MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think the media released info LE didn't want them to. The local stations aren't all on the same page, it seems. Only one local station (WCVB) reported that they had a source tell them about the POI and DNA submission. No other confirmation of this from other stations. A reporter from a completely different station (WBZ) apparently said something brief about there being no DNA match (I didn't hear this, but another poster did). There are virtually no other articles about this whole thing from any station other than WCVB, and it is still the top story from WCVB that DNA from a POI is being tested. No report from them about results, but if another station reported the results this morning, you'd think they'd update their top story by now. That's a long time to go, especially with such a big story and one that people are so anxious to have solved.

Sorry if this was hard to follow, just wondering why the differing reports, lack of info from other stations, and what the reasons or motives behind this reporting could be.

I would like to know why police choose not to release info concerning Vanessa's:

1. Cause of death

2. And whether Vanessa was raped or not

3. And whether the DNA from Vanessa's killer and DNA from Karina Vetrano's killer is a match or not
(since police yesterday announced in media that they had a POI in Vanessa's murder and they were
testing his DNA, they indirectly confirm they have Vanessa's killers DNA)

Because I believe that they do have those answers by now.

Cheryl Fiandaca is a reporter from WABC in Boston but strangely there are no other reports to substantiate this other than daily mail which I wouldn't hang my hat on for authenticity.

http://whdh.com/news/cheryl-fiandaca/

Cheryl Fiandaca is a reporter from WABC in Boston but strangely there are no other reports to substantiate this other than daily mail which I wouldn't hang my hat on for authenticity.

http://whdh.com/news/cheryl-fiandaca/

Sorry for the double post--my computer is going crazy!

I don't se anything from channel 7 about the POI. Did they report it?

I would like to know why police choose not to release info concerning Vanessa's:

1. Cause of death

3. And whether the DNA from Vanessa's killer and DNA from Karina Vetrano's killer is a match or not
(since police yesterday announced in media that they had a POI in Vanessa's murder and they were

I'm betting we'll be getting more info on the case after VM' funeral. That's often the case, due to respect for the loved ones.

1. Cause of death

I'm very curious as well. They haven't provided much information.

I don't se anything from channel 7 about the POI. Did they report it?

The only report was from the reporters twitter and then picked up elsewhere. Posting her tweet again.

[video=twitter;762753161157349378]https://twitter.com/CherylFiandaca/status/762753161157349378[/video]

Been lurking for a few days and finally got approval to join today. I love the sharing of information and hunches. I was born and raised in Princeton and lived there for over thirty years. Any local knowledge that I can share I would be happy to do so.

Perhaps so, but as of right now, I don't know of any case that fits a jogger being targeted based on her SM. If anyone does know, please do share.

I like Occam's Razor for a good reason. And also, "when you hear hooves, think horses, not zebras."

I think Occam's Razor would suggest that one killer in both crimes is a more simple explanation than multiple killers in two crimes. "Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily."

Sometimes when these rape and murders happen ....it is a teen age neighbor or someone that lives very close. I wonder if her mom has neighbors that might have teenage sons. Someone on her moms street could have watched her run ....and developed a fasination . The way the body was burnt..sound like someone just pouring something over her body ...lighting a match and running away. And a young male neighbor would know the area. I see the houses are far apart..but they still have neighbors around the area.

I've been a frequent lurker here since the posters here report on the news way faster than any specific news outlets. I generally come when I see a story that really affects me, as this one did. Poor girl was merely out for a jog and faced a horrible, horrible situation without anyone to help her.

Even with the limited information released from LE at this point, I fear this case won't be solved anytime soon, if ever. All indications so far is that the person who did this set out with the intention to get away with it. And I was thinking this before the report today saying the killer struggled to strangle her and didn't know how to set the fires, which were likely set to hide the DNA evidence.

He had probably been staking out this area for a while and at a very minimum did some planning. There are many advantages to random assault/murder in a rural area; notably no one to hear you, no video cameras, sparse traffic, etc. How he lured/captured her is unclear, but either way most males wouldn't have found this challenging since this is what they were prepared to do. He did his thing and got out of there. There are no cameras, and since no one saw anything, he gets away with it. Seems like he even knew to turn off her phone. Probably kept the clothes either as a trophy or to hide DNA evidence. Even if he has ties, he can just lay low for a couple days and everything will be back to normal. Perhaps he was inspired by the murder of KV.

