MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my theory: Yes, This would be why... My thought as VM worked in NY and for these reasons...

- The archetype of the gym guy are commonly narcissist, sociopaths and possibly even psychopaths..
- If these two murders are related, your going to need someone strong enough to take on two fit, one possibly extremely fit women. One had her teeth bashed in and both were possibly strangled (at least one so far) which all requires a good amount of strength. If you notice male joggers are *not* usually beefy but normally much more lanky and lean albeit there are always exceptions. Again if you look at the Chelsea King case where she was murdered jogging, her killer was a pretty beefy guy as well.

In NY, do you guys have a touristy place like a venice beach area in New York? Obviously its not going to be large but maybe y'all can think of some spot that would match this idea in NY or MA even. Where perhaps both girls went to and maybe a favorite spot for our perp?

Here's where that theory kind of falls apart though. KV was from Queens, I can almost guarantee VM didn't live in queens. People usually go to gyms near where they live or work, and as far as we know there wasn't any overlap in places these two girls lived or worked. I know it's all NYC but NYC is HUGE and people don't just stick to their borough, they stick pretty closely to their neighborhood. Even living downtown in Chelsea say, and thinking of traveling to the upper west or worst cause you have to cross town east side would seem like a long distance.

So the thought that the two girls attended the same gym or even hung out at the same places is pretty slim. At least in my opinion. (For what it's worth I lived in NYC in a couple places, all Manhattan but one happened to be Chelsea which is where Google offices are.

Here's where that theory kind of falls apart though. KV was from Queens, I can almost guarantee VM didn't live in queens. People usually go to gyms near where they live or work, and as far as we know there wasn't any overlap in places these two girls lived or worked. I know it's all NYC but NYC is HUGE and people don't just stick to their borough, they stick pretty closely to their neighborhood. Even living downtown in Chelsea say, and thinking of traveling to the upper west or worst cause you have to cross town east side would seem like a long distance.

So the thought that the two girls attended the same gym or even hung out at the same places is pretty slim. At least in my opinion. (For what it's worth I lived in NYC in a couple places, all Manhattan but one happened to be Chelsea which is where Google offices are.

Which is why I specifically asked you for touristy places like venice beach where people will venture to hang out, work out on the beach, put on wet suits and swim sort of thing... Not everyone finds comfort sitting at home like we do. Have you not heard or seen pictures of Venice beach? Tempura, you seem pretty useful, know of any touristy spots in NY where you can sit on the beach, work out, maybe jet ski or something?

Which is why I specifically asked you for touristy places like venice beach where people will venture to hang out, work out on the beach, put on wet suits and swim sort of thing... Not everyone finds comfort sitting at home like we do. Have you not heard or seen pictures of Venice beach? Tempura, you seem pretty useful, know of any touristy spots in NY where you can sit on the beach, work out, maybe jet ski or something?

I really only know the MA/NH area closely. But I do know that the photo from VMs Instagram of her in a wetsuit was taken close to Howard Beach where Karina was from.

That's what I was trying to explain. There aren't really any spots like that in NY where everyone in all the Burroughs goes to hang out. People in NY usually stick to there neighborhoods for the most part. It's much more spead out then you might imagine and most people don't have cars. Public transportion is good, but people travel for work and stick near their homes for play.

Still not seeing any updates about DNA results... I'm still hanging onto hope.

I live in NY and people do travel from the city to go to beachs so her going to rockaway wouldn't be out of the ordinary. However if she lived in Chelsea, which I'm 99% sure of, then Chelsea piers has a sports center (gym) and that's a route she ran as well as The Highline (walking/running route)

The thing is, while its obviously not impossible to follow her from NY it does require more planning which would point to someone who is more sophisticated and perhaps has done this before.....however with the way the body was found, it doesn't really feel sophisticated at all, it feels amature to me. And I guess I don't see someone who would plan to follow her from NYC, leaving her body kind of out in the open and not fully avoiding leaving his DNA.

The killer might have been disturbed by someone he heard approaching nearby and therefore could not finish what he had planed.

Admin note:

Stop with the personal attacks in here or you may find yourself on the outside looking in.

I live in NY and people do travel from the city to go to beachs so her going to rockaway wouldn't be out of the ordinary. However if she lived in Chelsea, which I'm 99% sure of, then Chelsea piers has a sports center (gym) and that's a route she ran as well as The Highline (walking/running route)

Well there you have it, two people who live have lived there, with different experiences. Personally I'm the five years I lived their I would have never gone to Rockaway beach, or any of the beaches in Brooklyn or queens to swim and I didn't hang out with anyone who went to those places either. So I guess it depends on the circle of people you hang out with when you live there.

Ok but still how does he move btw Queens and Princeton? Why pick two people so far apart?

Because the victim was perfect for him.
Some say that the stalking kind of serial killer choose their victims very carefully, in a similar way normal people "choose" their one and only love,
that they know when the person is the perfect victim because they in their own sick murderous way kind of "fall in love" with the victim.

I want to give a shout out to the great locals on this thread. You're really providing great insight and information that makes the case come into focus so much better than if we didn't have local info.

And...the rest of us outsider are muddling along pretty well too.

Great work on this thread....making the most of the limited info we have.
Oh yes!!!! I surely do echo your post. Thank you all so much...is so helpful...to get to know the area through the eyes of the locals. It sounds too like such a beautiful area.

As of Aug 9/10 Police (and an FBI Profiler) continued to say they do not believe the 2 murders were committed by the same person. SOURCE

They believe each guy was attached to a certain area and not specifically to 'who' the victim was. It could have been any young female who happened by but it so happened to be these 2 women at those opportunistic times.

Well there you have it, two people who live have lived there, with different experiences. Personally I'm the five years I lived their I would have never gone to Rockaway beach, or any of the beaches in Brooklyn or queens to swim and I didn't hang out with anyone who went to those places either. So I guess it depends on the circle of people you hang out with when you live there.

What beachs did you go to? 5 years in NYC you can't tell me you never went to the beachs here lol. The hamptons??

What beachs did you go to? 5 years in NYC you can't tell me you never went to the beachs here lol. The hamptons??

Never! I think there gross being so close to the city. I would never swim in that water!

I go to the hamptons, the jersey shore (the nice parts, not the fist pumping parts), or when I'm back home CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003