MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is likely it is neither of these people. Even if it is one of them, that means the other is innocent.

It could be someone completely different.

There is no named POI.

Who knows we don't know who they interviewed, only that they are local...they could be one and the same person for all we knows.

Just hoping that LE is a lot closer then anything they have let on so far.

I absolutely could see what you're saying. The picture also makes it seem a car couldn't easily have driven down this path. It's clear have no leads about vehicles in the area between 1-3 on BSR, seeing as Bob Ward's sources say the thing they're doing now is visiting all sex offenders in the area. Seems like the reason for that is that there are no leads to be had on that question.

It almost makes me think all the more that perhaps there wasn't a car at all...but perhaps this person was close enough to have done everything on foot.

Yes! This is what I was thinking as well. From the photo it doesn't seem like a car was in there. I would think the ground foliage would be more bedded down.

Thanks so much!

Interesting that early on he says that he hadn't even heard there had been a murder when the police started questioning him on Monday....yet later he says while he was lying around watching tv he heard the two calls come in. .... They seemed to indicate on the video that he was referring to the reverse 911 calls that were sent out to townies around 8pm....however I only remember hearing that one reverse 911 call went out (could be mistaken).

Which makes me wonder if the calls he was actually referring to were CB radio calls? I know a lot of people in this area, especially if there family is in anyway tied to a first responders (fire, police, emt), that have these radios in their home.

Also I noted it seemed a little weird at the very end when he denied knowing her.

And his socked feet are bizarre....clearly shows you how damn small the town is when he's worried about a local recognizing his foot wear.

It almost makes me think all the more that perhaps there wasn't a car at all...but perhaps this person was close enough to have done everything on foot.
Moving on foot gives the element of stealth; of surprise. If the attacker is a bit unsure for whatever reason, surprise is going to play in his favor.

Thanks so much!

Interesting that early on he says that he hadn't even heard there had been a murder when the police started questioning him on Monday....yet later he says while he was lying around watching tv he heard the two calls come in. .... They seemed to indicate on the video that he was referring to the reverse 911 calls that were sent out to townies around 8pm....however I only remember hearing that one reverse 911 call went out (could be mistaken).

Which makes me wonder if the calls he was actually referring to were CB radio calls? I know a lot of people in this area, especially if there family is in anyway tied to a first responders (fire, police, emt), that have these radios in their home.

Also I noted it seemed a little weird at the very end when he denied knowing her.

And his socked feet are bizarre....clearly shows you how damn small the town is when he's worried about a local recognizing his foot wear.
Yes, in my mind that interview only creates more questions than answers. As you rightly point out (as did others) the inconsistencies-was it one call or two? I only heard about one reverse 911 call. (don't live there, so I don't know for sure, though).

In my experience, tv crews usually show people's hands when doing incognito shots of people. I think they like to show the nervous tension and hand wringing or something...but only the feet..wonder if this guy had scratches and cuts? Probably not-but they've opened that door...

Maybe this guy just wanted his 15 minutes...

Thanks so much!

I didn't even think of him skipping the shoes for that purpose! I wonder if this POI could get a thrill out of being interviewed if he really did do it. He'd have to know he's toast.

Thanks so much!

I was thinking that he just wasn't wearing shoes not that it was conscious, i'm sure the locals atleast the neighbors and kids easily recognize his voice and know he lives right on that road. if that kid was involved, i wonder if he had a friend who actually did the killing and so his DNA wwouldnt be found. Doubt that scenario. Was the killer carrying an accelerant or he had to go home/car to get it?

Moving on foot gives the element of stealth; of surprise. If the attacker is a bit unsure for whatever reason, surprise is going to play in his favor.

True. But I'm not sure I think it was an ambush type of attack....im
Not convinced someone would just be waiting there for a runner to jump out and strike.

I also have a bit of a hard time believing she could have been dragged or carried back that far....if she fought back it seems unlikely he would have gotten her that far back in ten woods.

I still feel like it's possible she intentionally went to meet someone there, and that's how she got back in those woods where the attack occurred.

I was thinking that he just wasn't wearing shoes not that it was conscious, i'm sure the locals atleast the neighbors and kids easily recognize his voice and know he lives right on that road

He looked to be near town center in the video, so that's why I was thinking he intentionally took off his shoes because why would you just be in your socks in town.

But I guess it's possible they were interviewing him in his driveway and he just came out of the house without shoes.

Not convinced someone would just be waiting there for a runner to jump out and strike.

I also have a bit of a hard time believing she could have been dragged or carried back that far....if she fought back it seems unlikely he would have gotten her that far back in ten woods.

I still feel like it's possible she intentionally went to meet someone there, and that's how she got back in those woods where the attack occurred.

The struggle could have occurred mostly on the way back into the woods. I'm finding it hard to believe that a woman her age would secretly meet with someone in the woods like that. If she had been a teen, I could see that being likely. Especially when her runs were a frequent occurrence. Just my opinion.

Thats what I thought but if he was in town center, wouldn't he be giving the interview in front of the whole town and that would defeat the purpose of him removing his shoes?

The struggle could have occurred mostly on the way back into the woods. I'm finding it hard to believe that a woman her age would secretly meet with someone in the woods like that. If she had been a teen, I could see that being likely. Especially when her runs were a frequent occurrence. Just my opinion.

She could have been going to smoke pot or something in which case she might not tell her mom. I'm not saying that's what happened at all, or that she smokes just giving an example of why she might not tell. But if she was meeting someone, surely her texts would indicate who. So i doubt that is the case

That's a really good thought also. Based on the GPS information from her runs, which I can't seem to find, was she typically running on the east or western side of BSR? It would be really brazen to pull her across two lanes of traffic if she was on the western side. Eastern side, would probably be pretty quick. I heard somewhere she was 120 lbs, which would be a lot of work to quickly stop and drag for most guys, I think

She could have been going to smoke pot or something in which case she might not tell her mom. I'm not saying that's what happened at all, or that she smokes just giving an example of why she might not tell. But if she was meeting someone, surely her texts would indicate who. So i doubt that is the case

I agree...though I'm not sure they have her phone.

That's a really good thought also. Based on the GPS information from her runs, which I can't seem to find, was she typically running on the east or western side of BSR? It would be really brazen to pull her across two lanes of traffic if she was on the western side. Eastern side, would probably be pretty quick. I heard somewhere she was 120 lbs, which would be a lot of work to quickly stop and drag for most guys, I think
She was 5'2 and 115lbs. Definitely petite enough to drag.

Well there is also the possibility of a scenario where these were not planned crimes....so he wouldn't have been thinking about a connection like that or his tie to it.

*If* the perp ends up living on Brook Station Rd or just off BSR then I tend to lean towards planned. I think he (who ever he is) was waiting for her. He had seen her many times before and knew her routine when she was in town. The homes in that direct area all sit back from the road so he would have had to plan ahead to catch her at the most opportune time. Nothing else makes sense to me at this time. People are creature's of habit and I bet she had a certain time she liked to run.

Did anyone notice that the person being interviewed, wearing the socks changed his speech patterns? When giving his alibi.
not sure I know what you mean. I went back and re-listened to see if i could spot what you were referencing. Hope you can come back and elaborate. I will go give it another listen in the meantime..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7