I was afraid that would be the case as soon as I heard about it, and now with the lack of any real developments after a week, I fear this will be the situation. The perp is wearing long sleeves now or staying in. I can't imagine what horror the family is experiencing right now, with the knowledge she was murdered shortly after leaving for an innocent jog in a safe area, and with her only being 1/2 mile away from home when she needed help.

Just thinking back to Hannah Graham, court docs showed that the JM's friends commented to him that he looked like the sketch. And he even reacted awkwardly to that. But no one believes their friends can do such things. Naturally, none of them called to report the resemblance, since it was 'obviously a coincidence'. Fortunately, it didn't matter due to the numerous witnesses and video surveillance. But here, every tip is needed.

I hope I'm wrong. I fear this guy will be back, probably in a couple months or more, and probably even more effective learning from his few mistakes this time.

Been lurking for a few days and finally got approval to join today. I love the sharing of information and hunches. I was born and raised in Princeton and lived there for over thirty years. Any local knowledge that I can share I would be happy to do so.

:welcome:

I've been a frequent lurker here since the posters here report on the news way faster than any specific news outlets. I generally come when I see a story that really affects me, as this one did. Poor girl was merely out for a jog and faced a horrible, horrible situation without anyone to help her.

Even with the limited information released from LE at this point, I fear this case won't be solved anytime soon, if ever. All indications so far is that the person who did this set out with the intention to get away with it. And I was thinking this before the report today saying the killer struggled to strangle her and didn't know how to set the fires, which were likely set to hide the DNA evidence.

He had probably been staking out this area for a while and at a very minimum did some planning. There are many advantages to random assault/murder in a rural area; notably no one to hear you, no video cameras, sparse traffic, etc. How he lured/captured her is unclear, but either way most males wouldn't have found this challenging since this is what they were prepared to do. He did his thing and got out of there. There are no cameras, and since no one saw anything, he gets away with it. Seems like he even knew to turn off her phone. Probably kept the clothes either as a trophy or to hide DNA evidence. Even if he has ties, he can just lay low for a couple days and everything will be back to normal. Perhaps he was inspired by the murder of KV.

I was afraid that would be the case as soon as I heard about it, and now with the lack of any real developments after a week, I fear this will be the situation. The perp is wearing long sleeves now or staying in. I can't imagine what horror the family is experiencing right now, with the knowledge she was murdered shortly after leaving for an innocent jog in a safe area, and with her only being 1/2 mile away from home when she needed help.

Just thinking back to Hannah Graham, court docs showed that the JM's friends commented to him that he looked like the sketch. And he even reacted awkwardly to that. But no one believes their friends can do such things. Naturally, none of them called to report the resemblance, since it was 'obviously a coincidence'. Fortunately, it didn't matter due to the numerous witnesses and video surveillance. But here, every tip is needed.

I hope I'm wrong. I fear this guy will be back, probably in a couple months or more, and probably even more effective learning from his few mistakes this time.

:welcome:

First time poster. Just a weird hunch but after searching on instagram for who checked in from Princeton on Sunday I came across someone who kind of fits the profile. He rides dirtbikes so he familiar with the wooded area, and he grew up in Leominster. Also had some strange pictires of him burning things on his profile. Also did a further google search and found maybe one of his relatives was arrested back in the day for trying to lure women. It's a super super long shot, but I just had to share it with someone. Props to Mass PD for responding so quickly to the situation.

It's not up to police to release a victim's COD. That's up to the M.E. in consultation with the DA and police. The M.E. determines COD and writes a report. At some point that report will get filed (it can take up to 90 days, depending, and yes, sometimes much less) and the media can see a copy of the report unless it is being sealed for some reason.

First time poster. Just a weird hunch but after searching on instagram for who checked in from Princeton on Sunday I came across someone who kind of fits the profile. He rides dirtbikes so he familiar with the wooded area, and he grew up in Leominster. Also had some strange pictires of him burning things on his profile. Also did a further google search and found maybe one of his relatives was arrested back in the day for trying to lure women. It's a super super long shot, but I just had to share it with someone. Props to Mass PD for responding so quickly to the situation.

Did you submit the tip yet? Sounds like a pretty decent suggestion.

Cheers and welcome to you and the other new user.

I really agree with this too. Long shot, but that sounds more promising than the nothing it seems they're running with right now.

What is appropriate for the tip line? If he hasn't already, I wondered if the perp would drive by the road either as part of his normal routine/see whats going on at the site/etc and I was thinking cameras set up on the road in both directions might reveal something interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member