MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry , but I just don't see this sicko who did this as being a friend her age . Maybe an association, but not a secret friend or boyfriend.

Respectfully I disagree. I think it was a peer. What the nature of their relationship was I don't have a clue, there could be many possibilities. But I do think the strongest likelihood, in my mind, is that they were known to each other.

It is hard to know whether she changed the settings due to a specific incident of her own or whether she saw incidents elsewhere that led her to decide to be more private or someone suggested in general that it would be for the better for her to do.

LE should question her friends, family, and associates vigorously on this point

There may have been mistakes by the killer, but it also seems the killer knows exactly what they are doing , could have done this before or crimes before - as the case is not solved yet.

Respectfully I disagree. I think it was a peer. What the nature of their relationship was I don't have a clue, there could be many possibilities. But I do think the strongest likelihood, in my mind, is that they were known to each other.

Thank you for 'respectfully' disagreeing.

What information reported leads you to thinking a peer?

Thank you for 'respectfully' disagreeing.

What information reported leads you to thinking a peer?

Fundamentally because it's far more common to be killed by someone you know then it is to be killed by a stranger.

And that's just the hunch I get in this case.

Yes that is true and could be anyone she knew, any age or circumstance. However, there are more cases lately involving strangers. Overall, I think it is great law enforcement are taking their time to be thorough and probably considering everything.

Thanks for your comments to me, Kickoff and Roses. Very much appreciated. I'm really glad to be part of this forum.

As for my mention of accelerant, taser, etc. I was trying throw out some ideas. If he's on that path, he's got to silence her quickly and gain control over her. What's the fastest, easiest way to do that?

For the burn marks on the pics posted - do they looked directed or like something that was part of an actual fire? Did he mean to burn the entire body and ran out of time? Or direct the burning at specific parts (face, hands, feet)? Were the clothes burned - I can't recall. The idea that he wanted to burn the entire body seems unlikely - way too much flame and smoke would result. So he's trying to destroy DNA on the face and hands but why the feet? Is there another reason?

One thing about fire - to start any type of fire would probably require more than a lighter. So he planned it. And he left her nude. That speaks of hatred and rage, maybe toward her but maybe toward what she stood for. A young, beautiful, educated, single, successful woman who lived in an exciting city.

I do think it would be easy to cut through those woods from the cemetery to the path. It's heavily wooded, a simple matter to stay out of sight of the road and the houses. Maybe there is even a place at the cemetery where a car could be parked out of sight. Again, this could be wrong. There are lots of ways it could have happened.

Another thing I saw on here was a comment about the ritualistic aspects of burning head, hands, feet. What might that represent?

Not seeing map my run as a viable stalking tool. I did however see it as a possible way to track her final position. I believe, however, that unless you have a premium account (which is not expensive yet hardly worth it) which uploads work outs "in progress", uploads and positioning are not uploaded until you click "end workout". I think it's fair to say VM never hit that button that day.

It makes me wonder in cases like this, how much information does "Google" have that could help. There are so many apps that track locations. It's hard to believe they can't cross reference "paths" of others who were within the area between 1 and 3 that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your comments to me, Kickoff and Roses. Very much appreciated. I'm really glad to be part of this forum.

As for my mention of accelerant, taser, etc. I was trying throw out some ideas. If he's on that path, he's got to silence her quickly and gain control over her. What's the fastest, easiest way to do that?

For the burn marks on the pics posted - do they looked directed or like something that was part of an actual fire? Did he mean to burn the entire body and ran out of time? Or direct the burning at specific parts (face, hands, feet)? Were the clothes burned - I can't recall. The idea that he wanted to burn the entire body seems unlikely - way too much flame and smoke would result. So he's trying to destroy DNA on the face and hands but why the feet? Is there another reason?

One thing about fire - to start any type of fire would probably require more than a lighter. So he planned it. And he left her nude. That speaks of hatred and rage, maybe toward her but maybe toward what she stood for. A young, beautiful, educated, single, successful woman who lived in an exciting city.

I do think it would be easy to cut through those woods from the cemetery to the path. It's heavily wooded, a simple matter to stay out of sight of the road and the houses. Maybe there is even a place at the cemetery where a car could be parked out of sight. Again, this could be wrong. There are lots of ways it could have happened.

We don't know that her face was burned at all. :

http://www.wcvb.com/news/questions-remain-nearly-two-months-after-vanessa-marcotte-killing/41814338

"Questions remain nearly two months after Vanessa Marcotte killing
Marcotte found dead with burns to her head, hands, feet"

That's all the detail that's ever been released.

FYI if you happen to watch the CBS JonBenet Ramsey special, one thing they did demonstrate is that a taser wouldn't silence anyone, it would make them scream and draw attention.

Regarding the flame, it feels like he was trying to erase her identity which feels personal to me.

Or Perhaps the burning wasn't to cover DNA but to cover other evidence, like fibers on her shoes if she had been in his car.

last thing is having supplies on him doesn't neccasarily mean he planned it. It could also be he had certain tools on him due to his profession or perhaps a hobby as. Im not sure we can deduce with certainty it was planned.

You are welcome. You have contributed some very good points.

It appears he was trying to get rid of evidence linking him to the crime.

It is heartbreaking what her family is going through. And also the community having to think about someone nearby who can do something so horrific like this. I do believe it will be solved. Prayers for everyone.

If he wasn't expecting her to have something on her to fight with or just the strength in fight in general, this could have led to a situation he was not expecting, then having to make an attempt to cover it up. IF supplies were not on him to do this covering up and he lived nearby, it would not be difficult to get something to do so.

It sounds like there is a lot of woods in the area for him to walk through without being seen and also if there is a cemetery, a car able to be parked there as well. There are many possibilities. Without more information it is not possible to be certain about any particular scenario, but many good points being made here.

Another thing I saw on here was a comment about the ritualistic aspects of burning head, hands, feet. What might that represent?

I suggested up thread the placements of the burns mimic the wounds of the crucifixion of Christ. Then, the cemetery so close by. Sounds a bit far fetched, but who knows.

IF this killer has done crime before , possible indication..doing this now in broad daylight.....but never been caught before, he could also have mastered appearing normal, fine, friendly, etc.

Here is a map that shows the cemetery in relation to where she was found. The purple marker being her bodies location, the cemetery is in the top right.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member