MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any know what kind of assistance they are asking from the FBI? Like there is specific evidence but they need advanced forensic techniques to be applied to, or more like we're at a dead end and need you to assist?

I have put together this timeline and all info is taken from media reports:

Timeline Sunday August 7, 2016... for the Vanessa Marcotte murder case

12:00pm Police believe VM had been at Mountainside Market (23 Hubbardston Rd) at noon for a drink

1:00pm Vanessa Marcotte leave her mothers home to go jogging

1:43pm Westminster PD logs show motorcycle crash at intersection of Mile Hill Rd and Worcester Rd

2:25pm VM's cell phone pinged a tower located across the street of Mountain Barn Restaurant (174 Worcester Rd)

2:30pm Man w/ injuries on arms + woman arrived at Wachusett Mountain (499 Mountain Rd). Some reports say the arrived aprox. 2pm

3:00pm The time frame VM was murdered in ended, According to police timeframe was between 1:00pm and 3:00 pm

3:50pm VM's family reported VM missing, one other report says 3pm.

4:30pm NBR,19, said VM's aunt approached him at his home (Ball Hill Rd) looking for VM (some reports says 3 or 4pm)

7:15pm Employee at Mountainside Market (23 Hubbardston Rd) said police stopped by and said
they believed VM had been at the market around noon for a drink.

8:00pm Residents near Brooks St Rd received a “Robo-call” asking them to lookout for the missing woman VM.

8:20pm VM's body found by state police K9 in woods of Brooks St Rd, 1/2 mile from her mothers home

Please feel free to add additional or more accurate information if you have any.

Wouldn't he (sock<Modsnip>) have signs on him of bruises and scratches from her defensive fight?
I have asked this, does anyone know, if it has been mentioned yet whether he has any signs of bruises or scratches?

Do you think he could have used the old " My dog ran off into the woods " and she willingly agreed to help because she recognized him ???

Not a bad theory. In fact if she didn't even recognize the person but he looked either young or completely harmless or both she might have tried to help. Being practically in her own back yard so to speak she may have wanted to be "neighborly".

The other thought I had was that someone driving by just happened to see her walking down into the path herself and it was a completely random crime.
Why would she be walking down the path? Well, even though she was very close to "home" and could have walked there in 8 minutes or so, she had a digestive disease. It's possible she needed to make an emergency pit stop and wasn't sure she'd make it back in time, and when she passed the trail opening she decided to not risk having an accident. Even for people without a disease that could cause issues, "runners trots" are a real thing and in my experience (both my own years of running and running with other people) having to unexpectedly dash off into the woods is more common than anyone cares to admit. (Except to the other runners: we used to love to share those sorts of horror stories. Up there with talking about injuries.).

I have put together this timeline and all info is taken from media reports:

Timeline Sunday August 7, 2016... for the Vanessa Marcotte murder case

12:00pm Police believe VM had been at Mountainside Market (23 Hubbardston Rd) at noon for a drink

1:00pm Vanessa Marcotte leave her mothers home to go jogging

1:43pm Westminster PD logs show motorcycle crash at intersection of Mile Hill Rd and Worcester Rd

2:25pm VM's cell phone pinged a tower located across the street of Mountain Barn Restaurant (174 Worcester Rd)

2:30pm Man w/ injuries on arms + woman arrived at Wachusett Mountain (499 Mountain Rd). Some reports say the arrived aprox. 2pm

3:00pm The time frame VM was murdered in ended, According to police timeframe was between 1:00pm and 3:00 pm

3:50pm VM's family reported VM missing, one other report says 3pm.

4:30pm NBR,19, said VM's aunt approached him at his home (Ball Hill Rd) looking for VM (some reports says 3 or 4pm)

7:15pm Employee at Mountainside Market (23 Hubbardston Rd) said police stopped by and said
they believed VM had been at the market around noon for a drink.

8:00pm Residents near Brooks St Rd received a &#8220;Robo-call&#8221; asking them to lookout for the missing woman VM.

8:20pm VM's body found by state police K9 in woods of Brooks St Rd, 1/2 mile from her mothers home

Please feel free to add additional or more accurate information if you have any.

Thanks for the timeline.

Dont' cops think car was involved? So would sock <modsnip> have to be old enough to drive

Not a bad theory. In fact if she didn't even recognize the person but he looked either young or completely harmless or both she might have tried to help. Being practically in her own back yard so to speak she may have wanted to be "neighborly".

The other thought I had was that someone driving by just happened to see her walking down into the path herself and it was a completely random crime.
Why would she be walking down the path? Well, even though she was very close to "home" and could have walked there in 8 minutes or so, she had a digestive disease. It's possible she needed to make an emergency pit stop and wasn't sure she'd make it back in time, and when she passed the trail opening she decided to not risk having an accident. Even for people without a disease that could cause issues, "runners trots" are a real thing and in my experience (both my own years of running and running with other people) having to unexpectedly dash off into the woods is more common than anyone cares to admit. (Except to the other runners: we used to love to share those sorts of horror stories. Up there with talking about injuries.).

I would second this as a very real possibility even without digestive issues.

Could be a number of reasons...a crime crossed state lines, there's reason to believe there's more victims...who knows what angle they are working. It's interesting for sure. JMO

The FBI also provides a variety of specialized services that are available to any small law enforcement agency that doesn't have the resources to hire their own expertise. Things like analyzing computers and cell phones, tracking somebody's online footprint, profiling, and on and on. It could be almost anything.

Did Vanessa have some kind of digestive issues? I didn't see that (or recall)?
yes, the GF Me account in her honor states she was diagnosed in the winter of 2015 with Crohn's Disease
(we aren't allowed to link directly to that site, but if you want verification, it's the contribution site's url + /vanessamarcotte )

It is now almost 2 weeks since Vanessa marcotte was found murdered and there's STILL no word on Vanessa's cause of death,
neither any confirmation by police on whether Vanessa had been sexual assaulted.

I wonder WHY the police have chosen NOT to share how Vanessa was killed and whether Vanessa had been sexual assaulted ?

In the Karina Vetrano's murder case, which in many ways seem to be very similar to Vanessa's murder,
police shared Karina Vetrano's cause of death, and that she had been sexual assaulted, the day after her murder.

Yes, I find that fundamentally strange as well. If only for the reason that they assuredly know but won't tell.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

It is now almost 2 weeks since Vanessa marcotte was found murdered and there's STILL no word on Vanessa's cause of death,
neither any confirmation by police on whether Vanessa had been sexual assaulted.

I wonder WHY the police have chosen NOT to share how Vanessa was killed and whether Vanessa had been sexual assaulted ?

In the Karina Vetrano's murder case, which in many ways seem to be very similar to Vanessa's murder,
police shared Karina Vetrano's cause of death, and that she had been sexual assaulted, the day after her murder.

Yes. I thought we'd get info after the funeral. but nothing. I can see holding back details only the perp would know, but the public has received no updates at all. The public (IMO) can be very useful and should be informed!

In case anyone missed it....remember to call him "SOCKS" (person interviewed on video by media)....nothing more, nothing less.
We are running the MODS legs off LOL They are having to edit everything. Let's cut down their work load. Hope this helps. We got a great group here! :grouphug:

It hurts my heart to think about how he lured her or got her. She was SO sweet and caring. Gosh, I could see her trying to help someone or at least listening to what they had to say..getting kinda close. I realize the community would feel better in knowing more about her crime but LE probably isn't sharing much because they want it to FIT and STICK...charges wise. Everything close to the vest. Bummer for us. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710