MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If sock <modsnip> is not arrested it's because

- He didn't commit the crime and there's no evidence and/or
- His DNA doesn't match whatever DNA they gathered from the scene and/or the victim or
- For whatever reason they don't have enough evidence to arrest him

Considering all that's needed is probable cause to get an arrest warrant and we're coming up on a week since his DNA was taken, it doesn't appear he's a match to whatever they are testing. Sometimes people are weird and flaky and they are not involved in a murder even though they present with a set of circumstances that makes others scratch their heads. And sometimes they are involved. Police know where sock <modsnip> is; if there's evidence that links him to the scene or the victim they'll get him.
Correct you are. What he did that caused him to fall under suspicion as far as I can tell from MSM reports (grain of salt required):

-His brother (boss?) reported him because he skipped work Monday 8.8
-He was "resting" and watching tv on 8.7
-He went to a local pond after a fight with his mother

In other words, he hasn't got anyone who can vouch for his whereabouts while VM was being murdered-so they took his DNA as a precautionary measure.

This is a case where the family probably should retain an attorney to speak for sock <modsnip> because his attempt at clearing his name isn't very good-unless he is guilty. IMHO
http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...estioned-Him-in-Joggers-Murder-390360461.html

The necn article states : "He denies any involvement, but the interest in him highlights what police are considering."
I am guessing this means he could be on the sex offender registry, as police are considering sex offenders.
On a separate note, judging by his ankles and voice, he seems quite slight. Doesn't necessarily seem like someone who could have overpowered someone so fit as VM.

MOO

I don't think it takes a very large person to overwhelm somebody if you grab them from behind, whack them over the head, pull a gun or knife on them, or something along those lines.

NECN is usually quite reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it takes a very large person to overwhelm somebody if you grab them from behind, whack them over the head, pull a gun or knife on them, or something along those lines.

Plus ankles can be deceiving!

As soon as NECN posts the story, I will link it..but sock <modsnip>is in the news again. It seems he didn't go to work the day VM was killed OR the day after. He has admitted his cell phone was turned off those two days, and he works right near where VM's body was found. His family no longer will comment to NECN...just saw this on necn's alive at 5 newscast. They may repeat it at 6pm on NECN.com.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...ssa-Marcotte-Investigation-DNA-390735071.html

Oh my my

I haven't really given "sock<modsnip>" too much serious thought. What I did find odd is that he said he was at the local pond. I have not seen this discussed here. Where is this pond locals?

If he happened to have mud on his tires, dirt or shrubbery in the cuff of his denims or any other curious evidence from nature, this seemed like an explanation he would use to cover his activities.

Has he been cleared?

Maybe that's where her phone and clothing are.

Wouldn't he (sock<Modsnip>) have signs on him of bruises and scratches from her defensive fight?

Also, a fight with a mother can lead to a desire to take out anger on another woman. Look at that college kid in Florida who had a bad dinner with his fam and then ate someone's face.

FBI is joining the case:
A source tells WBZ that State Police investigators have reached out to the FBI for assistance as they search for the man who had a physical struggle with Vanessa Marcotte before he murdered her, and left her in the woods nearly two weeks ago.
Investigators are also working off the Princeton Police blotter, which shows in the week after the murder, the tiny department took more than four times as many calls as usual.
The blotter shows 91 calls in seven days, including 31 suspicious vehicle reports and 18 suspicious person reports. Calls included &#8220;Male walking on railroad tracks near Brooks Station Road,&#8221; and &#8220;Suspicious male in Pick-up truck&#8230;&#8221;
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/08/19/state-police-princeton-jogger-murder-fbi-vanessa-marcotte/

Enough. From the OP:

[just a note, since we don't the man's name it is acceptable to refer to him as Socks or the UI DNA guy but please avoid other variations - thanks]

Maybe that's where her phone and clothing are.

If we have thought about this, I'm sure LE has too. They don't tell us their every move of course but I wouldn't doubt they took dogs (and other resource) to local bodies of water to search around. I'm sure they know which "pond" he visited. JMO

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and have been lurking for a few days, reading this thread and the previous one about Vanessa. I cannot seem to find if they ever revealed how she died. Did they release this information? Also, does anyone know when she was reported missing? Thanks very much

attachment.php
We have been discussing how dry the woods are and I found this map on Twitter

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/RegionalDroughtMonitor.aspx?northeast

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 246
If we have thought about this, I'm sure LE has too. They don't tell us their every move of course but I wouldn't doubt they took dogs (and other resource) to local bodies of water to search around. I'm sure they know which "pond" he visited. JMO
Wonder if any divers have been seen in the ponds in Princeton...my musings of course....

IF the fbi are getting involved does that mean <modsnip> has been cleared?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and have been lurking for a few days, reading this thread and the previous one about Vanessa. I cannot seem to find if they ever revealed how she died. Did they release this information? Also, does anyone know when she was reported missing? Thanks very much

No it has not been released. Investigation is on-going. Her mom got worried when she did not return from her jog and called police.

"Vanessa Marcotte left her mother's home to go jogging at approximately 1:00 p.m., on Sunday. Police believe that she was murdered sometime between then, and around 4:00 p.m. Her body was discovered just around 8:20 p.m., after scent dogs were used in the area. The location of her body was just around a half mile from her mother's home, in a heavily wooded area."- http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2016/08/who-killed-missing-google-employee-vanessa-marcotte-001057511.html

Also: PRINCETON -- While law enforcement said they can't specify the exact timeline to their response when jogger Vanessa Marcotte was reported missing, they did detail the heavy response that eventually led to the discovery of her body. http://masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2016/08/police_detail_heavy_response_t.html Hope this helps.

I haven't really given <modsnip> too much serious thought.
g.png

IF the fbi are getting involved does that mean <modsnip> has been cleared?

Could be a number of reasons...a crime crossed state lines, there's reason to believe there's more victims...who knows what angle they are working. It's interesting for sure. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member