MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There could be, but we just might not have heard about it, or it might not be one LE has come across yet.

If they didn't have her phone they can subpoena phone records but that wouldn't give them excess to private messages on SM accounts. Also phone records can take a bit to get.
I really do think they'd have some indication by now. LE has made it clear that the public needs to be cautious, so they clearly don't have indication of it being someone she knew and it NOT being random.

I also find it weird that anyone being questioned for a murder would even talk to media. Media wouldn't know and try to contact them for a report, he had to have contacted media. Personally, if I'm innocent and was questioned in connection of a crime and DNA was swabbed I'd be so upset I wouldn't tell Media all about it, let alone go on tv (even if it's just my feet)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I did notice a change in voice when asked if he knew VM. It was a nervous "no I did not"

I noticed it too. In fact, I thought he said "I did" when he was asked if the knew Vanessa. He mumbled the words and the reporter repeated them - then I understood he said, "I didn't."

Hinky meter goes off for me with this guy. One big reason is him doing the interview! He says he has nothing to hide, but isn't very passionate about his innocence, or concerned that Vanessa was hurt, or that a perp is still on the loose in the community.

I wonder if he watched TV that day via the internet? Would there be a record in his "history" of the timing? If there is no record in his history of watching a video/TV, then that blows that alibi. Of course, regular broadcast TV wouldn't leave a record, AFAIK.

Hinkiness abounds....but yet LE isn't making any moves after DNA collection several days ago, so what does that mean?

I noticed it too. In fact, I thought he said "I did" when he was asked if the knew Vanessa. He mumbled the words and the reporter repeated them - then I understood he said, "I didn't."

Hinky meter goes off for me with this guy. One big reason is him doing the interview! He says he has nothing to hide, but isn't very passionate about his innocence, or concerned that Vanessa was hurt, or that a perp is still on the loose in the community.

I wonder if he watched TV that day via the internet? Would there be a record in his "history" of the timing? If there is no record in his history of watching a video/TV, then that blows that alibi. Of course, regular broadcast TV wouldn't leave a record, AFAIK.

Hinkiness abounds....but yet LE isn't making any moves after DNA collection several days ago, so what does that mean?

Maybe running his DNA a second time before making an arrest?

I really do think they'd have some indication by now. LE has made it clear that the public needs to be cautious, so they clearly don't have indication of it being someone she knew and it NOT being random.

In not sure I read into it that way. To me it means that they aren't sure if this person will strike again because they don't know the motive behind the crime. Not neccasrily if they think it was someone known to her or not.

I also find it weird that anyone being questioned for a murder would even talk to media. Media wouldn't know and try to contact them for a report, he had to have contacted media. Personally, if I'm innocent and was questioned in connection of a crime and DNA was swabbed I'd be so upset I wouldn't tell Media all about it, let alone go on tv (even if it's just my feet)

He could have contacted media or he could have crossed paths with media in town. They have been mulling around with notebooks trying to get townie quotes and stuff.

So in your perspective how does he ambush her and drag a fighting, screaming victim back 30to100 yards in the woods with know one seeing or hearing anything?

I don't have an answer for that but I think it's possible. I know she was fighting her attacker (per PO report) but no one ever said she screamed nor were there any reports of anyone hearing screams. It's also possible no one was outside in the area at that time to hear her screams if she did scream. Too many questions and not enough answers at this point.

Princeton doesn't have cable though. So anyone with it has direct tv, not sure if that changes if they can tell what some in watched.

Also possible he was watching Netflix or Hulu over regular broadcast.

Hinky meter goes off for me with this guy. One big reason is him doing the interview!
Same here! I had to replay it! I once read somewhere that murder is a very arrogant crime...This guy seems to fit (with what little we have been able to hear from him).

He could have contacted media or he could have crossed paths with media in town. They have been mulling around with notebooks trying to get townie quotes and stuff.
Either way, offering his story is pretty surprising.

Maybe running his DNA a second time before making an arrest?

Do we know if the lab would have been in operation over the wknd? He said his DNA was taken on Saturday and I know DNA can take up to 72 hrs even in a rushed order. Which would put results Tuesday, unless they didn't run them
Over the weekend, then 72 hrs could be today or tomorrow.

And as you mentioned they may want to run it twice as well.

I don't have an answer for that but I think it's possible. I know she was fighting her attacker (per PO report) but no one ever said she screamed nor were there any reports of anyone hearing screams. It's also possible no one was outside in the area at that time to hear her screams if she did scream. Too many questions and not enough answers at this point.

