MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Black Labs and Mountain Man....do you know if kids ever use that cart path at night to park or smoke, like they use the spots along reservoir and river?

I don't remember anyone ever going there. There are a million other "private" spots to go. You really don't notice this when driving.

I don't remember anyone ever going there. There are a million other "private" spots to go. You really don't notice this when driving.

Hadn't ever heard of that being a spot, but I figured a townie would know best.

I was actually there twice yesterday, once to get breakfast sandwiches at Mountain Side, and later for the run. We happen to be running another errand in Paxton so went out BSR, since I had an idea where it was I was looking for it as we drove by, I didn't get a good good look (because it would be kinda creepy to slow down) but I was surprised when I realized how wide open it actually was. If you weren't looking for it you could definetly miss it for sure, which means you'd also miss a car down there. But if you happen to be a passenger looking in that direction you'd have a clear shot.

Running by it I got a much better look. And if any biker or runner had gone by I feel like they would have seen something.
Running it I also got a much better sense of how close houses where to where she was found, which I had never really taken the time to notice before driving that stretch.

The other thing that caught my attention (which is part of why I love Princeton so much) is just how quiet it is, all you can hear are trees russling in the wind....it seems anyone within .5miles of her at the time who had been outside would have been able to hear her scream. (It's possible they were all inside with air conditioning and closed windows it was hot) .... But it does make me further wonder if she was actually killed there.

I was actually there twice yesterday, once to get breakfast sandwiches at Mountain Side, and later for the run. We happen to be running another errand in Paxton so went out BSR, since I had an idea where it was I was looking for it as we drove by, I didn't get a good good look (because it would be kinda creepy to slow down) but I was surprised when I realized how wide open it actually was. If you weren't looking for it you could definetly miss it for sure, which means you'd also miss a car down there. But if you happen to be a passenger looking in that direction you'd have a clear shot.

Running by it I got a much better look. And if any biker or runner had gone by I feel like they would have seen something.
Running it I also got a much better sense of how close houses where to where she was found, which I had never really taken the time to notice before driving that stretch.

The other thing that caught my attention (which is part of why I love Princeton so much) is just how quiet it is, all you can hear are trees russling in the wind....it seems anyone within .5miles of her at the time who had been outside would have been able to hear her scream. (It's possible they were all inside with air conditioning and closed windows it was hot) .... But it does make me further wonder if she was actually killed there.

I think it appears much more open now due to all of the police activity. I am sure it has been trampled pretty heavily.

It is a very quiet town. It may be surprising, most homes in town do not have central air conditioning, but if course some use window units which would muffle the sound. I'm guessing it was pretty hot the day it happened.

http://bit.ly/2aYezQf

Residents are asking why they weren't alerted about Vanessa's disappearance until 8:05 pm on August 7th. The town says they will be making a statement.

"“Vanessa embodied everything that is good in a human being,” her family said in a death notice published in the Fitchburg Sentinel and Enterprise. “She was kind, compassionate, bright, curious, charming, and vivacious.”

The wake will take place between 4 and 7 p.m. Marcotte’s funeral will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday. The family is asking for donations to Harlem Grown, a New York charity, and Tutoring Plus of Cambridge in Marcotte’s memory."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...n-princeton/uCoxlxSxqSQ25RXd7BFfpK/story.html

It is a very quiet town. It may be surprising, most homes in town do not have central air conditioning, but if course some use window units which would muffle the sound. I'm guessing it was pretty hot the day it happened.

Yeah we never had air conditioning growing up either, still don't...except for window units in the bedrooms. and while I didn't grow up in Princeton, I did grow up 5 miles from where she was found, and we likely went to the same high school, unless you went to private school.

Anyway my point was the unless people were inside with AC....if she was killed there...and had enough to time to fight....I feel like someone would have had to hear her scream.

I think it appears much more open now due to all of the police activity. I am sure it has been trampled pretty heavily.

True The shrubbery would be more trampled....but I meant more in terms of it being a very obvious path when you re looking in its direction. The trees line both sides very neatly and it's much wider then I remembered.

I've updated a case map here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nIRq-XXrkEXpsON3jsK8fqod0u0&usp=sharing
It now includes cell tower location and ping, Mt Wachusett (location of motorcycle accident victim), location of aerial shot of police vehicles. I've also included links to footage of the crime scene (warning:disturbing images) and the aerial photo.
With regards to that aerial shot I do believe the police set up an exclusion zone after the body was found. It often happens in cases like this to limit access by car and apart from crime scene vehicles other patrol cars will park at the perimeter and walk in. These cars seem to be about 300 yards north of the cart path.

True The shrubbery would be more trampled....but I meant more in terms of it being a very obvious path when you re looking in its direction. The trees line both sides very neatly and it's much wider then I remembered.

Sounds like between what you're saying and what Police are saying about the POI (i.e. their knowledge of the area), the individual responsible for her death is most likely a local person who may even live on that road. That person may also not know Ms. Marcotte well, but most likely they have seen her before.

I am very wary of articles from these types of sources, but this article from the Inquisitr discusses the finding of DNA on Ms. Marcotte's body, which I have not heard before. My guess is authorities do have a suspect.

Inquisitr .com/3416709/vanessa-marcotte-dna-murdered-jogger-karina-vetrano-princeton-jogger-google/

What i find odd is the amount of convicted murderers that are from that very neighborhood in Princeton.

Sounds like between what you're saying and what Police are saying about the POI (i.e. their knowledge of the area), the individual responsible for her death is most likely a local person who may even live on that road. That person may also not know Ms. Marcotte well, but most likely they have seen her before.

I am very wary of articles from these types of sources, but this article from the Inquisitr discusses the finding of DNA on Ms. Marcotte's body, which I have not heard before. My guess is authorities do have a suspect.

Inquisitr .com/3416709/vanessa-marcotte-dna-murdered-jogger-karina-vetrano-princeton-jogger-google/

If they are testing a POI DNA and we know the perps DNA is on her body....then what makes you say you don't think they have a suspect?

"If they are testing a POI DNA and we know the perps DNA is on her body....then what makes you say you don't think they have a suspect?"

Huh? I wrote my guess is authorities do have a suspect.

"If they are testing a POI DNA and we know the perps DNA is on her body....then what makes you say you don't think they have a suspect?"

Huh? I wrote my guess is authorities do have a suspect.

My apologies, I'm sorry. I must have misread it.

Who? When? How?

So you just made me think of something, why not check out the Mass Sex Offender website for registered offenders in Princeton. There were no hits in Princeton, but every other town in the area has at least one offender. Maybe Princeton really does not have a registered offender in their town, but is it possible authorities blocked out a possible suspect or suspects so the general public can't look them up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody