MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding from friends who have Crohn's is it ebbs and flows. There can be periods where the person feels great and that lasts awhile. One of the big murder cases in my area involved a wife/mother of 2 little girls, who also was an identical twin. They both suffer/ed from Crohn's and the one who was murdered was an avid runner. BTW, the estranged husband is the one who killed his wife. He dumped her mostly nude body in a new construction area, tried to make it look like she was running.

I've wondered something similar in this case too. If someone did pick her up or met with her and something happened...it seems to me a way to cover it up....could be to make it LOOK like the boogeyman jumped out type of crime.

I've wondered something similar in this case too. If someone did pick her up or met with her and something happened...it seems to me a way to cover it up....could be to make it LOOK like the boogeyman jumped out type of crime.
Well, sometimes people you think you can trust because you've seen them around town for years, aren't really very trustworthy after all. It could be as simple as being offered a ride and not getting home after all..

This is the first I have seen this in the news reporting although we have all speculated that it was so.

jmo

Yes, we did. :(

Sounds like the ME has made his/her report. I'm most curious about whether the body was moved or not.

Yes, we did. :(

Sounds like the ME has made his/her report. I'm most curious about whether the body was moved or not.

I am very curious as to whether the body was moved too! I'm impatient.

I don't seem to hear LE or any of the analyst throwing that out there though.
The private detective in the FOX25Boston video does make it sound as if the crime happened there on the cart path.
But, if you have followed enough cases here at WS...much can be going on behind the scene while LE plays smoke and mirrors with the information released to the public as they pursue their perp. (maybe wishful thinking, but anything is possible imo at this point.) I want them to get JUSTICE for Vanessa and her lovely family.
jmo

True it's possible. She did have her cell phone though. I'd think she would have called for a ride had she needed one, but you never know.

Also early on it was reported that she was seen walking on the road and talking on her cell phone.

I'll see if I can find an early article when they had first reported that.

New here, but have been following along. Am an avid runner. Aside from noting that its good practice to always run toward oncoming traffic as opposed to bikers who ride with traffic (to speak of what side of the street Shay might have been on) - with this heat wave, runs I typically "crush" at 7:00pm, I need to stop and walk at 1 or 2. I wouldnt call for a ride - I would walk, then run then walk. But if a neighbor stopped and offered, I might have weak enough conviction and accept. I think it's an interesting proposition brought up here - I do not think she was killed where found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New here, but have been following along. Am an avid runner. Aside from noting that its good practice to always run toward oncoming traffic as opposed to bikers who ride with traffic (to speak of what side of the street Shay might have been on) - with this heat wave, runs I typically "crush" at 7:00pm, I need to stop and walk at 1 or 2. I wouldnt call for a ride - I would walk, then run then walk. But if a neighbor stopped and offered, I might have weak enough conviction and accept. I think it's an interesting proposition brought up here - I do not think she was killed where found.

:welcome: Great first post, thanks. Glad to have you here!

I'm sorry to say.

It's not safe for women to go jogging in isolated areas no more.

Now I understand that this is a safe area and your female child is athletic and older.

But still.

These creeps know how to subdue athletic women in isolated areas when the victim is alone.

So please Websleuths.

Tell your daughters that the "dont worry about me jogging solo" Is totally out the window. Jmo

Yes you are correct ! VM made a grave error if the witness ( as posted ) is correct that saw her walking engaged in conversation on her cell. Two things " never" talk on your cell phone it has been proven that rapists look for that figuring their target is unaware and Don't wear your hair Ina pony tail or bun, rapists also. Target these individuals because it is easy to " grab" their hair. Women with short hair are statistically less often attacked. This doesn't mean cut off your hair just pin it under. I will find the link for you all ! And get you daughters " Jogging Mace"..has a strap that fits comfortably and nicely around their hand... Always run, walk confidently..... the majority of attackers don't want a hassle, they want an easy target.

Yes you are correct ! VM made a grave error if the witness ( as posted ) is correct that saw her walking engaged in conversation on her cell. Two things " never" talk on your cell phone it has been proven that rapists look for that figuring their target is unaware and Don't wear your hair Ina pony tail or bun, rapists also. Target these individuals because it is easy to " grab" their hair. Women with short hair are statistically less often attacked. This doesn't mean cut off your hair just pin it under. I will find the link for you all ! And get you daughters " Jogging Mace"..has a strap that fits comfortably and nicely around their hand... Always run, walk confidently..... the majority of attackers don't want a hassle, they want an easy target.

I know it was reporter (according to daily mail) that she was seen walking and talking on her phone.

But I don't think we can say she was still talking on the phone when she was attacked.

If she was in the middle of a conversation with someone, I'd suspect they would have heard something or reported the dropped call once Vanessa was reported missing, in which case I believe LE would have a much tighter timeline as to when she was attacked.

