MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was mentioned before, was the female also hurt in the accident? If not, that makes it very suspicious.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't know if she was or wasn't, but it sounds like he was dragged on the pavement and got his scrapes that way. She could have fallen differently.

If she had keys to her mom's, she may have brought them with. "Safe" town or not, after living in a city or growing up in one, I know I always locked doors no matter where I was. Just habit. But keys and other items may be a nuisance to carry with unless one has a fanny pack. Unfortunately, we just do not know enough to conclude what she had with her. For all we know a chunk of the perp's skin could have been left behind. I would only hope he got somewhat injured. I don't even believe they said if DNA evidence was found on the scene though unless there has been an update recently.
I assumed there was DNA found since LE made a point to say they knew the perp was a male.

I keep seeing people talk about where they found her body and a cart path. Where is this information coming from?
Lots of photos and links to news stories in thread 1. I don't recall now any page numbers or specific posts, sorry

Vaness'a family asks for charitable donations in lieu of memorial flowers:
"In keeping with Marcotte’s motto of giving back, her family asks that instead of donating flowers to her memorial services, money be given to Harlem Grown, Tutoring Plus of Cambridge or Matt Light Foundation for Crohn’s Disease."

http://pix11.com/2016/08/15/family-...itable-donations-in-lieu-of-memorial-flowers/

Really nice family. So sorry for their loss.

Vaness'a family asks for charitable donations in lieu of memorial flowers:
"In keeping with Marcotte’s motto of giving back, her family asks that instead of donating flowers to her memorial services, money be given to Harlem Grown, Tutoring Plus of Cambridge or Matt Light Foundation for Crohn’s Disease."

http://pix11.com/2016/08/15/family-...itable-donations-in-lieu-of-memorial-flowers/

Really nice family. So sorry for their loss.
Great article! To know that she suffered from Crohn's Disease (must have been in remission) and still was able to run and be active and took time to tutor kids - she really was a very special person. I admire her even more now than I did before.

One theory I have had rattling around in the back of my head is this: Was this a kidnapping gone horribly wrong? If VM was a target-one might assume Google could pony up a lot of cash..The reason I wonder about the possibility is what seems to be the pure lack of planning involved in her murder. I speculate when she fought back as hard as she did it enraged the perp and he killed her.

1) She worked for Google
2) parents appear to have money
3) VM was a tiny person (115 lbs according to one newspaper I saw) easy to grab
4) she kept regular habits and always went to see her Mom two weekends each month
5) She was, by all accounts a sweet person. (My daughter is this age and also a sweet person-and one of the most vicious lawyers and scrappers you ever want to come across) Looks can be deceiving...VM fought for her life
6) She wanted to give back. These people tend to be self-assured. Some people find that just a bit threatening and enjoy making them 'pay'

All sourced from the news articles posted here on WS on thread 1 or 2 Any thoughts?

One theory I have had rattling around in the back of my head is this: Was this a kidnapping gone horribly wrong? If VM was a target-one might assume Google could pony up a lot of cash..The reason I wonder about the possibility is what seems to be the pure lack of planning involved in her murder. I speculate when she fought back as hard as she did it enraged the perp and he killed her.

1) She worked for Google
4) she kept regular habits and always went to see her Mom two weekends each month
5) She was, by all accounts a sweet person. (My daughter is this age and also a sweet person-and one of the most vicious lawyers and scrappers you ever want to come across) Looks can be deceiving...VM fought for her life
6) She wanted to give back. These people tend to be self-assured. Some people find that just a bit threatening and enjoy making them 'pay'

All sourced from the news articles posted here on WS on thread 1 or 2 Any thoughts?

Seems like anything is possible, but her being alone on a rural road in the middle of nowhere, being attractive and petite, those things also point to her being a target for a random assault and murder like this. This case just seems so difficult to solve. I really hope LE has good evidence they're just keeping to themselves.

Kidnappings for ransom are very rare in US.

1) She worked for Google

Her parents do not have THAT kind of money. Princeton is a beautiful, old New England town with plenty of nice houses but it's not Greenwich.

Her parents do not have THAT kind of money. Princeton is a beautiful, old New England town with plenty of nice houses but it's not Greenwich.

Plus her mother lives with Vanessa's aunt and uncle. Her father lives in Leominster where there isn't much money. Some areas, quite the opposite. The only thing that would suggest her parents had money is that VM attended a private school, however she was their only child and her hometown doesn't have the most desirable school district. And even then, we don't know her parents paid for that tuition.

Odd. That's not even where the cart path is.

Now I'm wondering if they know she was killed where that aerial photo was taken and then moved by car to the cart path and left there. If it was someone who knows the area, maybe the place of the murder was too close and they thought it would give them away.

This is totally speculation on my part.

Odd. That's not even where the cart path is.

I have seen photo's of the police walking on the road and in those pics you could see a guard rail. I see that in the google map as well where the aerial photo was taken.

I thought we were looking at a totally different spot so I am confused unless they are leaving things out.

Thank you to Eucalyptus for compiling this list.
Bringing to help identify where that skyfox image was taken.

Here is a link to the Town of Princeton Assessors maps:
http://www.cmrpc.org/GIS/princeton/P...sessorMaps.htm
The map that contains the area where Vanessa's body was found is map 12:
http://www.cmrpc.org/GIS/princeton/P...36x23_5_12.pdf
(Please do not sleuth or repost names of property owners).
You will see Connor Lane ending left of center and continuing south by two dotted lines that represent the old road and this is visible in fall/winter satellite images as two straight parallel lines (remnants of the old dry stone walls that bordered the road).

I made a case map last night but didn't post it as I was hoping the case had come to a speedy arrest. There's not much on it, but I'm happy to add the cell tower and jogging routes if known:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nI...u0&usp=sharing

Thank you to the original poster Eucalyptus for compiling this. I wasn't sure how to (quote) bring this over from the last thread.

jmo

ETA...It is so helpful to have the locals chime in on the community. Thank you all for being here to support Vanessa and your community. Because LE has said to remain aware and vigilant this involves everyones family at this point. I am hoping for a swift resolution.

jmo

Interesting photo sunsetbeach.
So where is that image taken in relation to the cart path? locals? TIA
I am not good with maps.
The tweet is dated Aug.8

jmo
Here is the area where the aerial photo was taken. It could be a still from a video that Fox25 Boston aired. Not sure.

I followed the road and looked for the house with the pool in the front and water across the road. Everything matches up in my opinion.
Screenshot_2016-08-15-08-42-41_kindlephoto-4374641.jpg

I was trying to find the map we had on the other thread, does anyone have it? Please and thanks.

There is an aerial photo in this tweet taken by Skyfox, can someone tell me if her body was found on the same side of the road where all the cop cars are located? If so, I had no idea a house was THAT close.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PetesWire/status/762703625424699392

Someone needs to contact Mr. Wilson and ask him exactly when that photo was taken. It is time stamped 10:34 Aug. 8th but I guess that does not mean it is from that time period. I am not a social media user and I did try to find an email link for him but came up short. Just an idea.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member