MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter if they have her phone can't they just look up the texts with the phone company?

I think it would take some legal procedures, and I'm assuming LE is indeed doing that. I'm not sure how long it takes.

The struggle could have occurred mostly on the way back into the woods. I'm finding it hard to believe that a woman her age would secretly meet with someone in the woods like that. If she had been a teen, I could see that being likely. Especially when her runs were a frequent occurrence. Just my opinion.

Yes but how would she have gotten back into those woods in the first place?

Also I'm a few years older then VM but I did grow up here, and moved to the city in my early/mid 20's.....Moved back since....and additionally I'm female with a similar look, build, and pedigree as VM. I had lots of friends at Bancroft growing up, lots of friends at BU, etc....so Being pretty familiar with that "type" of girl ... I don't think it's as crazy and idea or unlikely as you might think that she may have intentionally met up with someone.

Say she knew this "friend" was troubled or going through something. Or perhaps she had tutored him at one point and developed a relationship that way. With her volunteer past and the big heart her loved ones speak of...if someone reached out to her, or she felt like they needed a friend....she strikes me as the type that wouldn't turn her back on that person....she strikes me as the type to still be reaching out to a struggling friend even if everyone else was ignoring the issue or had turned her back on him. She seems like the type of person others would feel comfortable opening up to in other words.

Thats what I thought but if he was in town center, wouldn't he be giving the interview in front of the whole town and that would defeat the purpose of him removing his shoes?

Why would he be giving the interview in front of the whole town?

*If* the perp ends up living on Brook Station Rd or just off BSR then I tend to lean towards planned. I think he (who ever he is) was waiting for her. He had seen her many times before and knew her routine when she was in town. The homes in that direct area all sit back from the road so he would have had to plan ahead to catch her at the most opportune time. Nothing else makes sense to me at this time. People are creature's of habit and I bet she had a certain time she liked to run.
Further, if it was planned, he knew it was his last chance for a couple weeks because she would be returning to her home in NYC..a now or never type situation depending on whatever was running through his mind..

That video gave me the creeps. Who stands there with just socks on? Unless it's usual for people to come out of their house with no shoes in that area? I'm a NYC girl and obviously can't do that here lol. Why no shoes. He sounds like a young man. Not sure I buy his story. Who takes off of work because they got into a fight with their mother the day before. Question is why did he get into a fight. Seems like the brother was suspicious of him, saw scratches, or the mother told him his brother came home with cuts and scratches and they thought it was suspicious so called their own relative in. Sorry my thoughts are allllll over the place after watching that interview.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

not sure I know what you mean. I went back and re-listened to see if i could spot what you were referencing. Hope you can come back and elaborate. I will go give it another listen in the meantime..
I did notice a change in voice when asked if he knew VM. It was a nervous "no I did not"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

She could have been going to smoke pot or something in which case she might not tell her mom. I'm not saying that's what happened at all, or that she smokes just giving an example of why she might not tell. But if she was meeting someone, surely her texts would indicate who. So i doubt that is the case

I don't use snap chat but if you message someone on it doesn't it disappear quickly? Does anyone know of any other technology ways they could have been in contact for a planned meeting but not have it traced?

She was 5'2 and 115lbs. Definitely petite enough to drag.

If she fought back though she would have been conscious so he would have been dragging a struggling victim who by accounts was likely fighting back and screaming. So that seems like a good distance to drag a fighting victim.

Also I'm a few years older then VM but I did grow up here, and moved to the city in my early/mid 20's.....Moved back since....and additionally I'm female with a similar look, build, and pedigree as VM. I had lots of friends at Bancroft growing up, lots of friends at BU, etc....so Being pretty familiar with that "type" of girl ... I don't think it's as crazy and idea or unlikely as you might think that she may have intentionally met up with someone.

Say she knew this "friend" was troubled or going through something. Or perhaps she had tutored him at one point and developed a relationship that way. With her volunteer past and the big heart her loved ones speak of...if someone reached out to her, or she felt like they needed a friend....she strikes me as the type that wouldn't turn her back on that person....she strikes me as the type to still be reaching out to a struggling friend even if everyone else was ignoring the issue or had turned her back on him. She seems like the type of person others would feel comfortable opening up to in other words.

But if that was the case i think there would be a paper trail. If you two are people are going to meet up its arranged 99.9% of the time on the telephone (text/call) before hand. It could be she was talking to someone on FB messenger and went to meet them. But I don't think if she was meeting someone their would be no trail. Even she had seen someone the night before and they said "meet me in that spot we always used to go to" I'm pretty sure there would be a "I'm heading over now" text. There is the possibility someone she knew caught up with her on her run and said hey can i talk to you a minute but how would that play out? I think if she was meeting someone, there is an electronic trail

*If* the perp ends up living on Brook Station Rd or just off BSR then I tend to lean towards planned. I think he (who ever he is) was waiting for her. He had seen her many times before and knew her routine when she was in town. The homes in that direct area all sit back from the road so he would have had to plan ahead to catch her at the most opportune time. Nothing else makes sense to me at this time. People are creature's of habit and I bet she had a certain time she liked to run.

So in your perspective how does he ambush her and drag a fighting, screaming victim back 30to100 yards in the woods with know one seeing or hearing anything?

I don't use snap chat but if you message someone on it doesn't it disappear quickly? Does anyone know of any other technology ways they could have been in contact for a planned meeting but not have it traced?

Yea maybe thats true I've never used it i don't know

I believe the perp waited at the edge for her to make her way up the street. I, too, am within the same demographic as VM (I'd rather not share as much because I want to remain anonymous as possible since this is a local crime), but I can speak from experience that meeting secretly in the woods is not something I would have done past my early twenties at the oldest. If she had wanted to meet someone, I can't imagine them choosing the woods. It would make far more sense to meet out at a coffee shop/bar/restaurant/etc. VM was independent and I don't think she'd feel the need to hide things like that from her family. Again, this is just my opinion. Many women her age are career women, wives, mothers.

But if that was the case i think there would be a paper trail. If you two are people are going to meet up its arranged 99.9% of the time on the telephone (text/call) before hand. It could be she was talking to someone on FB messenger and went to meet them. But I don't think if she was meeting someone their would be no trail. Even she had seen someone the night before and they said "meet me in that spot we always used to go to" I'm pretty sure there would be a "I'm heading over now" text. There is the possibility someone she knew caught up with her on her run and said hey can i talk to you a minute but how would that play out? I think if she was meeting someone, there is an electronic trail

There could be, but we just might not have heard about it, or it might not be one LE has come across yet.

If they didn't have her phone they can subpoena phone records but that wouldn't give them excess to private messages on SM accounts. Also phone records can take a bit to get.

And, it would mean she didn't tell her mom, which I find strange. I know others disagree, but I don't see Vanessa as someone who feels the need to sneak behind her mother's back. She might not tell her mom everything, but I don't see her lying about going for a run. I think she went for a run and was attacked.

Whether the perp was a stranger or someone she knew, I do not think she was heading to a planned meeting out of the kindness of her heart (or other reasons) and lying to mom by saying she was going for a run.

JMOpinion at the moment.

I agree with this.

The reporter seemed to be in the center for the introduction but I don't think the interview was conducted there as well.

It looked to me like it was either in his driveway...or at the parking lot of Mountain side market.

It's really the only thing close to a hang out place in town. Reporters have been milling around there trying to talk to locals as they come in for coffee and sandwiches. It's possible they happen to talk to this local and he told his story about being fingered....rather then the news learning of it and going to his home.

Town isn't very crowded, so they could have easily interviewed him off to the side and very low key, not like town center at a podium with lots of people type of thing.

I don't think anyone would think twice to see reporters talking to any local on camera so it would be easily overlooked by other patrons of the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator