MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really believe he's someone who followed her from NYC, but I do think it wouldn't be too difficult to do so. He could find out where she lives and runs from looking at her MapMyRun app. If he knows she's an avid runner and knows when she's out of town (NYC) visiting her family, he would know when she'd be in Princeton and know she's most likely to run in the afternoon as that was her usual pattern before. I don't think he'd need to actually follow her and the bus. He could stay at a motel in a neighboring town for the night, or even just camp out in the woods. He could have even hidden his car back on the cart path during that whole time. As secluded as Princeton is, I don't think that'd be enough to discourage him from coming out here and that may even be more desirable for him.

I, unfortunately, believe it's a local, however.

The thing is, while its obviously not impossible to follow her from NY it does require more planning which would point to someone who is more sophisticated and perhaps has done this before.....however with the way the body was found, it doesn't really feel sophisticated at all, it feels amature to me. And I guess I don't see someone who would plan to follow her from NYC, leaving her body kind of out in the open and not fully avoiding leaving his DNA.

Tempura already solved this problem for you. At minimal, Vanessa uploaded all her runs to the public cloud which anyone could view. What if that were the same for Karina? What if this perp, suggested the app to both of the girls? Creeeeepppppyyyyyy....

Ok but still how does he move btw Queens and Princeton? Why pick two people so far apart?

Also since LE has DNA in both cases and they haven't confirmed they are connected and have actually said the opposite....I'm gonna strongly lean to the fact they aren't related.

If you knew the area Vanessa was found in, you might understand better why people around here are pretty sure it's someone local...which we all wish it wasn't.

The thing is, while its obviously not impossible to follow her from NY it does require more planning which would point to someone who is more sophisticated and perhaps has done this before.....however with the way the body was found, it doesn't really feel sophisticated at all, it feels amature to me. And I guess I don't see someone who would plan to follow her from NYC, leaving her body kind of out in the open and not fully avoiding leaving his DNA.

I agree with where you going with this but you have to remember that tech is so readily available these days that even my mom is doing things on a technical level she shouldn't even be attempting and actually pulling it off! I see where your going, but following someone isn't super sophisticated and the app might be something he installed and just put two and two together in a sting of dumb luck. I do see what you mean though as far as him not being clever and all. I also agree he is new to this with the amount of mistakes and evolution/escalation that has occurred giving if these two murders are connected.

Ok but still how does he move btw Queens and Princeton? Why pick two people so far apart?

Again, I'm not even leaning toward this theory at all, BUT I would see Karina as practice if this really was what happened. He'd be someone from NYC who first killed someone locally (Queens) as practice before moving out of his own territory where he would have been more comfortable, but Vanessa was his real target.

It's not entirely impossible for a killer to move between these two locations, there's been serial killers that were truckers, and without repeating what everyone has already stated at this point and IMO the cases aren't related.

I would hope that LE would've notified the public after comparing DNA from the two crime scenes and made the public aware if there was a match. Just saying just saying

If you look at my original profile (right or wrong)...I was pretty adamant about the girls looking very similar and being of very natural beauty. Not just like oh, shes cute...but we're taking very beautiful italian women here. Also if you're familiar with the Chelsea King case, her killer also attacked her while jogging and killed a girl previously...the best friend of the killer growing up, mentioned that both girls looked very similar to the girl that broke his heart and never fully got over.

Another reason I mentioned the distance of the killings, was that if these cases are linked, then he seems to be escalating rather quickly and he might have had these 2 girls in mind long before and wanted to make it happen before he was arrested for the first killing.

All just theories of course and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up being 100% wrong about everything.

Cheers,
sta7ic

Here is a new article from a profile: there are a couple pieces of info I hadn't seen before....

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mass..._on_vanessa_marcotte_killer.amp?client=safari

Hopefully that link works cause the link button isn't for some reason.

More new info about Karina.....like she was her attacker approach her by hitting her in the head with a rock, and that they struggled so hard her neck was almost broken.

Regarding Vanessa....this article specifically says she was burned AFTER her death.

I agree with Paula88 who said a few pages back that it's probably a young person from a wealthy family. They've probably covered up his previous misdeeds. (There was an incident with a dog and a bonfire a few years back, for instance. I've been told the perp in that case moved to New Jersey to get away from the negative scrutiny here.)

Vanessa isn't the only young person from the area to go to NYC for work. No, I'm not thinking of anyone in particular, just a general thought. Also, there are summer people, many from NY, in most rural areas of MA. Again, just a general observation, not aware of anyone in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's compare the coincidences... Beautiful, female, dark hair, similar age, jogger, same time of day, both strangled?, both thin, semi close in proximity, can someone confirm each girls height?

That's around 10 coincidences and possibly more.. maybe y'all can name a few more? Seems like an awful lot of coincidences.

If you look at my original profile (right or wrong)...I was pretty adamant about the girls looking very similar and being of very natural beauty. Not just like oh, shes cute...but we're taking very beautiful italian women here. Also if you're familiar with the Chelsea King case, her killer also attacked her while jogging and killed a girl previously...the best friend of the killer growing up, mentioned that both girls looked very similar to the girl that broke his heart and never fully got over.

