MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ThinkHard, I agree. With how rural this area is, it's not uncommon for someone to have extra in the bed of their truck. Lots of houses/farms etc would have stored gasoline in this area. I'm convinced that it's a local (as terrible a thought as that is), who has committed other smaller crimes, has potentially even been booked on rape charges before. Is anyone here familiar with organized and disorganized killers? This sounds like a textbook disorganized killer, as many jogger nabbed and murdered cases are. Disorganized killers don't usually stray far from home/work. Think Scott Deojay and the Woodstock, CT murder in 2005.

Warning - graphic speculation.

What if the perp set a fire on the ground and shoved her into it - that would account for burns on the feet. He then sprayed accelerant on her face, which she instinctively covered with her hands, which would explain those burns. Perhaps that was enough torture to satisfy him (or he feared detection) and he left it at that.

I HATE this thought because I want to hold on to hope that the burns occurred after death.

I rather suspect at least some of them were from before [emoji22]

Channel 5 or 7 news chopper just blew past my back yard heading inbound. Maybe they'll have some new video on the midday news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with these points. Still can't figure out why the perp chose to burn only those parts.

I know that's why I worry she was alive maybe? If she was standing and blocked her face?

But it could also be someone that just watched a read a lot up crime and then looked at what they had on them.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cart path.PNG
    cart path.PNG
    94.6 KB · Views: 192
Trying to think of other sources of things that could burn.

Landscapers carry gas in cans for their mowers and blowers.

Plumbers and sheet metal workers carry acetylene torches, usually portable. Also chefs sometimes.

Anybody with a lawn tractor or snowblower probably has gas around.

Plumbers and sheet metal workers carry acetylene torches, usually portable. Also chefs sometimes.

Or people who snow mobile in the winter and go 4 wheeling in the summer and know all the woods trails in the area.

To add my speculation:

If he had gasoline, I feel like it would have become a massive brushfire. (Things are so dry around here.)

All I can imagine is somebody with maybe nothing more than a lighter, building a fire with brush and leaves below the body. He lights it, and heads out quickly, since his smokey fire will attract attention and he's 100 yards off the road. His fire doesn't do much more than burn the extremities of the body, because I can only imagine it's not that easy and he was in a hurry.

I don't understand why he'd take the clothes and phone, when he's lighting a fire though.

Maybe the body wasn't burned at all -- all the news quotes on that cite "a source close to the investigation" but I don't think the police have publicly confirmed that the body was burned in any way.

Slightly OT, but I'm thinking of those officers today still searching. The woods there are dense, buggy and it's over 90 degrees today. I know it's there job but this is physically and psychologically a very taxing case.

To add my speculation:

If he had gasoline, I feel like it would have become a massive brushfire. (Things are so dry around here.)

All I can imagine is somebody with maybe nothing more than a lighter, building a fire with brush and leaves below the body. He lights it, and heads out quickly, since his smokey fire will attract attention and he's 100 yards off the road. His fire doesn't do much more than burn the extremities of the body, because I can only imagine it's not that easy and he was in a hurry.

I don't understand why he'd take the clothes and phone, when he's lighting a fire though.

Maybe the body wasn't burned at all -- all the news quotes on that cite "a source close to the investigation" but I don't think the police have publicly confirmed that the body was burned in any way.

A couple things....if you look at the police log you will see the Princeton FD was called to assist the police at on Brooks Station Rd at 11 something Sunday night. Which would have been a few hours after she was found there.

Regarding some of the fire stuff, it takes skill and effort and time to build a fire, you need to collect bramble then twigs then larger sticks and you need to build it in a way to keep in heat and stay lit long enough to catch the larger pieces. It's doesn't seem likely he would take the time to do that.

Also while it has been dry, the woods are still really green this time of year and i can see how after the accelerant burnt out the fire might not have enough to keep burning....even though it's been dry over all here.

There is another possibility though, if he had general tools on him, he could have had a blow torch? It could explain no excelerant and precise burning.

To me the burning is confusing but could point to a couple things. Burning of the parts that essentially define her "uniqueness" seems like it's either like a matter of "cover up" or it feels "personal" like they were trying to erase her.

Slightly OT, but I'm thinking of those officers today still searching. The woods there are dense, buggy and it's over 90 degrees today. I know it's there job but this is physically and psychologically a very taxing case.

Praying for family, friends, and the blue lives.:tears::praying::heartbeat:

It's more like mid 80's in Princeton today but it is buggy out there. At least in the woods it tends to be a tad cooler cause you have greet coverage.

It's more like mid 80's in Princeton today but it is buggy out there. At least in the woods it tends to be a tad cooler cause you have greet coverage.

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/42.45,-71.88

as of 11:45 am EDT
85°
Partly Cloudy
feels like 90°
H 89° / L 72°
UV Index 6 of 10

Wind SW 8 mph
Humidity 58%
Dew Point 69°
Pressure 30.08 in
Visibility 10.0 mi

Vanessa's case was covered on NG on 8/9
Link to transcript:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1608/09/ng.01.html

Nancy Grace infuriates me. I know what we are doing here is speculation, but she has a much wider platform and she is downright dangerous with some of the crap she comes up with. She always has her own narrative and manipulates information to fit it. I do not want her manipulating information about this case. Vanessa deserves better.
Also, it does not require a lot of planning to do what happened. As discussed earlier in this thread, plenty of people in the area would have easy access to an accelerant like gasoline. Fire can also be used to destroy evidence. #endrant #nancygraceistheworst

Nancy Grace infuriates me. I know what we are doing here is speculation, but she has a much wider platform and she is downright dangerous with some of the crap she comes up with. She always has her own narrative and manipulates information to fit it. I do not want her manipulating information about this case. Vanessa deserves better.
Also, it does not require a lot of planning to do what happened. As discussed earlier in this thread, plenty of people in the area would have easy access to an accelerant like gasoline. Fire can also be used to destroy evidence. #endrant #nancygraceistheworst

Nancy Grace drives me nutso too! She tries to sensationalize everything. I remember she did a thing on the Princeton dentist who likely shoved his wife out the window, and the way she talked about Princeton then was so annoying! She described his house as a mansion on a street with all these mansions....granted there are a bunch of big old houses on 31, but they aren't mansions. She just played up the whole thing to make it sound more juicy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003