MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For one it doesn't appear there are any parking spots at the cemetery. Not that he couldn't have parked there, but there dosnt appear to be a place to park.

Secondly it seems unlikely he could have parked there, walked too, and back from the place her body was found, and never seen by anyone with houses right there, on a road no one goes unless you live on it.

It also seems like btw those two points it would have been quite a distance to carry things and the risk of being spotted increased.

I'm not sure after carefully viewing this image of that area, I believe parking at that cemetery and walking was really a feasible method. Of course that's just my opinion.

Others might see different things looking at this image then I do.

It is not known yet where he parked , if a vehicle was used , but it appears from the photo, the cemetery can't be ruled out. He could have walked through the trees in the wooded area.

That is ALL private property though with houses close by. It is not a short distance, and he would have stuck out. It seems like too far a distance, with too high a risk of being seen, at least in my opinion.

Also parking there is unlikely to have caused LE to have reason to ask for car sighting on BSR btw 1-3.

That is ALL private property though with houses close by. It is not a short distance, and he would have stuck out. It seems like too far a distance, with too high a risk of being seen, at least in my opinion.

Also parking there is unlikely to have caused LE to have reason to ask for car sighting on BSR btw 1-3.

You asked for an opinion regarding a photo you posted in here. I gave opinion. Now, you seem to want to argue. I am not here to argue.

You asked for an opinion regarding a photo you posted in here. I gave opinion. Now, you seem to want to argue. I am not here to argue.

I wasn't arguing. I was explaining why I felt this would have been difficult.

Exploring ideas and vetting them out, means we have to question things and explore there liklehood and to do so we must explain our line of thinking. That is all I was doing. It is not personal, it is not an attack on you, and it is not an argument.

It is merely exploring the theory. And to me that is called a conversation, not an argument.

I love this spirited, pressure testing of our thinking. I really think we are making progress on our theories.

Ok. Back to the car. Obviously LE put that out there for a reason. If not the cemetery, where is the most likely place the Perp parked, given all the aforementioned factors. (Quick getaway, detection, etc.)
The location and time of day were so risky; it's truly baffling. He must have been rabid/psychotic to take such a risk.

Ok. Back to the car. Obviously LE put that out there for a reason. If not the cemetery, where is the most likely place the Perp parked, given all the aforementioned factors. (Quick getaway, detection, etc.)
The location and time of day were so risky; it's truly baffling. He must have been rabid/psychotic to take such a risk.

I believe he parked at the path and they found tire tracks there. At least he was there at some point since that is where she was found. But I believe that is the reason for LE asking that.

My opinion only!

Say for the moment a car picked her up there shortly after she set out, perhaps they weren't planning to kill her so weren't trying the evade detection at that point. Which would leave the only time they had to park, as the time he would have to have left her body there. So IF that was the scenario, would he have been able to just pull over and into that path a bit. And been able to carry her back?

I know If I was driving that road and saw a car pulled over there, I wouldn't think much of it. The roads around here are all heavily wooded like that, and there are lots of cart paths or fire roads, leading into the woods like that throughout them all. It not uncommon to see cars parked at spits like this, so it might have only stuck out to people in retrospect.

Just a thought.

I believe he parked at the path and they found tire tracks there. At least he was there at some point since that is where she was found. But I believe that is the reason for LE asking that.

My opinion only!

Ok. Good. This, and what the accelerant was are what I'm digging in to.
Regarding the car, would this have been private property I believe someone said? Is this an area where people would frequently hike? Isn't Sunday when people go visit loved ones at the cemetery? Again, seems sooo risky.
And the accelerant. Any forensic people on this thread that could school us up on how to detect what accelerant might have been used? If not, I'll do some research. burn pattern should tell a lot, and of course the residue being analyzed in the lab.

Say for the moment a car picked her up there shortly after she set out, perhaps they weren't planning to kill her so weren't trying the evade detection at that point. Which would leave the only time they had to park, as the time he would have to have left her body there. So IF that was the scenario, would he have been able to just pull over and into that path a bit. And been able to carry her back?

