MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course this is just my opinion...

BUT I do feel fairly strongly that the chances of someone from outside the community coming into Princeton, picking that spot, parking over a mile away, tramping through the woods with his supplies, laying in wait that some female might run by alone, and then jumping out and grabbing her, dragging her back further down the path, murdering her, and setting her in fire, all with no one hearing or seeing anything, to fall some where btw, slim and none.

Perhaps when the facts are revealed, I'll eat crow, we'll see. I just cant see the premise of a boogieman in the woods scenario being liklest in this case.

Agree, the chances of a random guy waiting in a remote area for some woman to run by are negligible. It's got to be someone who knew her, or at least knew of her jogging pattern. Most likely someone who knew her. I just wouldn't rule out the possibility of the perp being someone from NYC who knew her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree that we shouldn't limit our thinking at all.

Do we know if VM wore her nails short or long? I'm trying to gauge how much damage she might have done to the Perp.
Either he is from NYC, or he went in to hiding. Is his family protecting him? This is a high profile crime in that area, who has been missing from view or work?! It's not that big a community....
Someone is protecting the Perp, and they are cowardly. Speculation only.

It just appears that no matter how much he may have experience planning things, that if she 'unexpectedly' fought so much, it all went wrong for him and turned into a 'rushed' situation, limited time, mistakes made. And as I have mentioned before , he may have not expected the successful search so fast. IF he had planned to go back in the dark to cover up more - that was stopped.
it's hard for me to imagine that he wouldn't have known how quickly she would be found. In my opinion I don't think he planned to go back in the dark, because he knew they would be out looking for her at that time.

Unfortunately, yes. Most cemeteries now have survelliance, etc for this sad reason. Lots of teenage pranks, and far more serious deviancies. I won't ruin your day by posting them here, but such data is easily available by a search.

Wow that's weird. Thanks.

Agree, the chances of a random guy waiting in a remote area for some woman to run by are negligible. It's got to be someone who knew her, or at least knew of her jogging pattern. Most likely someone who knew her. I just wouldn't rule out the possibility of the perp being someone from NYC who knew her.

It would have been quite the tricky them for him to do, to follow her all the way up to mass. Not impossible of course, but it would have taken a whole different level of planning.

VM normally took the bus to Worcester. There is no public transportation btw the bus stop and Princeton, so it's unlikely they could have directly followed her, but rather would have known where she lived. But even in that case, where would he hide out? There isn't much business in Princeton, and no places he could have stayed and watched her from.

No attempt was made to conceal the body. He got the hell out of there. Location provided enough privacy to commit the crime or dump - he had some familiarity with the area. Must have.

Do we know if VM wore her nails short or long? I'm trying to gauge how much damage she might have done to the Perp.
Either he is from NYC, or he went in to hiding. Is his family protecting him? This is a high profile crime in that area, who has been missing from view or work?! It's not that big a community....

The immediate community of Princeton is about 3.5k. But Princeton is part of the Wachusett District, sharing both a school, system, and a news paper (the landmark) with 4 other towns. All 5 towns in many ways are like one bigger town, with five "villages". The 5 towns are: Holden, Paxton, Princeton, Rutland, and Sterling....all together it's about 40K.

It would have been quite the tricky them for him to do, to follow her all the way up to mass. Not impossible of course, but it would have taken a whole different level of planning.

VM normally took the bus to Worcester. There is no public transportation btw the bus stop and Princeton, so it's unlikely they could have directly followed her, but rather would have known where she lived. But even in that case, where would he hide out? There isn't much business in Princeton, and no places he could have stayed and watched her from.

That's where a car would have come into the picture. The perp could have known where she lived, and where she went jogging. I don't think this was a case of someone waiting by the side of the road and pulling her into the woods. That would have been too risky - the ensuing struggle could have attracted attention.

I feel strongly there was a car involved, and she was lured into or close to the car by someone she knew, and perhaps knew well. Which is why the NYC angle shouldn't be ruled out. And the car would have enabled the perp to drive all the way to her area. The lack of public transport wouldn't have stood as an impediment.

That's where a car would have come into the picture. The perp could have known where she lived, and where she went jogging. I don't think this was a case of someone waiting by the side of the road and pulling her into the woods. That would have been too risky - the ensuing struggle could have attracted attention.

I feel strongly there was a car involved, and she was lured into or close to the car by someone she knew, and perhaps knew well. Which is why the NYC angle shouldn't be ruled out. And the car would have enabled the perp to drive all the way to her area. The lack of public transport wouldn't have stood as an impediment.

I don't doubt that a car was involved but i don't think that points to it being someone from New York. I think their plates would have stuck ou as well.

Also if she was running in indelic Princeton and someone she knows from NYC rolls up, it's going to seem way more then bizarre, and I doubt they would be able to lure her. I think it would totally creep her out.

I'm certainly not saying the NYC angle is impossible, but princetons remoteness complicates things significantly which makes me think it's quite unlikely. Are you familiar with the area? Or the drive btw NYC and Princeton by chance?

How would he even know where that cart path was? Or know exactly when she'd be running, or what route she'd take etc?

Not sure if I'm overstating, but most of us seem to agree she was taken somewhere on BSR, which makes the most sense despite the cell tower ping. Two witnesses saw her and there are no reports of her on either Rt 31 or Ball State Rd. 31 is much busier than BSR and she would have been spotted by someone. We also know (I think) police searched the site and seem to have focused on the cart path, where body was found and some evidence of burning exists, as well as the junction at Connor Lane, Boylston, Radford, and BSR.

A car driving along BSR and taking her seems a little problematic. If this was planned, for a car to wait on BSR would be odd and someone would likely notice. Even a car pulling in or out of the cart path twice strikes me as problematic because of the risk involved. There isn't a ton of traffic on BSR but there is some. One scenario I wonder about is:

The killer knows she runs that route on Sundays at around 1ish before she leaves. He also knows she's home that weekend. So he parks his car at the cemetery, which is out of sight to anyone but a person visiting it (it's a small cemetery and can't be that busy; I've been there and seen no one). He takes his accelerant/blowtorch/taser/etc and cuts through the woods about a half mile to the cart path, where he waits for her to walk by, because she usually walks at the beginning of the her runs. She's got her headphones on and isn't on guard, like she would be in the city. She feels safe and he surprises her, silences and/or incapacitates her, drags her down the path out of site, kills her, etc, burns her post-mortem and leaves the body to be found. This could all be done fairly quickly.

He then cuts back through the woods to the cemetery, gets in his car, pulls into the road and drives off. Like the cemetery, Connor Lane is extremely quiet. There is only 1 house set back from the road. Then there's the cemetery on the opposite site at the end of a little drive. You can't see most of it from the road. At the end of the Connor lane is an open gate that looks like the way to a single house (not sure if it is or not). Even if by some odd chance someone sees a car pull onto BSR or Boylston St. from Connor Lane, they're probably not going to pay much attention.

It's a risky crime and this strikes me as the least risky way to pull it off. Maybe? The biggest risk is the fire and maybe that's the signature. There are easier, more effective ways (bleach, for one) to destroy DNA.

Not sure if I'm overstating, but most of us seem to agree she was taken somewhere on BSR, which makes the most sense despite the cell tower ping. Two witnesses saw her and there are no reports of her on either Rt 31 or Ball State Rd. 31 is much busier than BSR and she would have been spotted by someone. We also know (I think) police searched the site and seem to have focused on the cart path, where body was found and some evidence of burning exists, as well as the junction at Connor Lane, Boylston, Radford, and BSR.

A car driving along BSR and taking her seems a little problematic. If this was planned, for a car to wait on BSR would be odd and someone would likely notice. Even a car pulling in or out of the cart path twice strikes me as problematic because of the risk involved. There isn't a ton of traffic on BSR but there is some. One scenario I wonder about is:

The killer knows she runs that route on Sundays at around 1ish before she leaves. He also knows she's home that weekend. So he parks his car at the cemetery, which is out of sight to anyone but a person visiting it (it's a small cemetery and can't be that busy; I've been there and seen no one). He takes his accelerant/blowtorch/taser/etc and cuts through the woods about a half mile to the cart path, where he waits for her to walk by, because she usually walks at the beginning of the her runs. She's got her headphones on and isn't on guard, like she would be in the city. She feels safe and he surprises her, silences and/or incapacitates her, drags her down the path out of site, kills her, etc, burns her post-mortem and leaves the body to be found. This could all be done fairly quickly.

He then cuts back through the woods to the cemetery, gets in his car, pulls into the road and drives off. Like the cemetery, Connor Lane is extremely quiet. There is only 1 house set back from the road. Then there's the cemetery on the opposite site at the end of a little drive. You can't see most of it from the road. At the end of the Connor lane is an open gate that looks like the way to a single house (not sure if it is or not). Even if by some odd chance someone sees a car pull onto BSR or Boylston St. from Connor Lane, they're probably not going to pay much attention.

It's a risky crime and this strikes me as the least risky way to pull it off. Maybe? The biggest risk is the fire and maybe that's the signature. There are easier, more effective ways (bleach, for one) to destroy DNA.
How do you know she walks before she runs? Wasn't she a half mile from her mom's place.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

A vehicle could have been used for only part of the crime too. Speculating example: If he was on foot , then used vehicle to go back to cover things up.

Yes cowardly. IF 'anyone' knows anything they need to call the tip line.

How do you know she walks before she runs? Wasn't she a half mile from her mom's place.

She used a phone app that tracked her runs. At some point - I think last year - she changed the privacy setting on the app, but several posters were able to analyze earlier runs and noted that she routinely walked part of the route. Given how hot and humid it was that day, I think it is reasonable to surmise she was walking. And yes, she was approx .5 miles from her Mom's place.

Someone who knows the person who did this , knows things and has to know something is wrong and must do the right thing and report it.

Not sure. Witness saw her on BSR talking on phone and walking. I also believe Early may have said walking

I'm new to this thread but I'm not sure these kinds of quotes help. We don't know if anyone is protecting the perp and if they are we don't know the circumstances, what they know or don't and whether they've called in a tip. Also, we're talking about a killer who committed a brutal crime, has likely done it before and may well do so again.
Yes cowardly. IF 'anyone' knows anything they need to call the tip line.

There has been a lot of talk about it being a small community and earlier on people speaking to the media with their reactions and concerns. It is understandable people are very alert due to public safety. There could be someone standing out, acting out of character, minimizing or avoiding the situation.

I'm new to this thread but I'm not sure these kinds of quotes help. We don't know if anyone is protecting the perp and if they are we don't know the circumstances, what they know or don't and whether they've called in a tip. Also, we're talking about a killer who committed a brutal crime, has likely done it before and may well do so again.

I apologize. You are correct. We don't know. And yes it is a brutal crime. Thank you for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99