MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this! I was getting ready to attempt something similar myself as so much speculation has entered now, it has gotten confusing. =-)

I know - me too! I'm putting together a list of What We Know vs. What We Don't Know.

Great minds, lol!

Snipped by me, regarding the outing earlier in the day, on Sunday. Here's the quote from the link above:

"PRINCETON - At the Mountainside Market on Hubbardston Road (Route 62), Jacob J. Brisbois, who works behind the deli counter serving drinks and food, said police stopped in around 7:15 Sunday night. He said police believed Vanessa Marcotte had been at the market around noon for a drink, but Mr. Brisbois said he didn’t remember the woman."

It's totally possible a deli worker wouldn't remember a customer from several hours earlier. But, I would like to know if they have video and who Vanessa was with, if anyone.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20160808/NEWS/160809344

Snipped by me, regarding the outing earlier in the day, on Sunday. Here's the quote from the link above:

"PRINCETON - At the Mountainside Market on Hubbardston Road (Route 62), Jacob J. Brisbois, who works behind the deli counter serving drinks and food, said police stopped in around 7:15 Sunday night. He said police believed Vanessa Marcotte had been at the market around noon for a drink, but Mr. Brisbois said he didn’t remember the woman."

It's totally possible a deli worker wouldn't remember a customer from several hours earlier. But, I would like to know if they have video and who Vanessa was with, if anyone.

Thank you! I have used up my 8 free views and can't access the telegram anymore.....

My mistake but she went to Bancroft High School in Worcester. This is a regional community and she could easily have been seen the night before. Someone said that opinions " water down" the investigation, I simply don't, after experience, agree with that. Bottom line it's either random or not. If it's not random, there had better be opinions to open minds to where the facts are. There are profilers for a reason.

The restaurant is not in Worcester,I believe according to the maps in Princeton and articles have described her visite as " several" days. I will try to get links for you.

Yes it definetly is. Her dad said they went to 111 chop house. I think you might be confusing some of the information

My mistake but she went to Bancroft High School in Worcester. This is a regional community and she could easily have been seen the night before. Someone said that opinions " water down" the investigation, I simply don't, after experience, agree with that. Bottom line it's either random or not. If it's not random, there had better be opinions to open minds to where the facts are. There are profilers for a reason.

I have seen it reported that she went to dinner the night before with her father. I am just asking if we can all try to include links as to organize information. Once we begin to organize the data for everyone to access and refer back to I think it would be helpful, especially to those who are not following along as closely as others. Make sense?

http://www.people.com/article/vanessa-marcotte-google-employee-killed-dad-interview
"I went to eat with her at the Chop House Saturday night. After that, the next day, she was dead," John Marcotte told The Boston Globe Tuesday outside his home, with tears in his eyes.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...sing-jogger/UrjXYFfqfHevS5trCF5ITI/story.html Other articles say " several days, this says a few days, not the weekend.

A few days could easily be the wknd. NYC offices often have "summer hours" sometimes that means 4 day work week with no Friday, sometimes it means a shorter day on Fridays.

Since Vanessa came home regularly to see her mom I'm guessing she wasn't taking days off work each time to do so, so wknd visits make more sense to me.

It's possible she was home longer and had used some vacation days on this specific, but it's also possible she was just home since Friday, or possibley Thursday night, if she took a bus up after work.

I don't think the phrasing really tells us one way or the other.

That's not exactly a community event outing though. That market is pretty much the only thing open at that time on Sunday's, so everyone goes there. It's small and never super busy at anyone time, but there is a steady flow of people on and out. Especially on a weekend morning because they make the best breakfast sandwich (the "daily Doyle" if your ever in town)

That's not exactly a community event outing though. That market is pretty much the only thing open at that time on Sunday's, so everyone goes there. It's small and never super busy at anyone time, but there is a steady flow of people on and out. Especially on a weekend morning because they make the best breakfast sandwich (the "daily Doyle" if your ever in town)

I think the post is important because it does show that LE BELIEVED that Vanessa was there around noon for a drink. Why would LE believe this and YES DO THEY HAVE VIDEO?
IMO, that is the important detail in the post.

jmo

Jacob J. Brisbois, who works behind the deli counter serving drinks and food, said police stopped in around 7:15 Sunday night. He said police believed Vanessa Marcotte had been at the market around noon for a drink, but Mr. Brisbois said he didn’t remember the woman.

Also, from the article, someone was asking earlier how many people run along Brooks Station. This was quoted.
Cynthia B. Hanson, a former journalist from Princeton, said she and her two children, 15 and 21, were out running in the Brooks Station Road area Sunday around the same time Ms. Marcotte was out jogging.

BBM

I'm not recalling that event. Can you remind us (with link, if possible). Was she with her mom or did she go alone?

Maybe I'm confusing VM with KV, who was also very recently murdered while jogging, but I thought I read that she went to a funeral earlier on the day she went missing. I will look for a link to the information.

I'm trying to follow but a little confused about something, so hopefully you can help straighten me out with what you meant.

In your theory are you suggesting that a stranger or someone who knew her would have spotted her at dinner the night before?

How do you speculate in this situation they would have then followed her and carried out their crime?

What I find is confusing me is "facts" are creeping in that are actually from KV's case and not related to this one at all. I keep back-tracking to sort it all out...IMHO

I think the post is important because it does show that LE BELIEVED that Vanessa was there around noon for a drink. Why would LE believe this and YES DO THEY HAVE VIDEO?

jmo

Also, from the article, someone was asking earlier how many people run along Brooks Station. This was quoted.

I agree the info is important. But it had been stated that she was at a community event earlier that day. I was just commenting that running an errand is a little different then attending a community event.

The info does help give us with a timeline though.

She wouldn't have been strangled right on the road though, he would have to have dragged her back and then strangled her because I don't think he would have taken the time to do it right there (it would take too long, as in several minutes)

So there still would have been the potential to scream during the time it took to bring her where he killed her. (If she was killed there).

Of course no one hearing her scream doesn't rule out her being killed there, but it does make me wonder if she may have been killed elsewhere as a possible explanation...or to the fact she wasn't ambushed but rather had willing gone

Given the narrow shoulder on that road, I assume VM was running against traffic which would put her on the side of the road opposite the cart path. While it is possible he ambushed her from behind and even incapacitated her, it seems hard to imagine him dragging her across two lanes of traffic into the woods. With the possibility of a car coming south around that curve at any moment, he would have to be quick. This makes me agree with the possibility of her being killed in another location - however I don't think she went willingly.

Many years ago I was grabbed by a young man while out running in a public park in an area not unlike Princeton. Fortunately he only fondled me. It happened very suddenly and I barely registered what had happened before he ran off. I grew up with brothers and didn't shy away from physical confrontation, but this happened so quickly and was so shocking that I neither screamed nor fought back. It wouldn't surprise me at all if VM could not get out a scream.

Finally, as small female (5'1"/110) who has run - mostly alone - for more than 35 years, this crime really struck a cord with me. Thank you for this outlet - it has been helpful.

jmo

Also I'm not sure if the market has video surveillance or not, I'm kind of guessing no, but next time I'm there I'll see if I note cameras.

I'm not sure how that would be helpful though, as she would have driven to the market in all liklihood so I'm
Not seeing how someone would have followed her from there, but you never know.

Regarding jogger frequency, I'd say at any given time there could be a jogger in that road but there could also be a gap of hours were no one runs it either.

Maybe I'm confusing VM with KV, who was also very recently murdered while jogging, but I thought I read that she went to a funeral earlier on the day she went missing. I will look for a link to the information.

Someone on here mentioned there mother was at a funeral in Princeton on that same day...perhaps that's what your thinking of?

Given the narrow shoulder on that road, I assume VM was running against traffic which would put her on the side of the road opposite the cart path. While it is possible he ambushed her from behind and even incapacitated her, it seems hard to imagine him dragging her across two lanes of traffic into the woods. With the possibility of a car coming south around that curve at any moment, he would have to be quick. This makes me agree with the possibility of her being killed in another location - however I don't think she went willingly.

Many years ago I was grabbed by a young man while out running in a public park in an area not unlike Princeton. Fortunately he only fondled me. It happened very suddenly and I barely registered what had happened before he ran off. I grew up with brothers and didn't shy away from physical confrontation, but this happened so quickly and was so shocking that I neither screamed nor fought back. It wouldn't surprise me at all if VM could not get out a scream.

Finally, as small female (5'1"/110) who has run - mostly alone - for more than 35 years, this crime really struck a cord with me. Thank you for this outlet - it has been helpful.

Thanks for sharing your story and insight. I'm so sorry that happened to you!

I didn't state it was a community event. That was someone else, who I hope will post a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6