MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a possibility that hasn't been discussed before: it has been ridiculously hot in New England this summer. VM was probably used to running in the evening after work and, if she was mostly running the High Line and Chelsea area, she may have benefitted from a breeze off the river. Fast forward to a very hot, humid mid-day run. Could the heat have prompted her to walk part of her route? And could someone she knew or at least recognized from the neighborhood have offered her a ride home? Knowing that she was on a tight schedule to catch the bus back to NYC, a ride might have been appealing.

True it's possible. She did have her cell phone though. I'd think she would have called for a ride had she needed one, but you never know.

Also early on it was reported that she was seen walking on the road and talking on her cell phone.

I'll see if I can find an early article when they had first reported that.

So if she went this way your suggesting she would have gone past the cart path around 215? Correct?

She would've went past the cart path 2 times, around 1:20ish and then on the way back, if she made it back there then around 2:25/2:30 and that's depending how far she ran before she turned around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right..Is there something factual stating she went south? I've been following the thread from the start and haven't seen anything.

From what I have gathered from her mapmyrun routes (that are logged) in Princeton she always headed north. Just going off of the usual routes she ran I would be highly inclined to think she went north.

No someone had just proposed the theory that perhaps she went south and we were discussing that as a possibility.

True it's possible. She did have her cell phone though. I'd think she would have called for a ride had she needed one, but you never know.

Also early on it was reported that she was seen walking on the road and talking on her cell phone.

I found the article you mentioned: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lf-mile-mom-s-home-speaks-best-kid-world.html

Sounds like she was walking. Until everyone started talking about this today, I always assumed she had walked right by the cart path near the beginning of her trip and that's when this all started.

I found the article you mentioned: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lf-mile-mom-s-home-speaks-best-kid-world.html

Sounds like she was walking. Until everyone started talking about this today, I always assumed she had walked right by the cart path near the beginning of her trip and that's when this all started.

I didn't see this til just now. I hear from people on here that dailymail isn't very reliable BUT could explain how she was off guard if she was in fact on her cell phone walking past the cartpath.

Eta: then again the person she was on the phone with would've known something happened right away

Btw I wanted to share this article:

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/sea...ller-turns-to-sex-offender-registry/424316895

However I'm going to cross reference it because I don't think all of his info is accurate and some I think is misleading... For example unless he has insider access I'm finding 0 registered sex offenders in Princeton, which matches up with other things I've read, and word of mouth from a town cop.

I just went on the Princeton police dept website and ran a sex offenders search and the results list 2 level 2 offenders in Princeton. However I ran another search just through the SORB website and got 0 results with a note that says the level 2 sex offenders on the board were classified after July 12, 2013. So maybe Princeton has 2 that were classified before 2013?

I think its weird they're saying this person who drove by was the last person to see her alive, when in reality whoever she was talking to on the phone was the actual person. That person would know from their own call logs when they stopped chatting.

I didn't see this til just now. I hear from people on here that dailymail isn't very reliable BUT could explain how she was off guard if she was in fact on her cell phone walking past the cartpath.

Eta: then again the person she was on the phone with would've known something happened right away

But if she was talking on her cell phone and got jumped...you'd think the person on the other line would have alerted police sooner, or if they thought the call just dropped, at least reported it to police by now to solidify an even tighter timeline....perhaps they have....or perhaps they don't have all the phone records yet. Who knows, so much up in the air at this point.

I just went on the Princeton police dept website and ran a sex offenders search and the results list 2 level 2 offenders in Princeton. However I ran another search just through the SORB website and got 0 results with a note that says the level 2 sex offenders on the board were classified after July 12, 2013. So maybe Princeton has 2 that were classified before 2013?

Interesting! I wonder if all the town websites let you look up sex offenders.

I too looked at the surrounding towns that border Princeton and didn't get a number nearly that high.

She would've went past the cart path 2 times, around 1:20ish and then on the way back, if she made it back there then around 2:25/2:30 and that's depending how far she ran before she turned around.

Ok just making sure I'm following you correctly....there's basically three potential ways she could have gone, correct? South direction and around the loop (passing cart path at about 215), going north around loop (passing cart path just after 115), or the option that would bring her past it twice...running to Mnt Road and back (at a little after 115 and again about an hour later).....

Is that right?