Another reason I mentioned the distance of the killings, was that if these cases are linked, then he seems to be escalating rather quickly and he might have had these 2 girls in mind long before and wanted to make it happen before he was arrested for the first killing.

All just theories of course and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up being 100% wrong about everything.

Cheers,
sta7ic

Marcotte is a French last name. I don't think we know if Vanessa had any Italian heritage.

I agree that they do look alike in some pictures, especially the lots of make up looking "sexy"
Type photos people like to post on Instagram. But I've seen other pictures of her where she just looks like a normal pretty brunette which aren't really in short supply. Also the life styles of the two girls seems quite different. Growing up in Leomister and going to Bancroft and being educated at BU and living in Manhattan is a world away from someone who grew up in Queens.

I'd be more convinced these crimes were related if we knew there was some other connection btw the two girls. I know there is likely the running app, but there has got to be a million people in there.

Let's compare the coincidences... Beautiful, female, dark hair, similar age, jogger, same time of day, both strangled?, both thin, semi close in proximity, can someone confirm each girls height?

That's around 10 coincidences and possibly more.. maybe y'all can name a few more? Seems like an awful lot of coincidences.

I disagree about body type being the same, from what we've seen Karina had more of a Kim Kardashian booty body type, Vanessa seems more slight.

Marcotte is a French last name. I don't think we know if Vanessa had any Italian heritage.

I agree that they do look alike in some pictures, especially the lots of make up looking "sexy"
Type photos people like to post on Instagram. But I've seen other pictures of her where she just looks like a normal pretty brunette which aren't really in short supply. Also the life styles of the two girls seems quite different. Growing up in Leomister and going to Bancroft and being educated at BU and living in Manhattan is a world away from someone who grew up in Queens.

I'd be more convinced these crimes were related if we knew there was some other connection btw the two girls. I know there is likely the running app, but there has got to be a million people in there.

I was able to find Vanessa on the running app pretty easily but Karina I couldn't locate. Either she wasn't on there, private or the account was deactivated after her death.

Would you mind if I shared the link above about the FBI profiler on Karinas page or could you do so? Her being hit in the head with a rock is new info to me.

Here is a new article from a profile: there are a couple pieces of info I hadn't seen before....

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mass..._on_vanessa_marcotte_killer.amp?client=safari

Hopefully that link works cause the link button isn't for some reason.

More new info about Karina.....like she was her attacker approach her by hitting her in the head with a rock, and that they struggled so hard her neck was almost broken.

Regarding Vanessa....this article specifically says she was burned AFTER her death.

Do we know where that info came from though?

Yep. In fact, she visited very frequently, every other weekend. She had her entire Princeton running route saved on her MapMyRun account and anyone can look that up by name. Very easy to see where her family lives and where she runs. Even what times. I don't think stalking her would have been difficult or would even take a certain level of manipulation.

That app sounds scary. Scary in the sense that anyone can follow your every move and target you. It's a shame they don't implement some safe guard for the users. Something like friending other runners/family and only they know your location. Apps like this one are perfect tools for stalker's.

VM was 5'2, 115lbs

I am such an airhead! I completely confused the two threads! Sorry guys, ignore me. I blame sawdust brain, we are having a bunch of work done on out house right now :/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I agree with Paula88 who said a few pages back that it's probably a young person from a wealthy family. They've probably covered up his previous misdeeds. (There was an incident with a dog and a bonfire a few years back, for instance. I've been told the perp in that case moved to New Jersey to get away from the negative scrutiny here.)

Vanessa isn't the only young person from the area to go to NYC for work. No, I'm not thinking of anyone in particular, just a general thought. Also, there are summer people, many from NY, in most rural areas of MA. Again, just a general observation, not aware of anyone in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that she's certainly not the only young person to move to NY from the area. I know I did it when I was about her age, and lived there for 5 years before moving back to the area. And I know almost every person i graduated with from Wachusett who moved there.

If you move to NY from this area though, you are going to live in Manhattan, or Brooklyn....maybe Hoboken. But it's unlikely to move to Queens. Which makes me wondering if it was a local who also lived in NYC, the chance of him living in or venturing to queens is slim.

I do however know two people (live together, both males) from a neighboring town who do live in queens, and I remember that specifically because my reaction was "why do you live there?"

I disagree about body type being the same, from what we've seen Karina had more of a Kim Kardashian booty body type, Vanessa seems more slight.

I think you're being too literal about them being exact sisters. If you look at Vanessa's wetsuit pic, you can see she had a booty too but didn't flaunt it as much as Karina did.. all the more reason I am liking my gym guy for this since he would have personal, up close knowledge.
Also look at the two girls from the Chelsea King case.. You wouldn't think they are very similar but the best friend of the killer growing up saw a part of the killers ex in each girl Amber and Chelsea.

I am curious, Are you mostly interested in this case because you are local? Or are you interested in this case purely on the science of profiling, etc...? Reason I ask, is because in hundreds of other cases I've eyeballed, its hardly ever 'like for like' or exact but just similarities and coincidences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13