MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 100% of cases I've followed or learned about, LE always, always, keeps info close to the vest. You can be absolutely assured whatever investigators have in the way of evidence will be far more than the public will ever be privy to. It's not even a maybe, it's an absolute. It's been true for the 20 years I've followed crime cases and it's just as true today.

The public wants to know every last detail, but they/we will never know more than a few tidbits or so until a case is litigated and the info comes out. Until then, curious bystanders will just have to sit tight while the professionals (LE, detectives, scientists, DAs) do their jobs. And, it can take years from the time of an investigation until a case ultimately goes to court. I've seen waits up to 6 years.
Absolutely, A Prosecutor builds a case based on what he has close to the Vest but even more importantly than that is the tidbit of information that only the LE ( lead detectives )and the KILLER know. this is their ace in the hole for tripping up the suspect in examination. A perp has trouble knowing what exactly the public knows and what they don't. When he makes a statement like " I heard her teeth were knocked out " and that information has never been made public but her teeth were in fact knocked out than he has in fact incriminated himself. Frustrating for Sleuths to not have all the details. Very difficult to not have all the information and form a hypothesis. This is why there is so much " speculation", factual information is too scarce.

In 100% of cases I've followed or learned about, LE always, always, keeps info close to the vest. You can be absolutely assured whatever investigators have in the way of evidence will be far more than the public will ever be privy to. It's not even a maybe, it's an absolute. It's been true for the 20 years I've followed crime cases and it's just as true today.

The public wants to know every last detail, but they/we will never know more than a few tidbits or so until a case is litigated and the info comes out. Until then, curious bystanders will just have to sit tight while the professionals (LE, detectives, scientists, DAs) do their jobs. And, it can take years from the time of an investigation until a case ultimately goes to court. I've seen waits up to 6 years.

Great Post!

You are 110% correct!
And LE can give out information that can be leading you in one direction, that they might be saying something else. They owe the media nothing except what they provide, they are professionals indeed! I have family and friends in LE!

Thanks ~

jmo :moo:

Ok just making sure I'm following you correctly....there's basically three potential ways she could have gone, correct? South direction and around the loop (passing cart path at about 215), going north around loop (passing cart path just after 115), or the option that would bring her past it twice...running to Mnt Road and back (at a little after 115 and again about an hour later).....

Is that right?

Here are the 4 routes Vanessa tracked through MapMyRun around her parents house. The green is where she started, the red where she finished. I looked at the workout details and she actually spent a good chunk of her "runs", walking. Her pace ranged from 9:36-23:40 through out them. She almost always walked the first mile or so and the other mile paces varied greatly. This obviously makes it harder to pin point her location and get a solid timeline going. Hope this helps.
6d23fe49a230905d847ae29bc86091d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After watching the video, I can't help but see similarities to the attempted abduction/assault on 6/23.
The area with the guard rail right next to the trail (cart path?) seems eerily similar to the scene in that case:

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2016/06/men_try_to_abduct_women_in_sep.html

I find it entirely plausible that two assailants (see linked article above) drove past VM, and noticed her jogging.
They stop up the road a ways, one of the assailants jumps out at the trail entrance and waits for her to pass, when she does, he grabs her and pulls her in the woods.

I'm not from the area so please correct me if I'm way off base, just my opinion.

Here is an article with a sketch of the suspect in that Northborough case:
http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2016/06/police_release_sketch_of_suspe.html

RBBM

Hi CrimeblockerTotally agree, never wear your hair in a pony tail, however I do tend to wear mine in a bun. I was advised by my LE friends to wear it that way, in case of being attacked, try to claw into their eyeballs. IDK, just something I was taught to do.

Thanks ~

Yes ! I had never thought much about the bun but apparently rapists that were interviewed said they target women with pony tails and buns ( easy to grab) but I am confident your LE friends are aware ! Also I think Mace ( Pepper Spray)is a good idea for any women alone and I quite frankly am a big fan of the buddy system whenever possible. The Jogger Mace is great ( a strap that comfortably goes around your fingers and keeps it securely in your hand ! Tough world we are living in ! Be safe !

Didn't he miss work in Monday? I thought he got in a fight with his mother the same day he skipped work. If VM disappeared on Sunday, and wouldn't think a fight happening the following day would be an inciting factor for murder the previous day.

However maybe the fight was because he was already in a funk over commiting murder the day before and his mom was getting under his skin.

maybe he had some scratches/injuries he didn't want to be noticed. Possibly needed some solitude to figure out how to disguise these to go back to work - out in public eye.

maybe he had some scratches/injuries he didn't want to be noticed. Possibly needed some solitude to figure out how to disguise these to go back to work - out in public eye.
Perhaps and maybe the argument with his mother was a reactive response to his post murder stress level. Perhaps the trip to the pond and the no show to work was all about " disposing of her clothes, cell phone etc " which he had removed from the crime scene ? Could this ibe what the walk in the woods is about ? Was LE alone or accompanied by the POI for that walk ?

Perhaps and maybe the argument with his mother was a reactive response to his post murder stress level. Perhaps the trip to the pond and the no show to work was all about " disposing of her clothes, cell phone etc " which he had removed from the crime scene ? Could this ibe what the walk in the woods is about ? Was LE alone or accompanied by the POI for that walk ?

According to another member of this forum, investigators are now looking into registered sex offenders from surrounding towns. So I would think the guy from the video with the ugly socks may be in the clear.

:thinking:

Off-topic:

The long hair bit at least, is baloney.
http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/rape.asp

Back on-topic:

6 o'clock news on CBS 4 says that LE has now received nearly 800 tips.

Hi Dionysia

Honestly, if someone wants to rape you, hair short, long, medium length, they are going to try to rape you/or try.

That article was dated 2011, five years ago, and yet it had some valuable input.

Personally, for my own protection, I wear mine in a bun, as I was informed by LE friends :)

Thanks ~

According to another member of this forum, investigators are now looking into registered sex offenders from surrounding towns. So I would think the guy from the video with the ugly socks may be in the clear.

:thinking:

hi Mevadus,

Do you happen to have a link of the video of some guy in ugly socks? I can't find it.

Thanks ~

Off-topic:

The long hair bit at least, is baloney.
http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/rape.asp

Back on-topic:

6 o'clock news on CBS 4 says that LE has now received nearly 800 tips.

wtf how does a murder in a town with a population of 3500 get so many tips and one in Queens population 2.2 million gets no tips? Cause people in NY don't give a **** they are so wrapped up in themselves. But it's really mind blowing. 800 is a fourth of the population. KV's murder should have got 500,000 tips at the rate

hi Mevadus,

Do you happen to have a link of the video of some guy in ugly socks? I can't find it.

Thanks ~

Google Vanessa Marcotte NECN. Is there any comments anywhere on the net by locals about this video? I was hoping it would spark a discussion but there are only 2 comments on the page

I agree there are similarities and Northborough is not far. This would point at a random assault Serial Jogger / Walker Rapist, if the same.

I'm not sure I think they are related. Northborough is about 35 to 45 minutes from Princeton. So they are close but not that close.

Also both the areas and towns are different in each case. Northborough in general is much busier then Princeton with a ton of business all over the place, including on Lyman street. It's also a hook up point for the mass pike and 495, and Rt 9 (which Lyman crosses) runs through it, so it's a very easy access point for people coming from outside of town....unlike Princeton which has no major roads or highways near it.

Also Northborough is a much bigger town and easier to go unnoticed. Where as in Princeton two Hispanic men would stick out.

Who knows they could be related....but just wanted to point out some of the major differences between the two locations.

Yes ! I had never thought much about the bun but apparently rapists that were interviewed said they target women with pony tails and buns ( easy to grab) but I am confident your LE friends are aware ! Also I think Mace ( Pepper Spray)is a good idea for any women alone and I quite frankly am a big fan of the buddy system whenever possible. The Jogger Mace is great ( a strap that comfortably goes around your fingers and keeps it securely in your hand ! Tough world we are living in ! Be safe !

Personally I think becoming a victim is less about what you where, or if you carry pepper spray then it is about minimizing your vulnerability by constantly being aware of your surroundings and not put yourself in a situation you can be taken advantage of.

By that I mean, if you are alone, avoid walking past areas that someone could easily drag you away quick and there would be no one nearby to deter them.

When I was in grad school in NY for example and had to be at school or the library late and walk home by myself after, I'd alter my route home to only walk on the busier roads where it was more likely others where around and cars would be driving by. I avoided taking the quiet more residential streets because I knew walking there made me much more vulnerable....that if someone had been down there ready to jump out, I simply would have given him an easier chance at being successful.

Also I'm not sure I completed agree with the phone thing. When I am nervous about my surrounding, like I was once trying to find an art gallery in an industrial part of New York and it was getting dark, I always call my my and start talking very loud about where I am and what I see.....I always felt it would be a deterrent to someone who would want to attack me because the person on the other line clearly knows exactly where I am.

Good point! Perhaps LE should go check out the pond area he says he went to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal