MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but can it confirm what the person was assaulted with? By that I mean if they were "rapped" with an object rather then a penis, they could see bruising and tearing to confirm assault, but would they have info in a rape kit to confirm male?
Rape kits vary from state to state but often are equipped with a 'semen presence test strip', which would confirm a male perpetrator.

Rape kits vary from state to state but often are equipped with a 'semen presence test strip', which would confirm a male perpetrator.

I always wondered what a rape it even is. I'm off to google now....but already learned something by your post. Thanks.

Was anyone able to determine the location of the spot where Vanessa was found? And are there any good links for the exact location? Maps?
I went back and tried to make a list of facts in this case and they are few.
I wonder if they have tire impressions from the location, I have wondered if that trail she was found on leads somewhere specific.
LE specifically asks for tips on vehicles. I had thought it could even be a young man on a bicycle. But ... not sure if that would work with the request for info.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2016/08/12/princeton/2I5dRuuAcBZ2GEzQ9AUUfL/story.html
Procopio also asked members of the public to call the hotline — 508-453-7589 — to report any vehicles they may have seen moving or parked on Brooks Station Road in Princeton between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday.

jmo

I don't know all the exact time-lines of events especially around when she was first reported missing, but IIRC- the time line of 1-3pm is the time of assault/murder. At first LE stated 1-4 but in yesterday's presser 1-3 was offered to the public.

My observation was more in response to earlier posts asking why cops responding to the 1:45 motorcycle accident didn't connect it to the murder. My observation was that when they responded to the accident, they weren't yet aware that VM was missing, let alone deceased.

I just watched the 6 pm local (Boston) news and there's nothing new.

Was anyone able to determine the location of the spot where Vanessa was found? And are there any good links for the exact location? Maps?
I went back and tried to make a list of facts in this case and they are few.
I wonder if they have tire impressions from the location, I have wondered if that trail she was found on leads somewhere specific.
LE specifically asks for tips on vehicles. I had thought it could even be a young man on a bicycle. But ... not sure if that would work with the request for info.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2016/08/12/princeton/2I5dRuuAcBZ2GEzQ9AUUfL/story.html

jmo
I don't know if the exact location of Vanessa's body has been revealed but some sleuthers have come up with an approximate location based on news footage of the scene and comparison with satellite/street view images...these ideas were posted a few pages back. I'm not sure anyone has completed a case map yet but I can prepare one if we can compile a list of last sighting etc.

That would be helpful as a reference tool! Thank you~ I just have ZERO map making ability.
I went back and started reading over again at page one of the thread but figured it might just be quicker to ask, while I do remember some conversation regarding the found location.
We really have very little factual details to work with.

jmo

This is awesome. The LE already have a POI.

Fingers crossed! I wonder if they received a good tip after yesterday's press conference - with the request to be on the look out for someone with injuries?!

I hope this is it.

Fingers crossed! I wonder if they received a good tip after yesterday's press conference - with the request to be on the look out for someone with injuries?!

I hope this is it.
Definitely. This guys going to have some recent injuries. IMO, perp is going to be a son of a wealthy homeowner in the area.

Definitely. This guys going to have some recent injuries. IMO, perp is going to be a son of a wealthy homeowner in the area.

Interesting thought about the perp. I've been all over the place with my theories - but figured he was local.

We shall soon see, I hope.

This is the area it's believed she was found in... About 100 yards off the road, on the right side, heading north.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

How long do you anticipate it taking? I'll be on edge until then!

I grew up in Worcester (my teens and college years). My brother raced for the Mt. Wachusett ski team. I can't tell you how shocked I am that this kind of crime happened in a place I always felt safe. My friends and I used to go the mountain hiking in the summer/fall to escape from the "city." The entire area is so peaceful, remote and beautiful compared to living in the city. I visited last fall with my young niece and nephew to hike and attend a fall festival. The visit brought back wonderful memories from my youth. :)

Of course, now that I live in the northernmost part of the Green Mountains of Vermont, Mt. Wachusett and that area seem crowded and definitely not remote. But for a highly populated state, Mt. Wachusett provides a wonderful respite. Perhaps that can help explain why the "locals" and the visitors within an hour's drive describe the mountain/ski area with what seem like such different terms. In truth, they are all describing a lovely area that attracts people for good reason.

Interesting thought about the perp. I've been all over the place with my theories - but figured he was local.

We shall soon see, I hope.
I have always assumed he was local as well. It's hard to stomach when you love the area so much :(

I don't feel like posting it here, but the funeral notice is online.

I grew up in Worcester (my teens and college years). My brother raced for the Mt. Wachusett ski team. I can't tell you how shocked I am that this kind of crime happened in a place I always felt safe. My friends and I used to go the mountain hiking in the summer/fall to escape from the "city." The entire area is so peaceful, remote and beautiful compared to living in the city. I visited last fall with my young niece and nephew to hike and attend a fall festival. The visit brought back wonderful memories from my youth. :)

Of course, now that I live in the northernmost part of the Green Mountains of Vermont, Mt. Wachusett and that area seem crowded and definitely not remote. But for a highly populated state, Mt. Wachusett provides a wonderful respite. Perhaps that can help explain why the "locals" and the visitors within an hour's drive describe the mountain/ski area with what seem like such different terms. In truth, they are all describing a lovely area that attracts people for good reason.
OT But it is always cool to see another Vermonter on here! There's not many of us!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member