MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so if we have the location correct...down a cart path about 100 yards off of Brooks Station Road, going north away from her mothers house by about a half mile and on the right hand side....then that brings up the question....how did she get there?

Did he pick her up somewhere else and drive her down there?

Was he pulled over there to perhaps go fishing somewhere in the woods?
Was his car already hidden out of sight? Or did he drive the car down after he grabbed her?
So many possibilities.

Ok I'm sitting in a kitchen in Princeton looking at a thermometer but believe at app. And be right if you must.

:) I'm going with your local observations!
Just thought I'd pass that link along.

Nancy Grace drives me nutso too! She tries to sensationalize everything. I remember she did a thing on the Princeton dentist who likely shoved his wife out the window, and the way she talked about Princeton then was so annoying! She described his house as a mansion on a street with all these mansions....granted there are a bunch of big old houses on 31, but they aren't mansions. She just played up the whole thing to make it sound more juicy.

I would call them mansions, personally...small ones, but mansions nevertheless.

I never have liked Princeton much. It's...aloof. I bet you could live there for 20 years and not meet the neighbors on either side of you.

Just thinking out loud.....

Say it was someone she knew, like a peer or something. And say that they wanted to talk to her before she left for NYC. Maybe it was someone she didn't so much hide from her parents but just didn't really feel like explaining. So she agreed to meet this person to "talk". So she just used her normal run time as her excuse to get out of the house to meet up with this person because she knew it wouldn't raise any flags as it was something she normally did.

As I mentioned earlier lots of local kids grow up knowing where these little off shoots into the woods are, because they are the same places to go "party in the woods" or take a girl to make out, or to go smoke weed. (Not saying Vanessa was doing any of those things). But it could be a place someone could have taken her to "talk".

Or perhaps they "talked" elsewhere like in the parking lot of the Mnt barn.

Either way it could explain why she might have willingly gotten into a car and perhaps been driven the 100 ft into the woods.
If they were talking there and things got heated maybe he straggled here and then left the body there and tried to cover his tracks.

I would call them mansions, personally...small ones, but mansions nevertheless.

I never have liked Princeton much. It's...aloof. I bet you could live there for 20 years and not meet the neighbors on either side of you.

Of the five towns it's actually my favorite. And even though the houses are spread apart pretty much everyone knows there neighbors.

ThinkHard, I agree. With how rural this area is, it's not uncommon for someone to have extra in the bed of their truck. Lots of houses/farms etc would have stored gasoline in this area. I'm convinced that it's a local (as terrible a thought as that is), who has committed other smaller crimes, has potentially even been booked on rape charges before. Is anyone here familiar with organized and disorganized killers? This sounds like a textbook disorganized killer, as many jogger nabbed and murdered cases are. Disorganized killers don't usually stray far from home/work. Think Scott Deojay and the Woodstock, CT murder in 2005.

I live in a small New England town... don't know of many people here who drive around with gasoline in their vehicles though? I feel strongly that this is someone who knew Vanessa... an ex? family member with a grudge? Hate even thinking someone would do this. I hope she died quickly.

I live in a small New England town... don't know of many people here who drive around with gasoline in their vehicles though? I feel strongly that this is someone who knew Vanessa... an ex? family member with a grudge? Hate even thinking someone would do this. I hope she died quickly.
There are small town where this would be common and small towns where it would be less common. For Rutland though which boarders Princeton it would definetly be common. It's considered the most hickish of the five towns.

It's interesting then that the pastor and one of the neighbors both mentioned that they didn't know the Marcottes? Is that significant?

She didn't grow up in that town. Her mother is living with an aunt and uncle of Vanessa.

She didn't grow up in that town. Her mother is living with an aunt and uncle of Vanessa.

I know, but it was the aunt he said he didn't know. They're supposed to have lived there for years. Let me see if I can find the quote.

I know, but it was the aunt he said he didn't know. They're supposed to have lived there for years. Let me see if I can find the quote.

There was a neighbor across the street that talked about Vanessa's visits.

The thing is when they say "neighbor" they could mean someone three houses down on the same street....yet that house is 2 miles down the road, so their not exactly "neighbors".

If you have house close to you, you'll know the people if you can see their houses. But if you can't see their house from your property you probably won't get to know them, unless you have other reasons to cross paths...like children in school or community events.

There was a neighbor across the street that talked about Vanessa's visits.

The thing is when they say "neighbor" they could mean someone three houses down on the same street....yet that house is 2 miles down the road, so their not exactly "neighbors".

If you have house close to you, you'll know the people if you can see their houses. But if you can't see their house from your property you probably won't get to know them, unless you have other reasons to cross paths...like children in school or community events.

I have grown somewhat used to New England standoffishness in the almost 40 years I've lived here, but occasionally something like this reminds me how deep it goes. Where I grew up in Montana, it was unusual to not know everybody in a ten-mile radius or more. People like my mother even knew all the people in the trailer park where the itinerant construction workers lived. Which is not to say that she socialized with them, but if she met them at the store, she recognized the face and knew the name.

I have grown somewhat used to New England standoffishness in the almost 40 years I've lived here, but occasionally something like this reminds me how deep it goes. Where I grew up in Montana, it was unusual to not know everybody in a ten-mile radius or more. People like my mother even knew all the people in the trailer park where the itinerant construction workers lived. Which is not to say that she socialized with them, but if she met them at the store, she recognized the face and knew the name.

People aren't stand off-ish. They are just busy. Most people who live in one of these 5 towns have two working parents that commute as far as Boston to work, so have long days. Then on weekends they are shuffling kids around to activities etc. people are friendly and talk to each other and great each other...and get to know better the people they cross paths with more frequently. It's not that people are aloof or dont care about their neighbors, life just gets busy.

On that note though, what if it was her aunt and uncle that were the type of people who kept to themselves and were aloof. I'm certainly not trying to point the finger at an innocent person but it is more common that crimes happen to people by known perps. The uncle is always a possibility simply for the fact he's related to her, would have known the area, would have known her schedule, and would have had her trust. Granted we don't know anything about him, but it is an angle to consider if we're covering all bases.

Hmm one last thought....could her mom have been dating anyone local? Perhaps someone Vanessa didn't approve of?

It's interesting then that the pastor and one of the neighbors both mentioned that they didn't know the Marcottes? Is that significant?

Its also possible they are asking people if they know the 'Marcottes' when the aunt and uncle have a different last name

People aren't stand off-ish. They are just busy. Most people who live in one of these 5 towns have two working parents that commute as far as Boston to work, so have long days. Then on weekends they are shuffling kids around to activities etc. people are friendly and talk to each other and great each other...and get to know better the people they cross paths with more frequently. It's not that people are aloof or dont care about their neighbors, life just gets busy.

Would it work better if I said reserved instead of aloof? All I'm trying to get at is that it makes me wonder whether there were things going on that nobody noticed because they just don't look outside their circle. Like if she was seeing someone local--just a made up example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member