MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for clarification, do we have a LINK to a report that there was an accelerant and it was IN FACT gasoline?

Links are so helpful. :tantrum:

Another question I have: the reporter who interviewed the guy with socks on, did she notice any scratches on his arms or bruising? He was definitely wearing shorts, so he was probably wearing a t-shirt....

Just for clarification, do we have a LINK to a report that there was an accelerant and it was IN FACT gasoline?

Links are so helpful. :tantrum:

Not that I'm aware. Ive heard it speculated either way. I made an observation earlier on a posted image of the disposal site that it does not look like a site that a wood fire was built.

And furthermore, if one had been built large enough to cause the burns indicated at waste high, it probably would have been burning long enough to clue searchers in to the location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connecticut. And its less common here. I have friends from Maine and get what you are saying, and not quite sure what the "gas vibe" in central mass is like.

But please explain why you believe so about the accelerant?

Limited snowpack last winter followed by a very dry summer has left the woods pretty dry. I think anything beyond a few drops of gas would have resulted in a much more significant fire and corresponding damage to the surrounding brush. If nothing else, there probably would have been enough smouldering to draw attention to the woods - especially that close to the rd. This seems like a more targeted burn. Admittedly, I know nothing about fire investigations so this is just a wag.

I understand. But I think most people driving around on Sunday afternoon with a can of gas in the car either just ran out and their lawnmower is sitting in the middle of the lawn, or they are getting ready to mow and realized they are low. I know it seems like I'm gnit picking the subject, but it's just not ideal to be tooling around with a containor of gas in the car... You drive differently, slower, so it doesn't spill all over the place. You avoid bumps and just want to get the stuff home. You go get it, and go back home... Like milk.

I guess my point, or suspicion is that the perp either had transportation with gas prepared AND intent (meaning pre planned and not impulsive), or had access to a nearby fascility with gas (meaning possibly impulsive). I still feel it unlikely that a vehical could have lurked for 45 (???) minutes in the area unnoticed...

I don't disagree with you about this guy. (And if I have my car I don't drive around with gas ever-just in the old truck)

There was a video posted yesterday I believe that had a reporter showing the crime scene and there were evidence markers in the trees. I am going to try and look for a link but if any one else knows can you post please.

jmo

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/tips-for-princeton-jogger-murder-now-at-750/424956289
Private investigator walks FOX25 through Princeton jogger murder scene

Thanks to the Very Quick WS member, Mevadus who found the video, for my own reference this link above was one I had been thinking of.

JMO

Is it me, or are those the strangest burn marks ever? They appear to be only waist high on the tree, and it doesn't look like they came up the tree from the ground , but rather whoever did this was standing there burning that spot specifically.

This is a good point. It does seem to be weird that the surrounding ground seems relatively un-scorched while there's an indication of flames at 1 meter high...
A possible explanation could be that an aerosol and a lighter were used and the tree was a test area
or
(and please look away for the faint hearted)

perhaps the body was propped up against the tree and and this created a burn-shadow...
If an aerosol and a lighter were used it would be difficult to burn horizontally without the chance of burning hands.

r.e. burn mark on tree: Are there burn
attachment.php
marks on the ground? I don't see any.

this is the spot on the ground where VM was found

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 251
Thank you Camerabug. I see the burn mark area. It's very small and doesn't look like it had a lot of heat at all. Rush job and hopefully there is still a lot of evidence in addition to the DNA.

Thank you Camerabug. I see the burn mark area. It's very small and doesn't look like it had a lot of heat at all. Rush job and hopefully there is still a lot of evidence in addition to the DNA.
Someone here said the police had dug up the area to a degree looking for evidence, as well. I don't have a link or any way to prove that though.

There is a current case of burning remains in Australia this week and the images seem to show an extensive charred area.
Of course it's impossible to compare apples and pears and I draw attention to it only because the fire was still burning when she was discovered, whereas, as far as we know in this case, no flames/smoke etc we reported prior to the discovery.
Websleuths thread here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...le-Burnt-Remains-Found-in-Paddock-18-Aug-2016

But again, any fire built of wood between 1:30 and 2:00 would still be letting off smoke or the aroma of fire.

It's difficult to determine scale from the photo, but could her feet have been where the burn mark on the ground is, while the shoulders, head, arms and hands were on the horizontal log with burns? Assuming the scene wasn't rearranged by investigators. I guess they would have moved stuff around after taking photos.

I don't disagree with you about this guy. (And if I have my car I don't drive around with gas ever-just in the old truck)

Just a FYI, but I don't think there is a gas station within 5 miles of BSR, so definitely 10 minutes out and 10 minutes back, at least. I actually don't think there's a gas station in Princeton.

I wonder what she was wearing that day. Some of those jogging clothes would literally melt, wouldn't they? They would allow for a localized burn..or not. I am in over my head with fire forensics and I'm willing to admit it. They did find a partially burned running shoe.

http://m.telegram.com/article/20160809/NEWS/160809342

is that what he did? He lit her shoes on fire on her feet, wrapped garments around her hands (was she tied up?) and piled the rest of her clothes on her face and lit them. Not much of a fire, but for his twisted mind enough. I hope it was post mortem.

Took a couple closeup pics with my iphone of the video. You can see the very interesting burn marks. Sorry the 2nd pic isn't perfect.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Notice in the picture with the hand, the strange burn mark pattern, and the lack of burns below the dark burned area. The tree to the right in the picture is also burned.

Attachments

• 20160818_191710.jpg
    20160818_191710.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 344
  • 20160818_191752.jpg
    20160818_191752.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 333
I wonder what she was wearing that day. Some of those jogging clothes would literally melt, wouldn't they? They would allow for a localized burn..or not. I am in over my head with fire forensics and I'm willing to admit it. They did find a partially burned running shoe.
http://m.telegram.com/article/20160809/NEWS/160809342

She was found without clothes. If anything melted on her, it would still be there?? Not sure how or when her clothes were removed.

Grisly conversation - so sorry.

Took a couple closeup pics with my iphone of the video. You can see the very interesting burn marks. Sorry the 2nd pic isn't perfect.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Notice in the picture with the hand, the strange burn mark pattern, and the lack of burns below the dark burned area. The tree to the right in the picture is also burned.

Can you tell how tall the trees are? And are the bottoms of the trees free from burn?

Could she have been hanging from something? (I HOPE NOT).

Someone here said the police had dug up the area to a degree looking for evidence, as well. I don't have a link or any way to prove that though.

BBM
That is what the male reporter stated in the video I posted with the screen grab. I was only going by what he stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur