MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically what everyone on the site writes is valuable and noteworthy until proven otherwise. Facts are critical, we all know that. Speculations are important because we aren't privy to all the information that LE has and inevitably speculations combined with what facts we do know more often than not hits the mark. Sadly crimes like this aren't that unusual nor are they that complicated to figure out when minds work together. The most difficult to solve is the " random ", no dots to connect and the mobile serial killer being hardest. The restaurant the night before is simply a place she could have been seen or for that matter "anywhere" she was in the hours or days preceding. Social media as wonderful as it is in some respects is a trusting individual's worst nightmare. It is very easy for a savvy individual to figure out exactly where exactly you are if you are forthcoming with your posts. I follow facts closely and pay attention to all of your posts and value and appreciate your links. Another Massachusetts murder the Christa Worthington on rural Cape Cod took quite awhile to solve. His DNA ( Garbage Collector) had been submitted months before " but" the crime lab was back logged...keep that in mind.

Why would he give give up his DNA and then do an interview explaining his side of the story and then get arrested. He was obviously a young nervous kid and is probably worried about people going through his *advertiser censored* stash.
He isnt the only male living on the road or surrounding area that would be familiar with the area where VM was found. There's a reason LE have him as a POI.

Murderers have sick minds. I'm not saying this is definitely the killer, but if it is, he's getting pleasure and excitement sitting around waiting. He knows he's done for, so why not mess around with media and act innocent? It's happened in the past, the killer helps in the search, does media interviews, and then bam more evidence is found to connect them to the crime and LE moves in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Unless the person told her he wanted to show her something in the woods? a hurt animal, something he found... etc?

I agree this sounds like the most likley way to get an independent, strong girl to slow down from her jog. If the murders are related then I think something like this applies even more. Definitely easy to get someones attention "hey my cell phone died", "dont i know you from school", etc. If Ted Bundy could do it ...

Why would he give give up his DNA and then do an interview explaining his side of the story and then get arrested. He was obviously a young nervous kid and is probably worried about people going through his *advertiser censored* stash.
Well a lot of people aren't scientifically savvy and kids often think they can explain ( lie ) their way out of things even DNA. If I act like I have nothing to hide they will believe me. You'll usually hear that suspects willingly give samples of their DNA and seal their fate.

I do want to take a moment to insert a word about Crohn's disease. VM suffered from it. It is a nasty, horrible disease. I would imagine even if she were in remission there would be days she might not feel like running. She would definitely keep her phone with her just in case she needed help. I know this from first hand knowledge.

it is also likely the reason her Mother was worried so early on in the afternoon. She probably feared a medical emergency. It may have even been the reason the police responded so quickly.

https://www..com/vanessamarcotte

I know one of the charities the family suggested in lieu of flowers for the funeral was a charity for Crohn's disease, but do we know that Vanessa herself had it? If so, please post a link. Thanks.

When one of my family members die, we request donations to a specific charity because of the charity's work with a disease that one of us in the family suffers. We are all advocate for this charity, but we don't all have the disease - just one dear family member.

But, if Vanessa had Crohn's, let me know. I have a young friend who has Crohn's, and she has been through some true difficulties.

The profiler on fox 25 said it was "the perfect place for a crime of opportunity". He also said the person got out of there quickly.

So assuming that's accurate based on his expertise....it supports more of an ambush scenario.

So the questions becomes was she a target or random victim?

Is he a local or a stranger to the area?

It seems to me they would have to have been familiar to the area to know that spot. It also feels to me that she was likely intentionally targeted.

I think the person either had to live in walking distance and got away on foot, or had been parked on the side of the road.

The one thing I wonder though if she got grabbed on her way out and was heading north, wouldn't she have been running on the other side of the road?

Basically what everyone on the site writes is valuable and noteworthy until proven otherwise. Facts are critical, we all know that. Speculations are important because we aren't privy to all the information that LE has and inevitably speculations combined with what facts we do know more often than not hits the mark. Sadly crimes like this aren't that unusual nor are they that complicated to figure out when minds work together. The most difficult to solve is the " random ", no dots to connect and the mobile serial killer being hardest. The restaurant the night before is simply a place she could have been seen or for that matter "anywhere" she was in the hours or days preceding. Social media as wonderful as it is in some respects is a trusting individual's worst nightmare. It is very easy for a savvy individual to figure out exactly where exactly you are if you are forthcoming with your posts. I follow facts closely and pay attention to all of your posts and value and appreciate your links. Another Massachusetts murder the Christa Worthington on rural Cape Cod took quite awhile to solve. His DNA ( Garbage Collector) had been submitted months before " but" the crime lab was back logged...keep that in mind.

Thanks for this reminder. Every day that passes I get more and more worried that she'll never get the justice she deserves; this is a good reminder sometimes it takes a while.

How do we know she was home for more then the weekend? All accounts I have read just say she was home for a few days visiting her mom, nothing more specific then that.

How would someone have seen her at the restaurant and then stocked her? It's not really near Princeton, it's in downtown Worcester. And it's a fairly upscale steak house.

