’m sure to the grooming and abuse she received.

You know, lots of things might be simply explained by SB having no father figure in her life, perhaps? And then, if she worshipped the police, it added to it. In some families, the police showed up as the "saviors", maybe this is where it came from. So, first a girl who is in awe of LE, then a policeman who is her mentor, and MF could have been viewed as a young father by her. And then, he became Sandra's first man. Add to it that SB’s relatives die, and MF was probably the only stable figure in her life.

Why did she want to have a child? Well, this is why I suspect she was a vulnerable adult. However, didn’t MF and SB become lovers before he got married? I am just thinking out loud, MOO, If, if! - MF explained to SB that he had to marry because his wife to be was expecting, then in the mind of a naive 15-year-old girl, the idea that “men marry because women get pregnant”, could have lodged itself. And perhaps while her goal to get pregnant was because she wanted MF to marry her, MF was thinking, “if I give her a child, she’d let me go.” Plus, maybe, he thought that him having an identical twin brother would make it hard to prove whose child it was.

Anyhow, these are just ideas. Surely the fact that under the guise of Police Explorers these very adult men were engaged in something that smells of a pedophile circus, is horrible.

If you look at all the dates, you can see that Sandra might have struggled with some academic issues, as it would seem, but seems to have had resilience. Graduated from state college. Had an job. Also, I would not be surprised if there were gossips in town, but you know, she was all on her own, with mom and grandma dying, and she was totally managing her life. All these guys are simply a bunch of angry predators.

His wife was in the hospital when Sandra was being murdered, and gave birth the next morning.

When Farwell was arrested he had one of his children with him in his work truck. He was still living in the family home in North Easton. Horrible for the little boy, but the police indicated there were 10 registered guns at his house in Easton (who knows how many unregistered weapons this lunatic had) and I'm sure they didn't relish a gunfight in a suburban neighborhood.

Was the info about what happened when he was arrested coming from the press conference, or somewhere else? Also the info about the detention center where he's held?

I have the feeling that whoever SB's friend is who did call in the MF info was trying to do the right thing but was naive ( I get it) in thinking it would get to the proper authority within the police dept.
That is assuming that it didn't until we hear otherwise.
I may have done the same thing, even if it was years too late as in this case and it's only after paying somewhat attention to cases/trials here and watching TV legal minds following these kinds of cases I've come to the decision that the best route is first speaking to a TRUSTED defense lawyer,one you know or one that comes highly recommended to get advice on who can be trusted with information like this and actually following through.
We know that Mass DA Michael Morrissey was a tragic failure.

I originally thought SB's friend was trying to do the right thing as well, but after I read the federal affidavit I changed my mind. Instead, I think she was trying to get back at SB and MF for a perceived or actual wrong. If you look at page 22, point #58 it lists the angry text messages MF sent to SB about this topic and after he says (I'm paraphrasing because of the language used) "your friend called my work to complain about me" he then says "Did you steal from her?" which SB denies. So it seems that the caller either mentioned this allegation to the Stoughton police or MF suspected that was why she did what she did.

Link to the document:

It is good that point #58 on page 2 of the 08/28/2024 Affidavit filed in this case has come to light. But IMO I am not certain how much ‘stock’ I am placing in what MF said or is stated to have indicated to SB. Are there recordings of that conversation(s)?

On the other hand, it is apparent IMO that ‘Person 5’ needs to be fully investigated by the authorities in this matter. It is inconceivable how that individual would relay any sensitive information or allegations about an officer’s conduct directly to MF on the accusation! SMH. Is that how an Internal Affairs investigation is conducted? I would think not. Is that how such disclosures are handled in Stoughton, MA Police Department? I hope not.

Stoughton Police Chief Donna McNamara and others need to investigate why that alleged complaint was addressed in this manner by ‘Person 5’. IMO it seems to have directly, or indirectly, resulted in the death of SB. MOO

I originally thought SB's friend was trying to do the right thing as well, but after I read the federal affidavit I changed my mind. Instead, I think she was trying to get back at SB and MF for a perceived or actual wrong. If you look at page 22, point #58 it lists the angry text messages MF sent to SB about this topic and after he says (I'm paraphrasing because of the language used) "your friend called my work to complain about me" he then says "Did you steal from her?" which SB denies. So it seems that the caller either mentioned this allegation to the Stoughton police or MF suspected that was why she did what she did.

