MA - Triple Death Investigation - Dover, Norfolk County - 28 December 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had to Google. Depends on a company, it seems. So these titles might mean a lot in one company and nothing in another. It is like, “VP at Fidelity” and in parenthesis (“but unlike ***, Fidelity has hundreds of VPs”).

I saw his salary estimate somewhere but I can’t find this link. Suffice it to say, lower than the average in Dover. With two similar salaries, it would have been OK for places like Newton or Marlborough. I checked current means in MA. But if the guesstimate is right, even when employed, he was living above the means.
VP's are very common in financial services companies IME. They are dished out to financial advisors once they reach a certain level of production. The paycheck would definitely be in the higher percentile nationally. But Teena didn't work? She did a lot of volunteer work, but the only income would be from the startup which I doubt did well.

And he'd already lost his Fidelity job, yes, when they bought the house?

VP's are very common in financial services companies IME. They are dished out to financial advisors once they reach a certain level of production. The paycheck would definitely be in the higher percentile nationally. But Teena didn't work? She did a lot of volunteer work, but the only income would be from the startup which I doubt did well.

And he'd already lost his Fidelity job, yes, when they bought the house?

Teena worked at Fidelity, per my understanding.

The startup would look like a tutor with a fancy package to me, tbh.

Teena worked at Fidelity, per my understanding.

The startup would look like a tutor with a fancy package to me, tbh.
The startup looked to me like a non-viable business idea. People with enough to pay for it, likely wouldn’t need it.

Here’s Teena:

Teena Kamal is the Chief Executive Officer of EduNova, where she works with top university faculty and business executives to produce resources that prepare students to lead and thrive in the global economy. Her 30+ years of experience in the education and technology industries spans building successful products and organizations at Aegis Software Corp, EMC Corporation, and Fidelity Investments. Prior to joining EduNova, she led the development of major consumer advice, guidance, and education products for large financial firms. She also pioneered and launched a breakthrough customer service technology that is currently being used by thousands of customer service representatives in a state-of-the-art call center. Teena has founded several start-ups and currently serves as a Board advisor to Zendigo Group, Inc. She consults with several reputed education institutes including Harvard University. She has three US patents pending. She graduated magna *advertiser censored* laude from Delhi University, India. She is also an alumnus of Harvard University.

LMAO look what the censor asterisked in the second to last line.

As I recall, Harvard had no record that she was ever a student. And she hadn’t attended MIT, which was also on her resume.

It looks like she left a regular job to start the education company.

I’m not intending to be argumentative, just to add to the reality that income was scarce. A directorship at the Red Cross would be well-paid, if verifiable, but I don’t recall she had advanced degrees, and that would hamper advancement in any kind of job she likely dreamed of attaining.

Later: Teena does seem to have been on the Board of Directors at a Regional Red Cross, but this might be a non paid volunteer thing.

Last edited:
Here the mortgage is also mentioned

Did he expect to inherit the money, or was he delusional? If you barely can scrape 5% and promise to pay off the rest in two years…

Here the mortgage is also mentioned

Did he expect to inherit the money, or was he delusional? If you barely can scrape 5% and promise to pay off the rest in two years…
I suppose he could have falsified his financial statements to qualify for the mortgage? There's so much murky in this case, because several key facts (e.g. degrees) have been mis-stated by the couple. They seem at bottom to be a "garden variety" couple with a daughter, nothing stellar, out of the ordinary, mid-range income, but they created this bizarre self-portrait. And it involved a large amount of money which they didn't have.

Middlebury's fees are something like $62k per year. That would be without sundries, books, car, tech, whatever....I sincerely doubt Arianna had financial aid. Middlebury doesn't have a lot of scholarship funding, but her family was also signaling they were wealthy and she had come from a super-wealthy school. I wonder how the college financial forms were filled out?

Also, Middlebury's bill for second semester would have been due about the time of the murder. IMO this might have been a huge factor: RK was going to fail his daughter dramatically.

I keep thinking there are more levels of malfeasance here, since I can't otherwise account for the degree to which reality is mismatched with the fantasy.

He might have had some investments (perhaps Fidelity options he couldn't cash in yet, but would be cash-able within 2 years?).

Side note: it's been a pleasure poring over these details with you, @Charlot123

I suppose he could have falsified his financial statements to qualify for the mortgage? There's so much murky in this case, because several key facts (e.g. degrees) have been mis-stated by the couple. They seem at bottom to be a "garden variety" couple with a daughter, nothing stellar, out of the ordinary, mid-range income, but they created this bizarre self-portrait. And it involved a large amount of money which they didn't have.

