MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody link to a MSM story about Odgren's parole/bail pending appeal?

Can anybody link to a MSM story about Odgren's parole/bail pending appeal?

I was trying to find something written about it but can't find anything yet. It sounded like he had a court appearance today because they showed him in the court room. But it caught my attention because we were just talking about him...I couldn't believe it when they said he's presently out on bail.

I saw it on 7 news boston which is an nbc channel, but I can't find it on their site either.

The person that did the Sudbury murder has lots of very disturbing interests and a history of Forensics studies.
I searched for info on him..can you link that? I don't doubt you-I'm just fascinated by his case. I think I remember hearing about it at the time....or at least point me in a direction?

From what I can gather, the law disallows "life without parole" but these juvenile offenders will still serve "life".

http://www.wbur.org/news/2015/06/15/massachusetts-law-juvenile-murder

This article is useful in explains it:
"Under the measure, teens convicted of first-degree murder before their 18th birthday would become eligible for parole after serving at least 20 years, but not more than 30 years. Senators did approve one amendment requiring the full 30-year wait for murders committed with extreme cruelty."

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/article/20140709/News/140707286

I'm watching the same station and the 6 o'clock news is on. They have a tendency to repeat stories so they might say it again. I'm not sure if you can live stream it on the Internet or not but you could try.

I'm guessing there will be maybe a written thing tomorrow about it?

Interesting about the juvenile law being changed. Thanks, thinkhard.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/4-t...said-about-princeton-joggers-murder/423664819

Statistically, Homicide clearance rates are nationally only about 60 percent compared to 20 or 30 percent years ago, despite huge advances in forensic science, especially DNA. The reason? Stranger Homicide is up. 2. The area where Vanessa was found suggests a killer who is familiar with those woods, he was in his comfort zone. He knew she wouldn't get any help. And he knew he could get away fast.
3. Setting the fire could have been done in an attempt to erase DNA.
4. He doesn't think this is a serial killer in the making because there was no real attempt to hide the body, either through burial or wrapping it up and discarding it elsewhere.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fi...d/news-story/7344d2ffc160e2fd4dde8ff7183c377a
Running scared: Three young female joggers murdered in nine days. Could they be related?

August 15, 20167:49pm

CONTRARY to urban legend, it’s extremely rare in America for a woman to be murdered while jogging; according to crime statistics, she is much more likely to fall victim to a road accident.

So when three young female runners are slain in America’s northeast in the space of just nine days people start looking for connections, for evidence of a serial killer at work.
There are unsettling parallels between the murders of registered nurse and writer Alexandra “Ally” Brueger, 31, in Michigan on July 30; caterer and blogger Karina Vetrano, 30, in New York City on August 2; and Google employee Vanessa Marcotte in Massachusetts on August 7.
Although they occurred in different states, the women were all attractive, petite brunettes (in some photographs, Ms Vetrano and Ms Marcotte could be mistaken for sisters) of a similar age who were attacked while on their daily run.
Since the weekend, the nurse and aspiring writer's picture has started appearing alongside those of Ms Vetrano and Ms Marcotte in the US press as speculation grows that all three may have been targeted by a serial or copycat killer.
However, the crime scenes are also sufficiently different to support the possibility that three homicidal maniacs, all of whom have so far managed to elude the national DNA database, attacked female joggers in different states within nine days of each other.
rbbm.

Surprised that LE or MSM hasn't said ANYTHING about this poi. Since Friday it would be 3 days-72 hours, sufficient time to match DNA in a case of this magnitude.

That being said..there was a post within this thread with the police notebooks for Princeton. I went thru them looking for something in particular that poster referenced and in turn came upon numerous break ins, items missing from the home, "people" standing in driveways and suspicious cars etc. For those that live in the area PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lock your doors!!! I've seen people say this is a place where nobody locks up, you need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about if the two cases are related...I think
It's possible .... But the only way I think that is possible is if this person was a local who had moved to New York.

I don't think however Vanessa was followed in any way from New York. Here is the biggest reason why...in order to plan a kill in Princeton as an unfamiliar area one would have to do a deal of planning to make everything come together the way it did. However neither MO in Karina or Vanessa's case point to an organized assailant. I find it hard to believe that a peep would be crafty enough to track both women, yet lack sophistication in the execution and disposal itself. ... Hope that made sense.

Surprised that LE or MSM hasn't said ANYTHING about this poi. Since Friday it would be 3 days-72 hours, sufficient time to match DNA in a case of this magnitude.

That being said..there was a post within this thread with the police notebooks for Princeton. I went thru them looking for something in particular that poster referenced and in turn came upon numerous break ins, items missing from the home, "people" standing in driveways and suspicious cars etc. For those that live in the area PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lock your doors!!! I've seen people say this is a place where nobody locks up, you need to.

Someone mentioned how sometimes they run it a second time before the issue an arrest warrant just to cover there bases. Perhaps it's not someone they are worried about will run. Or perhaps there's a local who had there DNA tested for a familial match, and the POI doesn't know so again they aren't worried they will run.

Maybe they are waiting till after VM funeral tomorrow to make any statement of progress or arrests to not take the investigation away from the celebration of her life.

I dunno...just thinking out loud.

Thinking about if the two cases are related...I think
It's possible .... But the only way I think that is possible is if this person was a local who had moved to New York.

I don't think however Vanessa was followed in any way from New York. Here is the biggest reason why...in order to plan a kill in Princeton as an unfamiliar area one would have to do a deal of planning to make everything come together the way it did. However neither MO in Karina or Vanessa's case point to an organized assailant. I find it hard to believe that a peep would be crafty enough to track both women, yet lack sophistication in the execution and disposal itself. ... Hope that made sense.

Makes sense to me, and I've been thinking along the same lines.

Princeton-ish local transplanted to NYC, murdered KV and fled back to his hometown area to lay low, then got the "urge" and/or an opportunity and did it again. Perp didn't know KV, and may have incidentally "known" VM but probably only in passing.

I think it's pretty unlikely that these murders are related, but if they are, this (or some approximation of it) is really the only scenario that seems plausible to me.

Princeton-ish local transplanted to NYC, murdered KV and fled back to his hometown area to lay low, then got the "urge" and/or an opportunity and did it again. Perp didn't know KV, and may have incidentally "known" VM but probably only in passing.

I think it's pretty unlikely that these murders are related, but if they are, this (or some approximation of it) is really the only scenario that seems plausible to me.
Saw some information mentioned by ThinkHard earlier today on this thread, I went with it and decided to research a little on my own. I'm a local from KV's area. Before today I didn't think there could be a connection (and it's still very possible there is no connection at all, just strong coincidence) but after a little research I'm very interested in what I have found and starting to lean towards possible connection. I'll continue to look into it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's scary to think but NOT getting a confirmation from LE that they are connected or not is starting to speak volumes to me here.

At first I just thought, coincidence..but not sure anymore.

Saw some information mentioned by ThinkHard earlier today on this thread, I went with it and decided to research a little on my own. I'm a local from KV's area. Before today I didn't think there could be a connection (and it's still very possible there is no connection at all, just strong coincidence) but after a little research I'm very interested in what I have found and starting to lean towards possible connection. I'll continue to look into it.

Right?!! Some really crazy connections. Could be nothing but definitely worth looking into, even further. I also want to add that I don't think this perp, if in fact connected, has a high intelligence level at all!

Is there any evidence of connection at all here other than the jogging and victims ages?

Is there any evidence of connection at all here other than the jogging and victims ages?
Yes, if you go back to earlier today, ThinkHard posted a possible connection. Research is needed to be done on your part since we can not name people who are not currently named by LE as POI. But, it is a strong connection to Queens. It may very well be just a crazy big coincidence. But definitely something to look into.

Actually, ThinkHard, did you call this into the tip line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member