MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a big difference between "popped into" and "a connection to." I think the police chief was asked by a reporter about the sightings in Fall River, which occurred in a park known for homeless encampments. The original person who called in this sighting was posting on a news social media site, where he was urged to call in the tip, and stated "I gave her (meaning the person he saw, now since ruled out as Sandra) money." So the context of the police chief's statement was, could she be with the homeless? Now we have to rule it out, just like we ruled out hospitals, etc.

I do think it's a little strange to believe someone capable, who has previously shown no inclination to a homeless lifestyle, to have just one day out of the blue decided to join in on that way of living. That is, barring any other mental health or addiction factors that might apply. For instance if my mother (also a grandmother) suddenly went missing, I can guarantee you she is not with the homeless population. However, no one has yet said or implied that Sandra had homeless friends, did social work among the homeless, or was suspected of having health issues that could lead to this so I'm thinking they checked into this specifically in relation to the provided tip.

As for the back door, one article reported that the back door was open. After reading this, the first image that came to my mind was a closed screen door with an interior back door cracked open a bit. But from the listing photos I don't see any screen doors. Was the back door actually open, or was it open in the sense that it was closed and unlocked? MOO

Snipped- It would be nice to know. I'd also like to know if Sandra was the type to lock her doors as soon as she entered the house, if she locked them before she went to bed, or if it wasn't out of the ordinary to leave a door unlocked all the time. Would she leave a door unlocked if she was leaving for a short period and coming right back?

I wonder if Sandra walked the dog on leash or if she just took the dog outside and the dog stayed in the yard?

Has anyone seen anywhere that Sandra was known to walk without her pup ? Power walk ? Don't know what traffic is in her area. There has been increase in hit and runs involving pedestrians. Chance she could have been HBC and taken somewhere by the driver ? Just trying to cover the bases here.
If she was a voluntary missing, would she just leave the dog and not access funds ? That doesn't seem to make sense MOO Think of her and her family often, wish we could put the pieces together !

Has anyone seen anywhere that Sandra was known to walk without her pup ? Power walk ? Don't know what traffic is in her area. There has been increase in hit and runs involving pedestrians. Chance she could have been HBC and taken somewhere by the driver ? Just trying to cover the bases here.
If she was a voluntary missing, would she just leave the dog and not access funds ? That doesn't seem to make sense MOO Think of her and her family often, wish we could put the pieces together !
bbm
IMO, it’s unlikely she went for a power walk. Who takes their purse on a power walk? wrt traffic, I live about 45 min from there. Many of the roads around here are narrow and winding, with very little room for pedestrians. Someone could easily get hit. But I am always skeptical of the theory that someone hit her, freaked out and moved the body. Seems to often come up in missing persons cases, but never seems to be the outcome.

I knew a co-worker who walked away from everything ...job, roommate , all her belongings .... even her cat. Just bolted.

Did you know if your co-worker had family, and how did they react to her disappearance? Did she ever turn back up? Though I understand that people may have their reasons to get away from everything, I think it would be a very selfish act to not let your family know what you've done and let them suffer wondering what happened to you. Sandra's family is heartbroken and she's been gone now for almost 100 days.

bbm
IMO, it’s unlikely she went for a power walk. Who takes their purse on a power walk? wrt traffic, I live about 45 min from there. Many of the roads around here are narrow and winding, with very little room for pedestrians. Someone could easily get hit. But I am always skeptical of the theory that someone hit her, freaked out and moved the body. Seems to often come up in missing persons cases, but never seems to be the outcome.

Back when I was a smoker, I always took my purse on a power walk. That way I could take my butts, lighter, water, and music. I don't think her neighborhood has much traffic. People fly down the main road the neighborhood attaches to, but it has a sidewalk. I also doubt she was hit.

This hasn't hit MSM yet, but volunteers are being asked to sign up on the Find Sandra Crispo website to join the family in a search this coming Sunday. The family has confirmed that they have been asked not to share any specifics of the open investigation by the Mass State Police at this time. I suppose that's part of the reason there's not been many updates lately.

Good find. Back to my racking my brain on this one. I'd be curious to know layout of the house. From those pictures, it looks like there is a room immediately to the left of the front door (I wonder if this is the same room as Photo #5/10, and if the windows in that room are street (or rather, lane) facing. Was this her bedroom? I wonder if she used blinds, or had the same sheer curtains as seen throughout the listing photos. And is that a circuit breaker box in the bedroom? Looks like some type of metal structure attached to the wall. Where are you Sandra? :(MOO

from picture #10, looks as if there is a basement... well, basement windows. What is down there? Furnace? piping? imagine LE searched the whole place but can't help wondering.

from picture #10, looks as if there is a basement... well, basement windows. What is down there? Furnace? piping? imagine LE searched the whole place but can't help wondering.