I know If I was driving that road and saw a car pulled over there, I wouldn't think much of it. The roads around here are all heavily wooded like that, and there are lots of cart paths or fire roads, leading into the woods like that throughout them all. It not uncommon to see cars parked at spits like this, so it might have only stuck out to people in retrospect.

Just a thought.

In fact in the police log there was a call that a car was parked on BSR. It wasn't clear if that car was the day of the call or the caller was refering to the day of disappearance. I will try to find the link.

ETA: This is not the log, but;
"Calls included “Male walking on railroad tracks near Brooks Station Road,” and “Suspicious male in Pick-up truck…”
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/08/19/state-police-princeton-jogger-murder-fbi-vanessa-marcotte/

I will continue to look for the actual log link

Ok. Good. This, and what the accelerant was are what I'm digging in to.
Regarding the car, would this have been private property I believe someone said? Is this an area where people would frequently hike? Isn't Sunday when people go visit loved ones at the cemetery? Again, seems sooo risky.
And the accelerant. Any forensic people on this thread that could school us up on how to detect what accelerant might have been used? If not, I'll do some research. burn pattern should tell a lot, and of course the residue being analyzed in the lab.

Just filling in some food for thought. That cemetery is really old, as in anyone who knew anyone in there is long gone themselves. So it probably doesn't get a lot of visitors.

But yes that whole dead end road (Connors lane) is private property.

This area wouldn't really be were people hike because it is private property all through, is about 3 miles long and .5-1mile wide but surrounded on all side by road, so there aren't really any trails there that could go anywhere. Most people who go to Princeton to hike would go to the mountain.

In fact in the police log there was a call that a car was parked on BSR. It wasn't clear if that car was the day of the call or the caller was refering to the day of disappearance. I will try to find the link.

ETA: This is not the log, but;
"Calls included “Male walking on railroad tracks near Brooks Station Road,” and “Suspicious male in Pick-up truck…”
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/08/19/state-police-princeton-jogger-murder-fbi-vanessa-marcotte/

I will continue to look for the actual log link

Do you mean this one;

5:49 a.m. Caller reports seeing a white vehicle parked on side
of Brooks Station Rd. on Sunday around 3 p.m.

It's was called in on Tuesday the 9th, and published in the August 18th landmark. If you google landmark police log August 18th and scroll down to Princeton you can find it,.

This is all I see for the 7th:
"Sunday, August 7
3:58 p.m. Caller reports loose stallion, Ball Hill Rd.
8:45 p.m. Caller reports person in pickup truck stopped
and inquired about missing female, Mountain Rd.
10:43 p.m. Caller reports something in the woods, Sam
Cobb Lane
Princeton Police responded to two burglar alarms
Editor’s note: Logs are complete as given to the paper. A
call regarding a missing jogger on Aug. 7 did not appear in
the Princeton Police logs given to The Landmark."

http://www.thelandmark.com/news/2016-08-11/Fire_(and)_Police/Police_Notebook.html

But if you have a link for the white car report that would help

This is all I see for the 7th:
"Sunday, August 7
3:58 p.m. Caller reports loose stallion, Ball Hill Rd.
8:45 p.m. Caller reports person in pickup truck stopped
and inquired about missing female, Mountain Rd.
10:43 p.m. Caller reports something in the woods, Sam
Cobb Lane
Princeton Police responded to two burglar alarms
Editor’s note: Logs are complete as given to the paper. A
call regarding a missing jogger on Aug. 7 did not appear in
the Princeton Police logs given to The Landmark."

http://www.thelandmark.com/news/2016-08-11/Fire_(and)_Police/Police_Notebook.html

But if you have a link for the white car report that would help

It's in the link you posted. It's in the August 18th Landmark.....and it's under the Tuesday August 9th date.

The call was reported exactly as I stated because I copy and pasted it, it's the first entry for Princeton for that date. It would have been the Tuesday after the murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans