MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 Aug 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In either the Vanished podcast or in the TV news interview, Sandra's daughter says something was telling her NOT to go over to her mom's to check on her, to protect herself. I found that surprising.

I don't remember this. I do remember the daughter saying her husband told her not to worry and not to bother going over. I think she was referring to the night before she realized her mother was missing for real. Even though it's a four mile drive, she said they were both tired and figured Sandra was in a mood.

I don't remember this. I do remember the daughter saying her husband told her not to worry and not to bother going over. I think she was referring to the night before she realized her mother was missing for real. Even though it's a four mile drive, she said they were both tired and figured Sandra was in a mood.
She did say when at the beach and still no answer from her mother, she had a bad sinking feeling. YET, they did not swing in to check in on her in person, kids tired from the beach or not. Her husband said don't worry, she's babysitting the kids tomorrow and might be out with a neighbor. In a video interview, he had said that he always makes sure whoever is babysitting the boys he checks in with them the night before. Adamant. That didn't happen this time. Time had gone by by the time her daughter did go to the house then end of day, her husband then went to the police after work. She did say that she felt maybe was being 'protected' from something by not going over right away, as it is, something bad did happen. Don't know if she felt it was a possibility in her subconscience, but it sounds it.

She did say when at the beach and still no answer from her mother, she had a bad sinking feeling. YET, they did not swing in to check in on her in person, kids tired from the beach or not. Her husband said don't worry, she's babysitting the kids tomorrow and might be out with a neighbor. In a video interview, he had said that he always makes sure whoever is babysitting the boys he checks in with them the night before. Adamant. That didn't happen this time. Time had gone by by the time her daughter did go to the house then end of day, her husband then went to the police after work. She did say that she felt maybe was being 'protected' from something by not going over right away, as it is, something bad did happen. Don't know if she felt it was a possibility in her subconscience, but it sounds it.
SIL could have made a quick check on his way home from work?
The comment about being out with a neighbor does not fit the description that emphatically describes Sandra as a stay at home no cell no internet no computer grandmother who doesn’t even have girlfriends over for a cup of tea.
JMO

SIL could have made a quick check on his way home from work?
The comment about being out with a neighbor does not fit the description that emphatically describes Sandra as a stay at home no cell no internet no computer grandmother who doesn’t even have girlfriends over for a cup of tea.
JMO
I believe it's a 'story' of some sort. They live minutes from each other. Sandra is new to that little neighborhood, alone, by the woods on the dead end, no car as it's at the shop. Knowing there is family strife on Sandra's side that was never mentioned.. ONE of them should of / could of gone over there right after the beach, absol not a question on that. Her daughter had a bad feeling but still went home instead of swinging in to her mother's house. No answer still that night, no running over before bed, where husband said, sure she's fine etc.. see her tomorrow. There was no guarantee of that and they knew it. He was very clear on the tv interview that they make sure all is set the night before with the babysitting sitch. They'd have to be.

That was said in the podcast by L. You should go back to hear it
Still wondering if Sandra ever made it home or into the house or was overtaken as soon as she opened the door. The thing is, her big purse went with her. Makes it seem more didn't make it home, SIL was to have dropped her off, parked in street, didn't pull into her empty driveway, had to back up down the street a bit that way to leave the area. Was someone hiding right there with their car /truck he didn't notice and abducted her or she went willingly for a 'minute'? Her cigarettes were also in her purse still. Never heard but it was never said if they were found along with her lighter left on the stairs or in the house. It was daylight, her arriving with the big pick up and kids shouting and her, goodbye's, it would be heard. That was asked I'm sure by LE who did go around talking to neighbors it has been said.
We don't know though and daughter hasn't said anything about that, as no one saw a thing is the thing or heard. Since Sandra's door / the side door it sounds, was not locked, Sandra may not of had another key and the key chain was left at garage. Her door must of been left unlocked when she left as daughter said it was unlocked. Seems someone watched or planned assuming all would go smoothly as it appears it has so far. All of Sandra's things were on her and with her when she 'vanished'.