Link to the document:

Well, from what I have read, SB simply couldn’t repay the money and the friend called the police and offered to whoever answered that maybe, MF should have paid for her as everyone knew MF and SB were a known item. That SB could have been impulsive (one wonders if there was a history of drinking in her family…that would be almost an endemic issue for Canton as it would appear from two known cases, but some kids might be more affected), but it doesn’t take away from SB, who was left on her own at such a young age and tried hard. And it makes the whole PD look even worse. She went to adopt a kitten, and ended up being used by the PO who was an animal handler. What the heck, like they knew of her disability and were abusing her because they knew? This is a very serious issue.

Well, from what I have read, SB simply couldn’t repay the money and the friend called the police and offered to whoever answered that maybe, MF should have paid for her as everyone knew MF and SB were a known item. That SB could have been impulsive (one wonders if there was a history of drinking in her family…that would be almost an endemic issue for Canton as it would appear from two known cases, but some kids might be more affected), but it doesn’t take away from SB, who was left on her own at such a young age and tried hard. And it makes the whole PD look even worse. She went to adopt a kitten, and ended up being used by the PO who was an animal handler. What the heck, like they knew of her disability and were abusing her because they knew? This is a very serious issue.

Where did you read further info about the theft/debt? Please link...I'd like to know more.

Was the info about what happened when he was arrested coming from the press conference, or somewhere else? Also the info about the detention center where he's held?

I didn't watch the whole press conference, but there are plenty of news reports out there stating he was arrested at a strip mall plaza in Revere and that he'd been driving a gravel truck. He started his own trucking company shortly after leaving the force. This is him. https://www.carriersource.io/carriers/dmj-transportation-llc Also referenced here: Police 'took advantage of cop-obsessed' woman who told pal fears before murder

There are only a few photos of his arrest taken from a video made by a bystander, but in one screen grab you can see a little boy about 8 years old standing next to him as it starts to goes down. I'm not linking as the child's face is not blurred in anything I've seen.

I heard on a local TV news broadcast that he was brought to the Wyatt detention center in Central Falls, RI, which is apparently often used by the FBI for those awaiting arraignment/trial.

Where did you read further info about the theft/debt? Please link...I'd like to know more.
If you can log into Boston Globe (they are behind pay wall for me now as I have used them a couple of times and I refuse to pay - I'd gladly pay for 1-2 articles but a monthly subscription is impossible to cancel later, and this seems to be the only option), it should be there. They didn't mention a theft, they said SB sent a message to her friend indicating she could not pay now, and then the friend called Stoughton PD about it and in the course of the conversation, suggested that MF might pay. I don't blame the friend, who'd know that a locally known cop would turn a killer?

In the meantime, more about the third officer because this gazette is still free.
He was a comfort dog handler. Schools again?

Last edited:
In the meantime, more about the third officer because this gazette is still free.

The animal control officer. He left Stoughton and joined the Abington police force. While at work and in his office in Stoughton, he allegedly traded sexual favors with Sandra in exchange for a kitten. Another great hire for the town.

He was dropped from the family's lawsuit (or possibly never sued in the first place) because she was above the age of consent when this happened. The family is suing Matthew's twin brother Billy and Robert Devine, who started the Explorers program in town, however, and I'm very curious to know what the FBI was able to find about them. William Farwell is fighting to be certified again as a police officer. Good luck with that now, Bill.

If you can log into Boston Globe (they are behind pay wall for me now as I have used them a couple of times and I refuse to pay - I'd gladly pay for 1-2 articles but a monthly subscription is impossible to cancel later, and this seems to be the only option), it should be there. They didn't mention a theft, they said SB sent a message to her friend indicating she could not pay now, and then the friend called Stoughton PD about it and in the course of the conversation, suggested that MF might pay. I don't blame the friend, who'd know that a locally known cop would turn a killer?

I keep going back to SB's therapist.

IMO: There's no way in hell SB didn't tell them everything or just about everything, 12 yr old to rape at 15 by a married cop who did more than just "shove " her which is all that's quoted the therapist said in MF's detention document.
SB had no filter,and her therapist was described as "long term".
Therapists are mandated reporters.

"Heal told Stoughton investigators that Birchmore adopted a cat from the shelter around 2019 and then would occasionally come by to see the shelter’s dogs and cats. While there, she would tell Heal details about her relationships with the other Stoughton police officers, including sharing photos and videos, according to interview transcripts. Heal testified Birchmore seemed to need to “vent.”

"Heal told Stoughton investigators that Birchmore adopted a cat from the shelter around 2019 and then would occasionally come by to see the shelter’s dogs and cats. While there, she would tell Heal details about her relationships with the other Stoughton police officers, including sharing photos and videos, according to interview transcripts. Heal testified Birchmore seemed to need to “vent.”

My daughter was on a sports team with Sandra for a couple of years. Says she was hands down the chattiest person she's ever met in her life, a non-stop talker with a tendency to over-share.

Whether she was "venting" or just being her usual self, knowing what we know about him, I think it's a safe guess that Heal enjoyed that chatter.

The animal control officer. He left Stoughton and joined the Abington police force. While at work and in his office in Stoughton, he allegedly traded sexual favors with Sandra in exchange for a kitten. Another great hire for the town.

He was dropped from the family's lawsuit (or possibly never sued in the first place) because she was above the age of consent when this happened. The family is suing Matthew's twin brother Billy and Robert Devine, who started the Explorers program in town, however, and I'm very curious to know what the FBI was able to find about them. William Farwell is fighting to be certified again as a police officer. Good luck with that now, Bill.

I think he might eventually be a witness.

But...when Sandra's mom died, she wrote a thank you note to the police for taking care of her child. In the Boston Globe that's beyond a pay wall for me now, there is a photo that breaks my heart. Police Explorers, and Sandra when she joined them...so tiny, with a wide smile!

So bad luck, the father dies, and the women are trying their best to raise this child. And all these Scouts-like organizations, set up to help and support kids without much guidance, instead of protecting these children, start grooming them and moreover, any step becomes a payment system. Didn't MF had a friend in National Guards who allegedly helped SB to get there, but she didn't make the cut? (Or maybe, he didn't really try?) Wasn't he trading favors, too?

The only system that I don't see abusing her is the education one. She graduated or somehow transferred to community college, finished it, then was accepted as a TA in school. It sounds that they were trying. But the law was using her at all steps.

A very ancient phrase existing in every culture, "a fish rots from the head down", is totally applicable here. Two cases: one, the Canton PD is made of alcoholics who feel empowered to drink, drive and work drunk, while perfectly aware of own problem. The other one, sorry, Stoughton police department is a pedophile-like, human trafficking-like structure, and the humans being trafficked are the most vulnerable ones.

I was very much upset about Proctor's texts but in comparison to this MF, they look almost like Sunday school verses.

I hope the feds will be digging deeper into this case. It already is starting to look like "the Chinatown", only with much weaker, yet tenacious, characters.

I have yet to see any media article that addresses all the people who knew SB and knew all about the vile toxic perverted MF and never went to authorities.

You know, people might have been seeing the tip of the iceberg and thinking it was all. How would it look to people not in the know? That here was a young girl having sexual encounters with adult guys in the town. Don't you think it is always easy to blame the girl, because there are several guys?

One has to read these exchanges between her and "that MF", sorry for a pun, to understand how she was groomed, and used, and abused. And, she really worshipped LE, she'd do anything for them.

After her mom died, there was no female role model to even explain things. And then she tried to follow her dream, police academy, NG... I bet these LEOs knew she wouldn't be accepted but each interview, each step probably would mean, "being thankful" to the person arranging it. And how would she even know any better, if this vulnerable young girl was trained to do it? From fifteen?

This is why I want all her diagnoses to be transparent. I think the LEOs knew she was disabled. She had no family, no one standing behind her. And LEO sex trafficked her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smanworld
Back