Agreed. It would stand to reason though if you got ambushed on the side of the road and dragged into the woods while you are actively fighting, your also probably screaming.

Still I'm having trouble believing a fighting girl was dragged that far back into the woods....it seems too risky to me.

I'm still not sure if she was really killed there. Or moved there after her death and burned there.

Agreed. It would stand to reason though if you got ambushed on the side of the road and dragged into the woods while you are actively fighting, your also probably screaming.

Still I'm having trouble believing a fighting girl was dragged that far back into the woods....it seems too risky to me.

I'm still not sure if she was really killed there. Or moved there after her death and burned there.
I don't know if we can assume she'd be screaming. I'm sure she wasn't silent, but there isn't really any knowing. We know we should scream in hopes that someone would come help, but I'm not sure if that's what always happens.

If she was brought there after death, the ME would know. We haven't heard anything from ME, have we?

No cause of death, no confirmation of sexual assault, no confirmation if the burning occurred before or after death, no word about whether the body died in that location or was moved from somewhere else.

If anyone of this info has been released, please clue me in!

I'm sure LE has this information, but is holding its cards closely to the chest.

I believe the perp waited at the edge for her to make her way up the street. I, too, am within the same demographic as VM (I'd rather not share as much because I want to remain anonymous as possible since this is a local crime), but I can speak from experience that meeting secretly in the woods is not something I would have done past my early twenties at the oldest. If she had wanted to meet someone, I can't imagine them choosing the woods. It would make far more sense to meet out at a coffee shop/bar/restaurant/etc. VM was independent and I don't think she'd feel the need to hide things like that from her family. Again, this is just my opinion. Many women her age are career women, wives, mothers.

If you wanted to have a private conversation with someone you wouldn't go to a public place to meet, you'd find some place private. There would have been only one local place open at the time anyway...and it's definetly not a place you could have a private conversation.

Also most 27 year olds are definetly not married around here or settled down with families. Peolple get married later. Career wise I think it would surprise you what very professional people do in their off time, especially those still in their 20's.

Perhaps you've had different experiences with your direct peers, and since neither of us (I believe) know Vanessa first hand, either "type" could be the one that fits what could have been likely or unlikely for her.

Again I'm not saying she did meet someone, but nothing about her characters, age, profession etc....would make me inclined to think its impossible either.

I believe the perp waited at the edge for her to make her way up the street. I, too, am within the same demographic as VM (I'd rather not share as much because I want to remain anonymous as possible since this is a local crime), but I can speak from experience that meeting secretly in the woods is not something I would have done past my early twenties at the oldest. If she had wanted to meet someone, I can't imagine them choosing the woods. It would make far more sense to meet out at a coffee shop/bar/restaurant/etc. VM was independent and I don't think she'd feel the need to hide things like that from her family. Again, this is just my opinion. Many women her age are career women, wives, mothers.

I also thinks it's possible that perhaps she didn't meet him in the woods but was picked up by a car, and perhaps they parked somewhere to talk. Perhaps MNt barn parking lot...it wold have been closed at that time.

everyone does things they hide from their mothers lol

I don't know if we can assume she'd be screaming. I'm sure she wasn't silent, but there isn't really any knowing. We know we should scream in hopes that someone would come help, but I'm not sure if that's what always happens.

no we of course know very few things in this case for sure. But if she was active enough to be fighting aggressively enough to leave scratches I can't exactly imagine she was mute during this whole thing. and I think in that situation it would just be instinct to be screaming. That is of course if she was ambushed...

But I'm not convinced that's what happened....

If she was brought there after death, the ME would know. We haven't heard anything from ME, have we?

No cause of death, no confirmation of sexual assault, no confirmation if the burning occurred before or after death, no word about whether the body died in that location or was moved from somewhere else.

If anyone of this info has been released, please clue me in!

I'm sure LE has this information, but is holding its cards closely to the chest.

As far as I know nothing has been confirmed by LE but things that have been reported in the paper.

As far as being moved....that's just a theory...and town gossip.

Rape has never been confirmed only that they were trying to determine that...but a recent article said they were checking into all sexual offenders in the area, so perhaps that's an indication she might have in fact been.

Some sources have stated she was straggled.

Also a profiler on her piece made a comment about the body being burned post mortem but I'm
Not sure where she had her information from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member