Last edited:
Her husband said don't worry, she's babysitting the kids tomorrow and might be out with a neighbor.

I smell something hinky.
Might be out with a neighbor?!
She'd only moved in a few months before, didn't know anyone in the area, and kept herself to herself. She wasn't social at all, unless it was family.

Why would she suddenly be "out with a neighbor" now?!

*rolleyes*

Still wondering if Sandra ever made it home or into the house or was overtaken as soon as she opened the door. SIL was to have dropped her off, parked in street, didn't pull into her empty driveway. Was someone hiding right there with their car /truck he didn't notice and abducted her.

The abductor (if there was one) would have to rely on none of the family coming into the house.

It sounds like as she babysat the grandkids a lot, so the family were always in and out of the house. Any potential abductor would be taking a huge risk being in the house themselves at that time.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it's unlikely.

Plus there were no signs of a struggle or fight.

MOO.

Last edited:
The abductor (if there was one) would have to rely on none of the family coming into the house.

It sounds like as she babysat the grandkids a lot, so the family were always in and out of the house. Any potential abductor would be taking a huge risk being in the house themselves at that time.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it's unlikely.

Plus there were no signs of a struggle or fight.

MOO.
Blood droplets were found and LE did come back and take forensic material out of the house. Nothing on that has been released though due to the investigation ongoing. Her daughter found them in the bedroom. Also the bed /mattress was disturbed, as lifted up and the bed slats were down except one. LE didn't think it was a crime scene at the time, but don't know now. That was their perspective. They also didn't see the blood droplets at the initial visit. She may not of made it into the house one way or another. She may of left innocently or under duress. No sign of struggle there but she didn't know she wouldn't or might not return, depending on the circumstances of how she never did return home.

Feel badly for people that live alone there.

I only saw one interview with a female neighbor who smiled and said no one in the neighborhood was concerned as they didn't see this as a random event.

I'd love to know why they (or at least this one neighbor) felt this way. Were there ever goings-on in Sandra's house that neighbors previously heard/observed? It's a tight area, even though Sandra's house is off the beaten path.

*edited to add that SIL's mother has been living in Sandra's house alone for some time now.

Last edited:
I only saw one interview with a female neighbor who smiled and said no one in the neighborhood was concerned as they didn't see this as a random event.

I'd love to know why they (or at least this one neighbor) felt this way. Were there ever goings-on in Sandra's house that neighbors previously heard/observed? It's a tight area, even though Sandra's house is off the beaten path.
Soooo weird. I'd of loved to have seen that interview! Right, the houses are very close, jammed in that spot. Sandra's is at the end of the dirtish road. On google map and others that people kindly posted here, you can see how it looks all in all. I had heard way back that 'people' weren't worried. I thought are you all clueless?? Could be that and or as you say, saw kind of a not so private lifestyle at times. What would make this woman smile and say didnt' see as a random event. I can't imagine any happenings at S that would make me smile and not be concerned at all. Meaning even behavior of Sandra the short time she was there. Three days a week with her grandsons.
I saw an old comment on the Bob Ward/ FB post that one girl was concerned but had said the police had knocked on all doors, looking for vid things like that and if they saw anything unusual.
The picture was painted by her daughter that the neighbors had called the police to get rid of reporters there..nice. We did need to hear and see more of what the neighbors actually DID say or see that day ourselves.

Soooo weird. I'd of loved to have seen that interview! Right, the houses are very close, jammed in that spot. Sandra's is at the end of the dirtish road. On google map and others that people kindly posted here, you can see how it looks all in all. I had heard way back that 'people' weren't worried. I thought are you all clueless?? Could be that and or as you say, saw kind of a not so private lifestyle at times. What would make this woman smile and say didnt' see as a random event. I can't imagine any happenings at S that would make me smile and not be concerned at all. Meaning even behavior of Sandra the short time she was there. Three days a week with her grandsons.
I saw an old comment on the Bob Ward/ FB post that one girl was concerned but had said the police had knocked on all doors, looking for vid things like that and if they saw anything unusual.
The picture was painted by her daughter that the neighbors had called the police to get rid of reporters there..nice. We did need to hear and see more of what the neighbors actually DID say or see that day ourselves.
I'm also unable to see where I thought her son/law said he dropped Sandra off on the road in front of her house and didn't pull in the empty driveway when bringing her back from the garage with the boys. Does anyone remember how she was left off, in her driveway or in front of her house.

I can't find anything that says exactly what he did. Laina explained when she went to drop the kiss that Friday morning she pulled up in the driveway but told the kids to stay in the car. And that was with sandy as car in the driveway. I would say Tim drove into the driveway to drop Sandra off so he could back onto the street and just drive forward. I can't ever see someone going there, meaning Laina or Tim or family to not pull in the driveway to back out and then drive forward to leave. Otherwise trying to back out of that area is ridiculous esp with a truck which is what he has. I think it would have been odd to drop Sandra off in the street. Maybe as he backed out and then went to go forward the kids shouted good byes... That's how I took what was said. Anyone else have any idea???

*edited to add that SIL's mother has been living in Sandra's house alone for some time now.
I saw that. 'Looking for a place to live' or something and it's empty and they own it. Sandra's name was also on that deed along with her daughters. . Had said that the homeowners was going to cx as no one living in it. NEVER could I for a few reasons. The grandsons must go over there to see her, how awfully sad for them. All diff, not Grannie no matter what, the reminder of how she is gone and not there. I know they're young and perceptions are different but as they get older and the stories continue and no Grannie, I wonder.

I saw that. 'Looking for a place to live' or something and it's empty and they own it. Sandra's name was also on that deed along with her daughters. . Had said that the homeowners was going to cx as no one living in it. NEVER could I for a few reasons. The grandsons must go over there to see her, how awfully sad for them. All diff, not Grannie no matter what, the reminder of how she is gone and not there. I know they're young and perceptions are different but as they get older and the stories continue and no Grannie, I wonder.
Wouldn't it be great if we knew the results of the blood testing LE did. Keeping all that was found to themselves of course for their investigation. Been almost three years this coming August. Just more searches called for by daughter, so also must not be informed of too much either. Maybe someone WILL let out something that will help solve the whole case of who and why someday. Just ONE good bit of information might make it that LE can move ahead on this instead of 'missing person'.

I don't think we can say with any certainty that LE found any "blood spatter" at all. They've never indicated that they thought the house was a crime scene. And I can't understand how any quantity of blood related to an attack could have landed under a box spring and mattress. Neither were reported to be off the bed frame.

As someone mentioned earlier, it's important to keep in mind that everything Sandra had on when she was last seen is also reported to be missing. Clothing, shoes, handbag. We don't know if she made it back into the house after she's seen Cumberland Farms video. But if she did, the fact that these items are missing may indicate she didn't leave home much later. If she was killed or assaulted later in the evening as her daughter seems to believe, would she still have had those shoes on? Would the perp have known to take her purse from the house to raise questions about whether she made it home?

I believe she either never set foot in the house after she left for the mechanic's or she later voluntarily left with someone she knew, putting on the same shoes and grabbing the same bag.

Did you get the impression that that neighbor woman smiled as , 'oh please, I'm not concerned because Sandra had people coming and going or 'no surprise' there with her observed, short lifestyle?' Was it a woman about her age? All she said? She assumed a LOT that woman I'd say. So much we'd 'know of' if the neighbors shared more, but all anyone could see is any of the initial tv. interview bits. She was only there a few months, tho summer and outside more probably. Love to know if anyone actually did see Sandra get out of son/law's truck and the shouting goodbye etc. or heard with their open window, to see what happened next.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed
Back