MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1st post...found other SM from ThinkHard's POI and they are active. FB doesn't show everything, individual posts can have different privacy settings. Just FYI it also appears they no longer live in Queens...hope I am not breaking any rules here, I just feel that this is coincidence...just my opinion!

Also their Twitter for their business/profession stopped posting shortly before then as well.

I wouldn't think so because it goes to private property. But perhaps if she was going to meet someone intentionally and that was an access point.

I doubt she was going to meet anyone. With text/phone/facebook these days there would be a solid trail.

So the perp knew to turn her phone off, but its not likely his was off. Is it possible and would LE get a list of all active users connected to the mountain barn restaurant tower at the time of interest?

Does VM have facebook? Wouldn't surprise me if the perp checked out her profile after "meeting" her. Maybe a list of all people who checked out her profile might have an interesting hit

The fact they still haven't asked for more information on a specific vehicle or something new along those lines makes me so anxious. More time goes by the less people will remember.

STOP sleuthing and posting about innocents, neighbours, social media, folks who have not been officially named a POI or suspect by LE via MSM. In other words, don't accuse someone, hint at their involvement, or post about someone because of where they live, how old they are, or just because you think it's a good idea to do so.

Please familiarize yourselves with Websleuths Terms of Service, especially the Etiquette & Information thread and the Social Media thread in The Rules found here.

:tyou:

i really hope the police pay attention to Twitter ... And then to the public record for charges pertaining to attempting to obscure license plate....

I don't know if it was his (the person wearing the socks) decision. I believe the TV station said they chose not to show his face in order to preserve the integrity of the ongoing investigation. People can go from interested bystanders to lynch mob mentality very quickly - wasting valuable LE resources. Much like here, it's important not to identify people until they have been publicly identified as POI by LE.

Interesting perspective. I respect it. I'm learning.

Did anyone notice that the person being interviewed, wearing the socks changed his speech patterns? When giving his alibi.

Sorry, but why would anyone even bring up to media that they had been in a fight with their mother while discussing an alibi? Websleuths has ruined me when it comes to people openly stating they had just gotten in an argument with someone etc. If it's to excuse scrapes/bruises, well.. that's a rather terrible mother/son relationship, lol. I literally can't think of any other reason why that would be brought up unless he rambled for hours and the reporter chose to just report that part or something. But if I were talking to the media regarding my DNA being collected to rule me out I definitely wouldn't proudly portray myself as a work-skipping, parent-fighting, no-show.. JMO since I have no idea who this person is. But like how much easier is it to just say "Oh I stayed up late reading and overslept"???

I'm hearing the chimes of the hinky bells, and hopefully it's just because of how weird that article/interview was.

And this picture from the same place....seems to show about where VM's body was found but looks towards to road....so you get a perspective of how little a car driving by might have seen from that location....

image.jpg

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/4-t...said-about-princeton-joggers-murder/423664819

FOX25's Bob Ward sat down with criminologist Jack Levin to go over what is publicly known about the case.

Here is some of what he had to say about it:

1. Statistically, Homicide clearance rates are nationally only about 60 percent compared to 20 or 30 percent years ago, despite huge advances in forensic science, especially DNA. The reason? Stranger Homicide is up.

2. The area where Vanessa was found suggests a killer who is familiar with those woods, he was in his comfort zone. He knew she wouldn't get any help. And he knew he could get away fast.

3. Setting the fire could have been done in an attempt to erase DNA.

4. He doesn't think this is a serial killer in the making because there was no real attempt to hide the body, either through burial or wrapping it up and discarding it elsewhere.

And this picture from the same place....seems to show about where VM's body was found but looks towards to road....so you get a perspective of how little a car driving by might have seen from that location....

attachment.php
This made my heart sink. Really scary. Only lends further credence to the idea that the perp must have been local.

I'm starting to think the guy parked somewhere else, maybe on connor lane itself or something

If its the kid from Queens he would have to be a complete idiot to commit both murders and think hed get away with it. And if its the kid who gave the interview, his goose is so cooked its burning, he couldnt possibly think hes not done for

Also interesting about the picture thinkhard posted is there is a little bit of a trail there, which indicates some people walk through there often enough to keep the grass from growing centrally.

If its the kid from Queens he would have to be a complete idiot to commit both murders and think hed get away with it. And if its the kid who gave the interview, his goose is so cooked its burning, he couldnt possibly think hes not done for

It is likely it is neither of these people. Even if it is one of them, that means the other is innocent.

It could be someone completely different.

There is no named POI.

I'm starting to think the guy parked somewhere else, maybe on connor lane itself or something

It almost makes me think all the more that perhaps there wasn't a car at all...but perhaps this person was close enough to have done everything on foot.

Well there is also the possibility of a scenario where these were not planned crimes....so he wouldn't have been thinking about a connection like that or his tie to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro