MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 Aug 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good point @AzPistonsGirl! None that I’ve read, so far either. I do remember Laina saying she found something under the bed on the floor but wouldn’t elaborate in some of her interviews. Also, I didn’t see any sliding doors on the house. So where did the podcaster get this information? Hmm Jmo

JMO but I feel like it came directly from the family member who was promoting the podcast in the "search for Sandra" group. Which was LM as moderator. Because if she did not agree with some details, or had not provided them (and the slider part, for example, was very specifically worded, as was the info about the blood) then I don't think she would be touting it like "everybody give this a listen."

Couple of thoughts.

If the bed was very noticeably disturbed, there was a mixed blood sample under the bed and the closets were "rifled through" how is that both the initial investigators from the outset and the state police later didn't see the house as a crime scene? This does not add up for me.

Forensic results are "still pending" after over 2 years? I think it's more likely they were inconclusive.

I don't see a sliding rear door in any of the interior or exterior photos of the house, including the drone shot. The only two doors appear to be the front door and the side door, neither of which are sliding doors.

in the Kelsey Berreth case, police said that they initially did not find a crime scene in her apartment. Not believing this, her brother I think and mother went in and they spotted what look like blood in the bathroom when they looked very carefully and finally got police to come back and process it. As it turns out her boyfriend had brutally bludgeoned her to death in the apartment, and got his accomplice to thoroughly clean the apartment. Once they applied luminol they did see a few blood spatters but the accomplice did a really good job cleaning.

Personally, I have never believed that Sandra walked away voluntarily. In my opinion, the money is the motive - follow that and you will get your answers.

In my opinion, the money is the motive - follow that and you will get your answers.

I don't disagree with that.

But aside from the barely noticeable spray of blood allegedly found under a box spring and under a mattress, what specifically causes you to conclude Sandra was involuntarily removed from the house?

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

sandra_crispo.png

Sandra Crispo, 54, moved from Quincy, Massachusetts to Hanson, Massachusetts to be closer to her grandchildren. Three months later, she vanished. Sandra was last seen on Wednesday, August 7, 2019, after dropping her car off at the mechanic to be repaired. Security footage shows Sandra getting out of the car and going into Cumberland Farms to buy cigarettes. A few days later, her daughter went to drop the kids off at Sandra’s home, but no one was there. The back door was unlocked and her mother’s shoes and purse were gone. The lights were on and a watermelon was on the table, cut up, ready to be eaten. In 2020, the Hanson Police Department said they have no reason to believe any foul play is involved, but called in the Massachusetts State Police to assist. In August 2021, on the second anniversary of Sandra’s disappearance, Plymouth County District Attorney Timothy Cruz said in a statement that, “Massachusetts State Police assigned to the Plymouth County District Attorney’s Office have been actively working in conjunction with Hanson Police to locate Sandra Crispo.” He explained that the extensive efforts of investigators have included canvassing 16 area streets, reviewing video surveillance available from the area, performing more than 200 door-knock interviews, inquiring with the MBTA and rideshare services operating in the vicinity of Hanson, utilizing canines, the State Police Airwing, and underwater drones for searches of woods and swamp, and following up on any leads received. Sandra is described as 5’9” tall, with hazel eyes and brown hair. If anyone sees someone matching Sandra’s description or has any information on her whereabouts, they are urged to contact the Hanson Police Department at (781) 293-4625 or state police at 508-894-2600.

I don't disagree with that.

But aside from the barely noticeable spray of blood allegedly found under a box spring and under a mattress, what specifically causes you to conclude Sandra was involuntarily removed from the house?

To be clear, voluntary disappearance means to me that Sandra left of her own free will and is alive and well somewhere.

As to whether she was forcibly removed from her house vs leaving with someone she trusted who then had bad intentions, it could be either. But what leads me in believing she was taken from the house is the dog. As a dog person, I can't imagine Sandra would have planned to be gone for a long time without leaving food and water for her dog.

To be clear, voluntary disappearance means to me that Sandra left of her own free will and is alive and well somewhere.

I didn't say she voluntarily disappeared. I don't think that's very likely and I believe she's dead. I said I believe she left the house voluntarily. Totally different things.

Given the length of time of time the dog was alone without food or water, I can't read anything into how Sandra's daughter reported he behaved when she found him.

Problem is, the police have never agreed with this. They don't have evidence anything violent happened in the home and nearby neighbors heard no yelling or scuffling. The dog must have been hungry and very thirsty after nearly 2 days alone. While anything is possible in this case, it seems more likely that when Sandra last left her house, she left voluntarily, although probably not with the intent to go missing.
I believe you are correct about that. Dog was traumatized after being alone vs seeing something because the neighborhood is so closely woven neighbors would have heard SOMETHING

I’d like to know if the neighbors had heard ANYTHING while she had lived there....

Me too. It's possible they had. I only remember seeing one brief interview with a neighbor who said no one in the neighborhood had any fear that a bad guy was running around in the area.

This leads me to question why this would be. If this happened in my neighborhood to a nice, quiet middle aged woman I'd heard nothing from or about previously, I'd be worried. But this female neighbor was not.

Me too. It's possible they had. I only remember seeing one brief interview with a neighbor who said no one in the neighborhood had any fear that a bad guy was running around in the area.

This leads me to question why this would be. If this happened in my neighborhood to a nice, quiet middle aged woman I'd heard nothing from or about previously, I'd be worried. But this female neighbor was not.
So no one close to her house had a ring camera that captured anything. No one coming or going down that road.

Does the local police department patrol the area? Ride the streets every night on patrol?
Usually small town LE know the residents well and ride each street several times during their shift.
JMO

So no one close to her house had a ring camera that captured anything. No one coming or going down that road.

Does the local police department patrol the area? Ride the streets every night on patrol?
Usually small town LE know the residents well and ride each street several times during their shift.
JMO

LE said they asked neighbors about cameras right away.

This is not an area where police would be patrolling. Picture an older, fairly congested camp-type area near a lake. Not all of the streets are paved and it's off the beaten path. Sandra's street was a dead end and only one car could get down it at a time.

LE said they asked neighbors about cameras right away.

This is not an area where police would be patrolling. Picture an older, fairly congested camp-type area near a lake. Not all of the streets are paved and it's off the beaten path. Sandra's street was a dead end and only one car could get down it at a time.

Cuz it is sooo congested I believe if anything happened in that house or area someone would have noticed something or heard something. Even if the perpetrator came from the back or side of the dead end area I would think they needed a vehicle. Did they drug her then come back? With cell phones LE can track the footsteps of who last was known to drop her off unless they shut their phone off. That would make them suspect. But we don't know any of this. In the vanished podcast the moderator said Sandra called her cousin at 5:30 pm. The moderator said this twice (go back and listen). Sanders cousin skipped over that part but she heard it. Was it not suppose to be said due to LE request or what? Either way if Sandra did call her cousin either the cousin did not answer or they talked and Sandra said she rather stay home. We don't know but the moderator said that Sandra called the cousin at 5:30 pm two different times. If LE requested that not be said then why? Any ideas?

What do you mean? Loud phone conversations or fighting?
Vehicles. Regular hours like her daughter and SIL with the kids.
Odd hours. Raised voices.
Her car with a perhaps loud/defective muffler/exhaust system coming and going at odd times. Or never moving st all.

Did she walk around the neighborhood or just stay inside all the time? If she was into crafts, where did she buy her supplies? Locally?

Is this mainly for summer residents and not full time residents?

Her car with a perhaps loud/defective muffler/exhaust system coming and going at odd times. Or never moving st all.

Did she walk around the neighborhood or just stay inside all the time? If she was into crafts, where did she buy her supplies? Locally?

It's for full time residents but used to be cabins/cottages for summer residents and still has that vibe.

The only thing I read about the neighbors way back, was that one woman said her daughter was not interested in hearing what she had to say. Wonder if anyone else has ever read or heard what the neighbors themselvesssss said at the time or since.

The only thing I read about the neighbors way back, was that one woman said her daughter was not interested in hearing what she had to say. Wonder if anyone else has ever read or heard what the neighbors themselvesssss said at the time or since.

At one time neighbors were active in local FB groups and though some conversations were deleted or partially deleted, you could get an idea of why they thought they did not need to be concerned.

I re-listened to The Vanished podcast recently, and I'll add that there are a few things said about Sandra and her habits that, when taking into account other info about family relationships and dynamics that has been circulated, could suggest (IMO) that there is more to who Sandra was and the lifestyle she led.

A prominent example is when her SIL says Sandra was always in "tip-top shape" when getting ready to babysit her grandkids. I won't speculate on exactly what this could mean, but I do know that if I were talking about my MIL or aunt babysitting my kids, saying she was in "tip-top shape" would not be the first thing that comes to mind. I don't know, the choice of language is just interesting and a bit odd to me. If she was in "tip-top shape" when around her grandkids, I can't help but wonder what she was like and what "shape" she was in when the grandkids were not there, and what she did, and whether this could feed into the lack of concern on her neighbors' part.

Another example is when her cousin says she was "very sweet, not to make her sound like a saint..." I don't know why the last part was necessary there; saying someone was sweet doesn't canonize them, and it just feels like there's concern about painting a specific, almost rigid picture there, for better or for worse.

I've listened to other episodes of The Vanished, and they usually spend LOTS of time fleshing out who the missing person is as a person. I can't help but feel like Sandra's episode didn't go nearly as in-depth, and I couldn't help but notice that the same things were said about her every time as if for whatever reason it was important to the people involved to portray a very specific narrative... "Simple, private, homebody, kept to herself". This is used to describe her every single time. No quirks, no deviation beyond this description, which paints a picture of a woman who lived, by 21st century standards, a very reclusive life. Did she live like this 100% by choice?

There are other things about the podcast and what's said in it that just get to me, especially the parts where her "depression" is touched on, but I won't get into them here.

I just think there is far more to Sandra and her history than the public has been led to believe and that this could easily have a hand in why neighbors just aren't worried.

My opinion.

Last edited:
I re-listened to The Vanished podcast recently, and I'll add that there are a few things said about Sandra and her habits that, when taking into account other info about family relationships and dynamics that has been circulated, could suggest (IMO) that there is more to who Sandra was and the lifestyle she led.

A prominent example is when her SIL says Sandra was always in "tip-top shape" when getting ready to babysit her grandkids. I won't speculate on exactly what this could mean, but I do know that if I were talking about my MIL or aunt babysitting my kids, saying she was in "tip-top shape" would not be the first thing that comes to mind. I don't know, the choice of language is just interesting and a bit odd to me. If she was in "tip-top shape" when around her grandkids, I can't help but wonder what she was like and what "shape" she was in when the grandkids were not there, and what she did, and whether this could feed into the lack of concern on her neighbors' part.

Another example is when her cousin says she was "very sweet, not to make her sound like a saint..." I don't know why the last part was necessary there; saying someone was sweet doesn't canonize them, and it just feels like there's concern about painting a specific, almost rigid picture there, for better or for worse.

I've listened to other episodes of The Vanished, and they usually spend LOTS of time fleshing out who the missing person is as a person. I can't help but feel like Sandra's episode didn't go nearly as in-depth, and I couldn't help but notice that the same things were said about her every time as if for whatever reason it was important to the people involved to portray a very specific narrative... "Simple, private, homebody, kept to herself". This is used to describe her every single time. No quirks, no deviation beyond this description, which paints a picture of a woman who lived, by 21st century standards, a very reclusive life. Did she live like this 100% by choice?

There are other things about the podcast and what's said in it that just get to me, especially the parts where her "depression" is touched on, but I won't get into them here.

I just think there is far more to Sandra and her history than the public has been led to believe and that this could easily have a hand in why neighbors just aren't worried.

My opinion.
Exactly. Def displaying a specific narrative from the beginning. You are exactly right about all of this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back