Middlebury's fees are something like $62k per year. That would be without sundries, books, car, tech, whatever....I sincerely doubt Arianna had financial aid. Middlebury doesn't have a lot of scholarship funding, but her family was also signaling they were wealthy and she had come from a super-wealthy school. I wonder how the college financial forms were filled out?

Also, Middlebury's bill for second semester would have been due about the time of the murder. IMO this might have been a huge factor: RK was going to fail his daughter dramatically.

I keep thinking there are more levels of malfeasance here, since I can't otherwise account for the degree to which reality is mismatched with the fantasy.

He might have had some investments (perhaps Fidelity options he couldn't cash in yet, but would be cash-able within 2 years?).

Side note: it's been a pleasure poring over these details with you, @Charlot123

What surprises is that his wife was visibly unaware of their situation, but perhaps, we simply don't know how the agreements between the two families were arranged when Teena and Rick got married. Theirs were two large, seemingly well-off families in India, so something no doubt was in place. Perhaps Teena simply assumed that the money would be there no matter what, however, something had changed in the meantime. The business of her relatives in India could have gone downhill, for example. MOO - there may be details that we shall never be privy too. I would not be surprised if there were some funds, dowries, something they thought they could rely on, and the young Kamals, indeed, were a mere garden variety couple, living an average life in MA until things, for some reason, started going downhill.

BTW - their life started deteriorating during the time of certain stability, pre-Covid, so there might be personal issues that no one can ever factor in. (I am thinking of regular factors. What common medicinal pathway aging men choose, for example? It might have been also a "garden-variety" decision, but certain people respond differently to medications that are safe for most. Another example, for an anxious introvert, mild antidepressants might be lifesavers. Ocxasionally, they might cause expansive mood and irrational decisions and none the wiser because it is not a one-day thing).

I personally believe that if there were circumstances that can explain a lot and be the learning factor for all of us, and instead of flaunting the cost of their unaffordable house, we all should be explained more about them. We humans tend to follow examples of our peers, but maybe we should be more aware of "all in moderation" rule. (Example: HRT that all my peers used, would have undoubtedly killed me were it not for my excellent, very reasonable PCP who talked me out of it, weighing in all pros and cons. I am using it as an example of what i am considering. It might have been something different.)

So, I would not be surprised if something started for the family a very innocuous way and ended up in a tragedy. We have such horrible numbers of suicides that everything has to be taken into account, but first of all, explained.

I feel horribly sorry for the Kamals, and for the Bedi family, and very much, for Arianna's friends and her boyfriend, one more victim of the situation. It must have involved and touched a lot of people. (I also noticed that articles from India are more rational and moderate.) I know that the families feel grief, and guilt, and maybe shame, but I hope that one day, they will be able to tell us what really happened to Rick and what we, some of us being the parents of younger adults, some, immigrants, some, simply in the same boat, unknowingly, should pay attention to when thinking of our lives/families/plans. I hope the families will have the kindness, and the courage, and the strength to teach us something. My hope lies in them, because newspapers are useless in this situation.

In conclusion, @RickshawFan, it was exceptionally pleasant to discuss the case with you, and I hope you, your beloved ones and your friends in MA have a great year!

Exactly my characterization. Interesting conversation we're having.

I hadn't heard the term ambiverts before. Interesting.

I worked for a very large computer company in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. (Fidelity now owns many of the computer company's buildings now, btw). Our company was very heavily involved with Myers Briggs and many of us in HR had to heavily invest in the testing and training of their tools. "Ambiverts" were highly appreciated in the exploding high tech industries in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. I really encourage you to read up on some of those breakdowns in the Myers Briggs terminology. Great fun.

I worked for a very large computer company in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. (Fidelity now owns many of the computer company's buildings now, btw). Our company was very heavily involved with Myers Briggs and many of us in HR had to heavily invest in the testing and training of their tools. "Ambiverts" were highly appreciated in the exploding high tech industries in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. I really encourage you to read up on some of those breakdowns in the Myers Briggs terminology. Great fun.
Yes, I was totally in that mix. Tech and M-B tested, in early days. The test was a 2-day event, nothing like the quickies these days.

A Massachusetts man added his brother to his wife's life insurance policy just days before he killed her and their teen daughter in a murder-suicide.

[...]

Four days before the killings, the Genwroth insurance company in Virginia received a fax with Teena's signature that requested a change in the beneficiaries of her $1.25 million life insurance policy, as reported by the Boston Globe.

Teena's policy had originally listed her husband as the primary beneficiary, and the backup beneficiary was their daughter.

But the fax asked that Rick and Arianna be made the primary beneficiaries, and Rick's brother Manoj Kamal would be the contingent.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurlyClue
Back