My house, which doesn't have a basement, has features which look identical to those. They're vents from the crawl space which isn't accessible from inside the house (there's access from a small hatch outside).

It's certainly worth looking in the crawl space if that's what it is!

Last edited:
Hope Family and LE went over the house well. I'd have probably gone too to bottom and bottom to top. Prayers for Sandra and her family and friends. Must be terribly frustrating not finding answers ! Hope this upcoming search helps them ! And hopefully sheds some light on this vanishing. Missing pieces here .. somewhere MOO

Hope Family and LE went over the house well. I'd have probably gone too to bottom and bottom to top. Prayers for Sandra and her family and friends. Must be terribly frustrating not finding answers ! Hope this upcoming search helps them ! And hopefully sheds some light on this vanishing. Missing pieces here .. somewhere MOO

hate to be gruesome, but if you assume the worst- abducted by a stranger, stole her purse, disposed of body- it is weird that there is: 1. no sign of any struggle 2. no report of the dog barking (even friendly dogs would usually bark when a stranger arrives) 3. no real mess in the home as if some one was looking for valuables, except the "moved bed boards" and 4. no use of her cards(?) or accounts.

does anyone remember what the weather was like the day(s) she went missing?

Followed this case back in August when I joined. Still figuring out the ropes and just learned how to find all the cases I’ve watched :p:rolleyes:

Couple of thoughts as I catch up;

I really don’t think it’s weird for her not to have a cell phone if she had a landline. If she truly never left the house she might feel it unnecessary to have both. The only person she ever planned on calling was her daughter and if she wasn’t home she was with her. But I am also comparing her to my parents (50 and 54). My dad never used a phone until he got one from work, but my mom uses it more than I do! So I totally agree it is weird but is it a crucial clue or an inconvenience in finding out what happened to Sandra?

I am more curious to the contents of the house than the state of it. Were any personal belongings missing? Wallet, house keys, shoes...

I’ve watched so many threads in my months time and so many have some answers now...the ones that don’t really bother me!

who helped SC move? because the house is small so if she had any valuables, they would probably know.

This case has captivated me. I think about it numerous times during the day. My main theory is someone breaking in overnight thinking no one was home when no vehicle was in the driveway. Then it got ugly from there. But to me the daughter seems to come off a little carefree. Watching her interviews I don't sense a lot of urgency. <modsnip: sleuthing social media of family>Everyone handles stress differently so maybe I'm offbase on reading her. I also don't get why they're keeping it a mystery as to what relative dropped Sandra off at home. Very strange.

with a small house, if the lights were on, you would know that some one was home and the dog would bark as you approached, IMO. unless the intruder came late in the dark, and the intruder left the lights on.

I think we may have as many different ideas of "walking distance"as we have about a woman this age not having a cell phone. IMO it is just as likely that she went for a walk that it is for her to have walked to the packaging store.

That said, do I think she walked anywhere? I have no idea. I want to let the facts talk rather than the theory, and we need more of the former, IMO.

how far can a person walk in "slip on" shoes? I guess some people spend all summer in flip flops, but not a great choice for distance, IMO.

hate to be gruesome, but if you assume the worst- abducted by a stranger, stole her purse, disposed of body- it is weird that there is: 1. no sign of any struggle 2. no report of the dog barking (even friendly dogs would usually bark when a stranger arrives) 3. no real mess in the home as if some one was looking for valuables, except the "moved bed boards" and 4. no use of her cards(?) or accounts.

does anyone remember what the weather was like the day(s) she went missing?

Just to play devil's advocate....in the later articles about the disappearance (the ones reporting that state police had taken over the investigation), the daughter says that she believes there was evidence inside the home that Sandra was taken and it's evidence that was overlooked the first time the house was searched. Clearly she has something specific in mind but we don't know what it is and she can't say because of the investigation. The lifted bed boards have been reported in MSM so is it that or something else? The state police do, in fact, take over the case instead of dismissing the "evidence." So, I'm not sure what kind of evidence of a struggle can also be easily overlooked, but there is something (about the state of the house? We just don't know) that led the daughter to believe that.

Secondly, about the dog. Maybe the dog barks constantly anyway (the daughter described the dog as "always jumping around," so maybe its excitable and a flurry of barking would not be thought strange by the neighbors). Alternatively, some dogs just aren't barkers and may be quiet in situations where others would be barking like crazy. Third possibility...maybe she left willingly with someone who she knows and the dog didn't bark much because he was familiar with the person. I don't think we can infer anything about a possible abduction by what's been said about the dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop