MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At work and cant see what this is about. Is something happening now?
It's footage from the community run. They shot it from the opposite side of the road from the cart path and you can see the runners running right by it.

Thinking through the location, I'm thinking the crime happened on that cart road. Here's the reason - feel free to point out holes in my thinking (not that WSers need an invitation to do that, lol!).

She was in all likelihood running on that road when the perp got her. If the perp took her somewhere in his car, wouldn't he then dump her far away from where he grabbed her? It would seem foolish to bring her back to a location where people would surely look for her (unless he wanted her found...which is a possibility.)

Rather, I think she was nabbed on that road, taken down that cart path, and killed there. I don't think she was killed elsewhere and then dumped there.

JMopinion, subject to change.

by the perp having her in his vehicle-either voluntarily or involuntarily-leaves fingerprints,DNA in his car not to mention blood. Local case here in Dallas with Christina Morris had her DNA in the trunk of an acquaintances Camaro(they still have not found her body and it will be 2 years next month). It adds to the odds of the perp being caught with her DNA in his vehicle especially if LE is looking at him . But he could be a dumb criminal.

JMO

Sometimes burning of feet and/or hands can be a method of torture, or done to elicit info from a victim. I read that burning doesn't destroy DNA completely, and many victims are identified from their dental records if a visual ID can't be made. jmo

True. Think about people who have missing or buried for years and someone finds a skull or LE has a reason to start digging somewhere and finds someone buried. We had a artist sketch in the news here a couple weeks ago of a woman they think went missing 10-13 years ago but they have no identity. I was baffled by how they knew she was missing/dead that long. Weird and amazing what they can do.

Just remember she had been home for longer than just the week-end. It doesn't take long for a "voyeur" to establish a routine. Also these behaviors are " escalated" from other less aggressive behavior. Case in point Ted Bundy's girlfriend woke ( in the middle of the night )to him looking at her private parts under the covers with a flashlight. She could have been meeting someone questionable from her past that her mother wasn't a fan of but a) that information would already be in the hands of LE b) Venessa was a responsible adult and from all accounts confident in her choices. I don't believe she would hide that from her mother and that would point to a crime of passion.Although honestly it isn't unusual for an intelligent confident woman to be involved with a sociopathic guy. That being said her behavior leading up to Sunday ( especially the night before)needs to be looked at, which I am sure LE is doing. I still say look closely at the restaurant she was at with her Dad the night before. Then of course there is the " random" drive by, wrong place, wrong time psychopath.

How do we know she was home for more then the weekend? All accounts I have read just say she was home for a few days visiting her mom, nothing more specific then that.

How would someone have seen her at the restaurant and then stocked her? It's not really near Princeton, it's in downtown Worcester. And it's a fairly upscale steak house.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. It doesn't sound like we are viewing this from the same angle.
I agree, Both are coming from different angles, which is where solutions and answers come from, so yes agree to disagree. ThinkHard, you are correct I am very familiar with Venessa's age bracket and it wouldn't be about a deliberate deception, rather it is about an uneasiness about that relationship with whom she was meeting. The person knows that others won't approve, in fact she doesn't approve herself, yet drawn in. It's an attempt to perhaps hide something she isn't proud of, avoid confrontation with her family who she obviously loved and respected. This would be about an emotional abusive relationship not necessarily physical, But remember emotional abuse escalates to physical abuse. These relationships are everywhere, many intelligent beautiful women are trapped with them. Again, Personally I don't think she was involved with him as much as he with her, simply meaning we have an obsessive voyeur type ( perhaps ? )

Yes but how would she have gotten back into those woods in the first place?

Also I'm a few years older then VM but I did grow up here, and moved to the city in my early/mid 20's.....Moved back since....and additionally I'm female with a similar look, build, and pedigree as VM. I had lots of friends at Bancroft growing up, lots of friends at BU, etc....so Being pretty familiar with that "type" of girl ... I don't think it's as crazy and idea or unlikely as you might think that she may have intentionally met up with someone.

Say she knew this "friend" was troubled or going through something. Or perhaps she had tutored him at one point and developed a relationship that way. With her volunteer past and the big heart her loved ones speak of...if someone reached out to her, or she felt like they needed a friend....she strikes me as the type that wouldn't turn her back on that person....she strikes me as the type to still be reaching out to a struggling friend even if everyone else was ignoring the issue or had turned her back on him. She seems like the type of person others would feel comfortable opening up to in other words.

I would imagine that if VM had made plans to meet up with someone there would be some record of the conversation on telephone/text/SM. Perhaps that is why her telephone is missing. (If the perp thought that possession of the phone would be the only way to erase record of the interaction).
However, if I remember correctly, she attended a community event earlier in the day - prior to her run - and could have made verbal plans to meet up with someone she ran into there.

How do we know she was home for more then the weekend? All accounts I have read just say she was home for a few days visiting her mom, nothing more specific then that.

How would someone have seen her at the restaurant and then stocked her? It's not really near Princeton, it's in downtown Worcester. And it's a fairly upscale steak house.
The restaurant is not in Worcester,I believe according to the maps in Princeton and articles have described her visite as " several" days. I will try to get links for you.

I would imagine that if VM had made plans to meet up with someone there would be some record of the conversation on telephone/text/SM. Perhaps that is why her telephone is missing. (If the perp thought that possession of the phone would be the only way to erase record of the interaction).
However, if I remember correctly, she attended a community event earlier in the day - prior to her run - and could have made verbal plans to meet up with someone she ran into there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

I'm not recalling that event. Can you remind us (with link, if possible). Was she with her mom or did she go alone?

Here is the headphones link:

http://www.masslive.com/news/worces.../fbi_profiler_on_vanessa_marcotte_killer.html

and the quote: Runners are often distracted by music heard through headphones and may run alone.

Notice it does not say VM was wearing headphones. I don't think we know if she was or not. I think it's quite likely she was, but that's not the same as proof. For all I know she treasured the sound of birds chirping and the breeze in the trees.

and it says nothing about that sneaker, so the search for that article continues....

How many runners are there in a given hour on Brooks station road on a nice day?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...sing-jogger/UrjXYFfqfHevS5trCF5ITI/story.html Other articles say " several days, this says a few days, not the weekend.

The restaurant is not in Worcester,I believe according to the maps in Princeton and articles have described her visite as " several" days. I will try to get links for you.
moutain barn restaurant, princton, ma. Princeton not Worcester. Worcester Road, Princeton

So, residents are acutely aware of what is going on in their area.

It seems entirely possible that the perp was on foot and was unnoticed/unseen by anyone before or after the crime.

YET, the request from LE is for tips about a vehicle.

LE hasn't given many specifics, but that request is specific. They are asking about info about a vehicle seen on the road on Sunday and about a male seen with injuries after Sunday. We don't have much info from LE, but those are specific requests, and they might be an indication that LE suspects a car was somehow involved.

jmopinion

I agree with your post. LE most likely believe that the perp used a vehicle.

What FACTS do we have?

http://hudson.wickedlocal.com/news/...rned-after-nyc-womans-body-found-in-princeton
Her body was found by state police K9 at 8:20 p.m. Sunday, about a half mile from her mother's home.
Residents near Brooks Station Road said this morning they received a “Robo-call” around 8 p.m. Sunday asking them to be on the lookout for the woman.

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment...le-Employee-s-Death-While-Jogging-9130165.php
Marcotte left for a workout 1 p.m. Sunday afternoon

“We don’t know if this was a random act,” District Attorney Joseph Early Jr. told website MassLive. “We are asking residents of Princeton and surrounding areas to use an abundance of caution.”

http://www.telegram.com/article/20160808/NEWS/160809371
Mr. Early would not get into any details about the “abduction” and declined to say whether Ms. Marcotte was killed in the area where her body was found.
An investigative source said the woman was found naked, with burns to the face, hands and feet.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20160808/NEWS/160809344
He said police believed Vanessa Marcotte had been at the market around noon for a drink, but Mr. Brisbois said he didn’t remember the woman.

JMO

Speculating in this case waters it down for me, IMO.
I wish we could put together an accurate timeline with links and facts. Not that it will catch a killer but will help us to understand Vanessa's movements and the crime as it unfolded. I think LE will keep info close to the vest if they do have leads or a POI, but I still believe from reports that LE has stated they do not know if this was random or targeted. If they need the publics help they will ask for it, if they alert the public to be cautious they mean that. Watching the local LE and their behavior at different crimes and cases gives good insight as to the scope of an investigation.

Let's use links for any information that is more than just "our opinion". I sure hope we will be getting some updates now that the funeral (RIP beautiful Vanessa) is over. I wonder what is brewing in that community? All eyes are on you.

Be Safe locals~

JMO

What community event? I don't remember hearing reading this.

moutain barn restaurant, princton, ma. Princeton not Worcester. Worcester Road, Princeton

That's not where she went to dinner. That's the one with the reported ping. She went to the 111 on Shrewsbury St in Worcester

I agree with your post. LE most likely believe that the perp used a vehicle.

What FACTS do we have?

http://hudson.wickedlocal.com/news/...rned-after-nyc-womans-body-found-in-princeton

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment...le-Employee-s-Death-While-Jogging-9130165.php

http://www.telegram.com/article/20160808/NEWS/160809371

http://www.telegram.com/article/20160808/NEWS/160809344

JMO

Speculating in this case waters it down for me, IMO.
I wish we could put together an accurate timeline with links and facts. Not that it will catch a killer but will help us to understand Vanessa's movements and the crime as it unfolded. I think LE will keep info close to the vest if they do have leads or a POI, but I still believe from reports that LE has stated they do not know if this was random or targeted. If they need the publics help they will ask for it, if they alert the public to be cautious they mean that. Watching the local LE and their behavior at different crimes and cases gives good insight as to the scope of an investigation.

Let's use links for any information that is more than just "our opinion". I sure hope we will be getting some updates now that the funeral (RIP beautiful Vanessa) is over. I wonder what is brewing in that community? All eyes are on you.

Be Safe locals~

JMO
Thank you for this! I was getting ready to attempt something similar myself as so much speculation has entered now, it has gotten confusing. =-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6