I think you lack one major thing for these investigations which is a good thing! =)
The sheer power of testosterone. Guys will do the darnedest things...Why do you think we 'creep' out women so often?

Because. If this happened in the ghettos of Detroit. I would simply have profiled that the killer was a local .................. That lives in the area.

So same thing here.

There are rural profiles and inner city profiles.

So I just picked the basic rural profile for this particular murder case.

But if she was jogging in the ghettos of urban Detroit.

Then my profile of a possible perp would be different. Jmo.

I think there are other profile that would fit in this case as well however. A peer who is either knowingly disturbed or who appears like a Boy Scout and hides his deeds, just to name two other possibilities.

Yes and I get all that but that's not really what I asked.

I simply asked, in your mind how would you see a scenario of someone seeing her at a resturaunt and murdering her the next day play out.

I appreciate your insightful perspective but was more interested in your theory in that regard.

Proposing theories is also about dissecting them so there probability either strengthens or weakens, is it not?

If we just talk in theory but don't explore those theories, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

Again I do appreciate what you shared. But continue to be interested in your theories as well.

I'm sorry to say.

It's not safe for women to go jogging in isolated areas no more.

Now I understand that this is a safe area and your female child is athletic and older.

But still.

These creeps know how to subdue athletic women in isolated areas when the victim is alone.

So please Websleuths.

Tell your daughters that the "dont worry about me jogging solo" Is totally out the window. Jmo

I do want to take a moment to insert a word about Crohn's disease. VM suffered from it. It is a nasty, horrible disease. I would imagine even if she were in remission there would be days she might not feel like running. She would definitely keep her phone with her just in case she needed help. I know this from first hand knowledge.

it is also likely the reason her Mother was worried so early on in the afternoon. She probably feared a medical emergency. It may have even been the reason the police responded so quickly.

https://www..com/vanessamarcotte

I know one of the charities in the donations on her obituary was for Crohn's disease, but do we know she had Crohn's disease? She may have a loved one affected or just been involved in that charity for some other reason?

I know one of the charities the family suggested in lieu of flowers for the funeral was a charity for Crohn's disease, but do we know that Vanessa herself had it? If so, please post a link. Thanks.

When one of my family members die, we request donations to a specific charity because of the charity's work with a disease that one of us in the family suffers. We are all advocate for this charity, but we don't all have the disease - just one dear family member.

But, if Vanessa had Crohn's, let me know. I have a young friend who has Crohn's, and she has been through some true difficulties.
It says so in the link. That's why it's there.

Oh man I'm sorry I didn't see this before and posted almost the same thing. My apologies.

We really can't assume that. Those are certainly two motives for burning the body postmortem but we don't have any word from LE that she was burned after death yet.
Dozens of other assumptions and wild speculation has been made, including the inner thoughts of both perp and Vanessa, which no one can know; how interesting that this one item is pointed out as something that cannot be assumed.

What murders have been committed (in the U.S.) where the victim was burned antemortem (and it wasn't a house fire or arson)? Just common sense gives us the answer. How would the perp hold her down in order to burn her if she was alive and able to fight (which she was, per LE)? And why if the perp's intent was to sexually assault Vanessa would he spend his time burning her before death?

It says so in the link. That's why it's there.

Thank you! I hadn't gone to that site to read what is posted about her. I wish we could link to it as it is nice.

So sorry to hear she was indeed suffering from Crohn's. My young friend (younger than Vanessa) was diagnosed with it, and it was a terrible process to get diagnosed. We almost lost her....but she is doing well now.

Dozens of other assumptions are being made including the inner thoughts of both perp and Vanessa; interesting that this one assumption is pointed out as not confirmed.

What murders have been committed (in the U.S.) where the victim was burned antemortem (and it wasn't a house fire or arson)? Just common sense gives us the answer. How would the perp hold her down in order to burn her if she was alive and able to fight (which she was, per LE)? And why if the perp's intent was to sexually assault Vanessa?

Cigarette.

Or a lighter.

Both those items cause burns and could be administered while subduing someone.

My hunch is that the burns occurred after death, but we honestly do not know.

jmopinion at the moment.

He isnt the only male living on the road or surrounding area that would be familiar with the area where VM was found. There's a reason LE have him as a POI.

Murderers have sick minds. I'm not saying this is definitely the killer, but if it is, he's getting pleasure and excitement sitting around waiting. He knows he's done for, so why not mess around with media and act innocent? It's happened in the past, the killer helps in the search, does media interviews, and then bam more evidence is found to connect them to the crime and LE moves in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Do you have any other cases where this has happened before as a reference?

Thank you! I hadn't gone to that site to read what is posted about her. I wish we could link to it as it is nice.

So sorry to hear she was indeed suffering from Crohn's. My young friend (younger than Vanessa) was diagnosed with it, and it was a terrible process to get diagnosed. We almost lost her....but she is doing well now.
Glad to hear she is doing well. It makes VM's murder even more poignant to me. She was fighting this terrible disease and everyone describes what a lovely person she was. She didn't let it get her down..a great role model..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member