MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this guy from the interview the one they initially identified? Like they collected his DNA over a week ago?

In a written story on this interview they said they collected his DNA Saturday (6 days after the murder) but a news story came out friday that they had submitted DNA for review on Friday...so insuspect they have submitted multiple peoples, some probably for direct suspicion others probably to know the cross referenced.

Someone here was posting about so many murderers living in the area (I don't quite remember who it was) but we fairly disagreed point by point and moved on. Now here's a guy trying to murder someone in Leominster by stabbing them in the neck and running away through the grass and jumping over a fence. I'm willing to bet they request a DNA swab just for giggles..

maybe be this stuff is more common than I realize?
Leominster is very different from Princeton and drug/gang related crime is not uncommon.

Unless the person told her he wanted to show her something in the woods? a hurt animal, something he found... etc?

I'd think she'd have to know him to follow him. I can't imagine she would just follow a stranger.

How do you see it as deception? I don't think it is really that big of a deal if she was meeting someone for her to not tell her mom. There could be several reasons for this.

Maybe it just didn't seem important enough to tell her mom. Maybe she knew this friend was going through stuff that was private and so in an effort to not have to explain it to her mom she just didn't mention it. Maybe this kid was trouble and her mom wasn't a fan...but Vanessa was big hearted enough to still respond to a friend in need so didn't tell her mom.

Perhaps because she was an adult and a manager she tried to manage this situation without the involvement of a parent.

I agree that someone might not tell her mom she was meeting with someone, but in this case she told her mom she was going jogging. That's not a case of "not telling mom" something you want to keep private, but a deliberate lie.

I just don't see Vanessa lying to her mom. There is just absolutely no vibe I get from Vanessa that she would outright lie.

But it's just my opinion, nothing more. No use repeating it, I supose.

Perhaps, you never know. She did Twitter out a self defense class for females in boston a few years back. It makes me think she had some experience in self protection classes though, which might change how she would and wouldn't respond in a situation. Kind of like how the best way to overcome the bistabdard effect is to educate people about the fact it exists in the first place.

Also back in those woods you'd still being in screaming ear shot of houses (if anyone had been outside in a .5mile ) radius it would be shocking if they couldn't hear her. Actually closer to some house then one would have been on the road itself.

So it seems to me the person would have to know no one was around to hear her scream or that she was actually killed elsewhere.
It's also one of those things that you can never anticipate how you'll respond no matter how much education you have. Different situation, but just to use an analogy, I thought educating myself and practicing hypnosis for childbirth would help me to prepare for it. Nope. It's one of those things where preparation can't always override your body's natural response.
Also, although they haven't said anything about COD, if she was strangled, it'd be much less likely that she was able to be heard.

I agree that someone might not tell her mom she was meeting with someone, but in this case she told her mom she was going jogging. That's not a case of "not telling mom" something you want to keep private, but a deliberate lie.

I just don't see Vanessa lying to her mom. There is just absolutely no vibe I get from Vanessa that she would outright lie.

Agreed.

I understand and respect your perspective. But that's not quite the way I was piecing it.

We know Vanessa had a routine, she came home bi-weekly and she always took a run or walk when she was home. (That rt appeared to be one route she would go, but not her only rt)

When she's home, a friend reaches out to her and wants to talk, my theory is perhaps they were going through something. so kind hearted as Vanessa was, she was trying to be helpful. Perhaps for privacy reasons or if her parents weren't fans, or they just didn't know about him and she didn't think it was really important to explain it to them (because obviously she didn't think her life was at risk).

So she figures she will just meet with him when she normally goes for her run. As its in her normal routine it won't seem suspicious and no one will ask any questions so she won't have to bother to explain. She also won't have to ask to borrow a car because she can just run there.

She figures (theory) go out and help a friend, not have to explain it to anyone....i''m not doing anything bad....I'm just trying to help a friend...and I'll be back home at my regular time anyway....no harm done.

I'm sure she's the type had her mom directly been suspicious of something and asked she wouldn't have flat out lied, but her normal routine gave her a way to simply evade the truth in a way that seemed pretty harmless at the time.

It's not like I'm suggesting she went out into the woods or got picked up in a car to hook up or get high.

I'm suggesting she simply may have avoided telling the whole story simply by just sticking to her routine.

It's okay for us to disagree about this. Any theory is simply a theory at this point.

Of course all theories are ok! As is discussing and dissecting those theories.....after all that's kind of what sleuthing is.

I understand and respect your perspective. But that's not quite the way I was piecing it.

We know Vanessa had a routine, she came home bi-weekly and she always took a run or walk when she was home. (That rt appeared to be one route she would go, but not her only rt)

When she's home, a friend reaches out to her and wants to talk, my theory is perhaps they were going through something. so kind hearted as Vanessa was, she was trying to be helpful. Perhaps for privacy reasons or if her parents weren't fans, or they just didn't know about him and she didn't think it was really important to explain it to them (because obviously she didn't think her life was at risk).

So she figures she will just meet with him when she normally goes for her run. As its in her normal routine it won't seem suspicious and no one will ask any questions so she won't have to bother to explain. She also won't have to ask to borrow a car because she can just run there.