Ok just making sure I'm following you correctly....there's basically three potential ways she could have gone, correct? South direction and around the loop (passing cart path at about 215), going north around loop (passing cart path just after 115), or the option that would bring her past it twice...running to Mnt Road and back (at a little after 115 and again about an hour later).....

Is that right?

Based on her known running routes, speed, and weather on that day, that sounds about right, or at least within 5-10 minutes to account for variations on departure time and stretching routine. And if she talked on her cell phone for a few minutes prior to starting out. Ugh - it seems like there are so many unknowns!

They were setting up speakers downtown earlier. Has there been any news conference announcements? I've been away from web sleuths all day

I am really not suggesting anything just offering a possibility. Most muderers are familiar with their victims. Serial Killers are not all that common although Sociopaths are, believed to be as high as one in five. Sociopaths have no conscience so it is easy for them to act on impulse, with little empathy for their victim. Meaning this could be as simple as a person that shunned someone's advances. There was a murder of a young teacher in Danvers, MA last year by a student she was attempting to help. No one saw this coming but this sociopathic young man was harboring a lot of rage. Sociopaths are very very very good at blending in. It's frightening. I am just offering possibilities which come down to three- crime of passion( familiar or at least aware of victim) Sociopathic ( no remorse, act on impulse ) or Random ( a very sick individual that lives for killing - serial killer ) My suggestions aren't ignoring facts, it's an attempt to bring the abstract ( profile ) and the facts ( when ,where, how together ) My apologies if you don't like this approach but I have enough experience to know that facts and speculation work together to form a hypothesis. Once the hypothesis is formed, facts surrounding this seal the conviction . When someone is murdered the events leading up to the murder are critical ( social media, work, her whereabouts and contacts (especially recent ) - ?

They were setting up speakers downtown earlier. Has there been any news conference announcements? I've been away from web sleuths all day

No news conferences today. I just searched FB, Twitter, and googled....I'm not seeing anything announced for later today either, as of 5:05pm.

From: http://www.fox25boston.com/news/sea...ller-turns-to-sex-offender-registry/424316895

"There are 93 Level One sex offenders in the immediate Princeton area, meaning they are the least likely to reoffend.

There are 215 Leven Two sex offenders and 106 Level Three sex offenders -- the most likely to re-offend.

Sources confirmed to FOX25's Bob Ward investigators are following up with all of them. If they have not provided DNA samples, as required by state law, police are taking fresh DNA swabs and entering it into the database.

It's work that could break open the baffling case."

I am really not suggesting anything just offering a possibility. Most muderers are familiar with their victims. Serial Killers are not all that common although Sociopaths are, believed to be as high as one in five. Sociopaths have no conscience so it is easy for them to act on impulse, with little empathy for their victim. Meaning this could be as simple as a person that shunned someone's advances. There was a murder of a young teacher in Danvers, MA last year by a student she was attempting to help. No one saw this coming but this sociopathic young man was harboring a lot of rage. Sociopaths are very very very good at blending in. It's frightening. I am just offering possibilities which come down to three- crime of passion( familiar or at least aware of victim) Sociopathic ( no remorse, act on impulse ) or Random ( a very sick individual that lives for killing - serial killer ) My suggestions aren't ignoring facts, it's an attempt to bring the abstract ( profile ) and the facts ( when ,where, how together ) My apologies if you don't like this approach but I have enough experience to know that facts and speculation work together to form a hypothesis. Once the hypothesis is formed, facts surrounding this seal the conviction . When someone is murdered the events leading up to the murder are critical ( social media, work, her whereabouts and contacts (especially recent ) - ?

I agree and I never said other wise.

But you (I believe it was you) proposed a possibility of the killer seeing her out to dinner the night before.

I simply asked you to explain how you saw this playing out in an attempt to explore the likliness of such scenario.

I tend to feel it's unlikely but I don't want to assume to know how you view it playing out, which is why I asked you to explain further.

I didn't even know she was actually SEEN on this walk/jog.

I think she just went off information that had been released. I'm not sure she has any inside information. I found it odd that she assumed VM was burned postmortem.
I would (and did) make the same assumption. The burning is to get rid of something: evidence of the perp and/or making an ID of the victim more difficult. It was no doubt post-mortem.

I didn't even know she was actually SEEN on this walk/jog.

Me either.

However, if the source is the DailyMail, I'm holding on to skepticism until confirmed locally. DM gets great photos, better and faster than other outlets, but DM news coverage isn't always accurate.

jmopinion at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members