I am very curious as to whether the body was moved too! I'm impatient.

I don't seem to hear LE or any of the analyst throwing that out there though.
The private detective in the FOX25Boston video does make it sound as if the crime happened there on the cart path.
But, if you have followed enough cases here at WS...much can be going on behind the scene while LE plays smoke and mirrors with the information released to the public as they pursue their perp. (maybe wishful thinking, but anything is possible imo at this point.) I want them to get JUSTICE for Vanessa and her lovely family.
jmo

Interesting. I was just looking back at coverage of press conference from Thursday. The DA specifically asked to hear from people who observed vehicles (moving or parked) on Brooks Station Rd during the time frame of 1 to 3 p.m. It struck me that LE doesn't want to hear from people who saw vehicles on Rt 31 or Ball Hill rd during that time frame and makes me think they have physical evidence which suggests she was taken from Brooks Station Rd. The wide open time frame suggests they don't know if she was starting her run/walk or ending it when she taken.

And I agree with the thought that much is going on behind the scenes. I think if they were coming up empty, they would be doing a lot more public outreach for info. Instead, I think they are working on a building a solid case - possibly with the sock man at the forefront.

Good Point, I posted a link " through a rapist's eyes " only because talking on a cell phone while walking alone makes you a very vulnerable target. Is there a possibility that this was an intended rape, not murder that escalated because she " justifiably" fought off her attacker. Doesn't this appear to be more a rape/ assault that escalated ? Dragging into the woods ? A rapist is driven by anger, wouldn't that anger escalate with a fight ? Isn't that why some women are so badly beaten because yes regardless you always fight for your life. Rapists are angry people and angry people are volatile.

I live in a similar area. Long wooded streets with sporadic houses, surrounded by forest. It's easy to drive by and not notice or register the occasional Hunter or hikers car on the side of the road. Running and walking are different. You have the time to notice everything.. The cars are much more apparent, and even as a guy - I keep a close eye on them as I pass. Could they be a danger, etc.... I find it hard to believe if there was a car, and they're were other Walker/runners in the area - that it wouldn't be noticed.

I know it was reporter (according to daily mail) that she was seen walking and talking on her phone.

But I don't think we can say she was still talking on the phone when she was attacked.

If she was in the middle of a conversation with someone, I'd suspect they would have heard something or reported the dropped call once Vanessa was reported missing, in which case I believe LE would have a much tighter timeline as to when she was attacked.
Sorry check my reply above it was meant for you but posted wrong !

In 100% of cases I've followed or learned about, LE always, always, keeps info close to the vest. You can be absolutely assured whatever investigators have in the way of evidence will be far more than the public will ever be privy to. It's not even a maybe, it's an absolute. It's been true for the 20 years I've followed crime cases and it's just as true today.

The public wants to know every last detail, but they/we will never know more than a few tidbits or so until a case is litigated and the info comes out. Until then, curious bystanders will just have to sit tight while the professionals (LE, detectives, scientists, DAs) do their jobs. And, it can take years from the time of an investigation until a case ultimately goes to court. I've seen waits up to 6 years.

In 100% of cases I've followed or learned about, LE always, always, keeps info close to the vest. You can be absolutely assured whatever investigators have in the way of evidence will be far more than the public will ever be privy to. It's not even a maybe, it's an absolute. It's been true for the 20 years I've followed crime cases and it's just as true today.

The public wants to know every last detail, but they/we will never know more than a few tidbits or so until a case is litigated and the info comes out. Until then, curious bystanders will just have to sit tight while the professionals (LE, detectives, scientists, DAs) do their jobs. And, it can take years from the time of an investigation until a case ultimately goes to court. I've seen waits up to 6 years.

So true!

After watching the video, I can't help but see similarities to the attempted abduction/assault on 6/23.
The area with the guard rail right next to the trail (cart path?) seems eerily similar to the scene in that case:

Around 10:30 a.m., a woman jogging along Lyman Street near Talbot Road reported to police that a man tried to grab her from behind.

The woman told police she was running toward the railroad bridge as she noticed a man standing by the railing. Shortly after she passed him, she realized he was running after her, police said.
http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2016/06/men_try_to_abduct_women_in_sep.html

I find it entirely plausible that two assailants (see linked article above) drove past VM, and noticed her jogging.
They stop up the road a ways, one of the assailants jumps out at the trail entrance and waits for her to pass, when she does, he grabs her and pulls her in the woods.

I'm not from the area so please correct me if I'm way off base, just my opinion.

RBBM

Hi CrimeblockerTotally agree, never wear your hair in a pony tail, however I do tend to wear mine in a bun. I was advised by my LE friends to wear it that way, in case of being attacked, try to claw into their eyeballs. IDK, just something I was taught to do.

Thanks ~

jmo :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members