She figures (theory) go out and help a friend, not have to explain it to anyone....i''m not doing anything bad....I'm just trying to help a friend...and I'll be back home at my regular time anyway....no harm done.

I'm sure she's the type had her mom directly been suspicious of something and asked she wouldn't have flat out lied, but her normal routine gave her a way to simply evade the truth in a way that seemed pretty harmless at the time.

It's not like I'm suggesting she went out into the woods or got picked up in a car to hook up or get high.

I'm suggesting she simply may have avoided telling the whole story simply by just sticking to her routine.

I think that considering she also had a bus to get to, she would have been more forthcoming about her plans. I know that when my husband leaves the house for a run, I know his time and know when to expect him back. Talking with a friend would add a significant amount of time onto her run, so I think it's the kind of thing she'd want her mother to know.

Someone here was posting about so many murderers living in the area (I don't quite remember who it was) but we fairly disagreed point by point and moved on. Now here's a guy trying to murder someone in Leominster by stabbing them in the neck and running away through the grass and jumping over a fence. I'm willing to bet they request a DNA swab just for giggles..

maybe be this stuff is more common than I realize?
Parts of Leominster are pretty rough. It's nothing like Princeton or any of the wachusett towns (Holden, Paxton, Princeton, Rutland, Sterling). That stuff id think would be pretty common there as well as Worcester and perhaps Fitchburg...but only in certain areas.

I am thinking that the perp may have been a jogger or at least dressed and acted like a jogger. There would be a sort of familiarity with another jogger.

What's great about WS is that we can all have our own theories. IMO I do not think she had any other plans but to go for her run and get back home to shower, pack, spend the rest of her time with family and get ready to leave for the bus ride back to NYC.

It's also one of those things that you can never anticipate how you'll respond no matter how much education you have. Different situation, but just to use an analogy, I thought educating myself and practicing hypnosis for childbirth would help me to prepare for it. Nope. It's one of those things where preparation can't always override your body's natural response.
Also, although they haven't said anything about COD, if she was strangled, it'd be much less likely that she was able to be heard.

She wouldn't have been strangled right on the road though, he would have to have dragged her back and then strangled her because I don't think he would have taken the time to do it right there (it would take too long, as in several minutes)

So there still would have been the potential to scream during the time it took to bring her where he killed her. (If she was killed there).

Of course no one hearing her scream doesn't rule out her being killed there, but it does make me wonder if she may have been killed elsewhere as a possible explanation...or to the fact she wasn't ambushed but rather had willing gone

I think that considering she also had a bus to get to, she would have been more forthcoming about her plans. I know that when my husband leaves the house for a run, I know his time and know when to expect him back. Talking with a friend would add a significant amount of time onto her run, so I think it's the kind of thing she'd want her mother to know.

She wouldn't have to be more forthcoming with her plans. She would have arrived home around the same time after a run if it was a regular thing. If she was just up the street she would know to just plan to be back at her normal time. I'm
Not suggesting she did was planning to do her whole normal route AND talk to someone....I'm suggesting that perhaps she used the time she would normally do that route to talk to someone.

What's great about WS is that we can all have our own theories. IMO I do not think she had any other plans but to go for her run and get back home to shower, pack, spend the rest of her time with family and get ready to leave for the bus ride back to NYC.

Yes, we are here to share theories and ideas, with respect to each other's perspectives and brainstorming methods....honing our theories when we have more info. If there were only one "right" idea at this point, then the crime would be solved by now.

Just waiting for that "more info" from LE!

True, but I was speaking as to how she ended up in the path. The perp ambushes her and strikes her in the head or face disorienting her and the attack ensues further down the cart path.

She wouldn't have been strangled right on the road though, he would have to have dragged her back and then strangled her because I don't think he would have taken the time to do it right there (it would take too long, as in several minutes)

So there still would have been the potential to scream during the time it took to bring her where he killed her. (If she was killed there).

Of course no one hearing her scream doesn't rule out her being killed there, but it does make me wonder if she may have been killed elsewhere as a possible explanation...or to the fact she wasn't ambushed but rather had willing gone
The one thing that strikes me, having reviewed the police blotter again, is what does get noticed in Princeton though. I have to say up front, only a downed tree was mentioned over on that road, but plenty of neighbors seem to report going on..

http://www.thelandmark.com/news/2008-04-03/fire_police/170.html

True, but I was speaking as to how she ended up in the path. The perp ambushes her and strikes her in the head or face disorienting her and the attack ensues further down the cart path.

i think we know she had headphones on (weren't they listed as missing?) which would have made it easier to ambush her, esp if it was someone who had already noticed her and was waiting for her to run by.

I had mentioned the idea before that she was frozen when being dragged. Victims of assault sometimes can't seem to find their voices or will themselves to move.

She wouldn't have to be more forthcoming with her plans. She would have arrived home around the same time after a run if it was a regular thing. If she was just up the street she would know to just plan to be back at her normal time. I'm
Not suggesting she did was planning to do her whole normal route AND talk to someone....I'm suggesting that perhaps she used the time she would normally do that route to talk to someone.
But then you can see how that would imply deception on her part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste