MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe police logs are complete. They're holding some things back.

Could the white car at 3 have been someone searching for Vanessa? If my daughter usually ran for an hour and wasn't back in 2, wasn't answering her cell and had recently been diagnosed with Crohn's, I might be out looking for her, especially if she had to leave for NYC at 4 to catch a bus. Whatever the case, I don't see the killer nabbing her in his car at 1ish and hanging around for two hours. I also don't see the killer nabbing her, driving to a second location, killing her, returning to a half mile of her home, pulling onto private property, removing the body, gathering kindling, starting a fire, and leaving in such a short time frame. But the biggest question is this - if he's got her in his car, why stay any length of time in that area? Once she's in that car, he can drive onto any path in town (there are many) and extend the search for hours/days/even years. Better yet, he can drive out of town and bury the body. No DNA, nothing at all to tie him to the crime.

The cart path where the body was found off BSR has always troubled me. What if it's a diversion? He leaves her there so everyone thinks a car pulled in there. It's the first thing anyone would think. So the police, neighbors, etc, are looking for a car on BSR on Sunday afternoon when in fact there was never a car on BSR to look for at all.

Just a theory.

True. He could have diverted. He could be close enough to do this in short time frame, but smart enough to make it look like it was someone else with location and/or using car or not.

Could the white car at 3 have been someone searching for Vanessa? If my daughter usually ran for an hour and wasn't back in 2, wasn't answering her cell and had recently been diagnosed with Crohn's, I might be out looking for her, especially if she had to leave for NYC at 4 to catch a bus. Whatever the case, I don't see the killer nabbing her in his car at 1ish and hanging around for two hours. I also don't see the killer nabbing her, driving to a second location, killing her, returning to a half mile of her home, pulling onto private property, removing the body, gathering kindling, starting a fire, and leaving in such a short time frame. But the biggest question is this - if he's got her in his car, why stay any length of time in that area? Once she's in that car, he can drive onto any path in town (there are many) and extend the search for hours/days/even years. Better yet, he can drive out of town and bury the body. No DNA, nothing at all to tie him to the crime.

The cart path where the body was found off BSR has always troubled me. What if it's a diversion? He leaves her there so everyone thinks a car pulled in there. It's the first thing anyone would think. So the police, neighbors, etc, are looking for a car on BSR on Sunday afternoon when in fact there was never a car on BSR to look for at all.

Just a theory.

Good Question. IF she was in the vehicle, why wouldn't he drive away somewhere else at a distance to leave her and IF he lived nearby , why put her in his car at all leaving evidence?

This is no amateur.

I understand that is your opinion, but respectfully you do not know that and shouldn't state it as a fact.

Also the article you quoted is very old and from the first few days after the investigation, what they knew then and what they knew now are very different things.

The DA has not come out recently and said anything to the effect that we should all be very scared.

Maybe I've been mispeaking. The cart path I'm referring to is the path off BSR where the body was found. It's overgrown and stops a little ways in. It's not connected to the path at the end of Connor Lane.

Do you know for a fact she was found at a spot other then this cart path/ end of Connors lane?

We are all pretty sure that while the end of the cart path no longer goes through to connect to Connors lane, at one poiny they were indeed connected, and it has been long believed on here that she was indeed found on the cart path which is one and the same as the old end of Connors lane.

But if for some reason you know we are incorrect and the location of her body was elsewhere, please bring it to our attention, along with the supporting facts. Thanks so much!

Just a theory.

That's assuming his original intention was to kill her. But what if it wasn't. What if she did know him, and he picked her up on the side of the road, he's not factoring a murder time frame into this. Something could have just happened.

Also he wouldn't have needed kindling because I doubt he would have built a fire, rather used an blow torch or accelerant.

If your not planning to kill her, and something happens, I can see quickly firing a plan in your head to leave her body where she would have been running by anyway, then it would look like someone just jumped out of the woods and grabbed her, which would also keep the LE search focused in a tighter area, and in a different direction. It's called deflecting, which is why he would bring her back there.

Perhaps he also had guilt and wanted her to be found.

Also the longer the body stays in the car, or the farther out he drives and tries to burry it, that's is all higher risk, not lower.

There is one huge contradiction to my last post though, which is that on this thread, early on, a witness stated he/she saw VM running near a car driving slowly. When he/she went back she was gone.

Does anyone remember what thread that was on?

I remember it, it was a guy on a news video who said it. Ido t know if it was written down in any articles though.

This plus the 3pm car sighting are part of the reason I think it's possible she could have known him, been picked up in his car, something terrible happened, and he was forced to think quick in order to get rid of the body
, and ends up back there dumping her at 3pm. Accounting for both the 1ish siting of a girl and a car, then just a girl.....and the 3pm sighting if just the car.

it's hard for me to imagine that he wouldn't have known how quickly she would be found. In my opinion I don't think he planned to go back in the dark, because he knew they would be out looking for her at that time.
Yes, if he was a watcher, he would know she was expected to catch a bus later that afternoon..therefore, she would be reported missing very quickly. Whatever he was going to do had to be done right then and completed. There would be no going back to the scene. I do think he watched the police find her, though. speculation only..jmo

But how would ányone be able to use data from a year prior to stalk someone in the present tense?
Would someone really assume she'd be doing the same thing at the same time as she was doing them a year earlier? I don't think a stalker would use such outdated info to track his victim.

IF he did use that app to track her, he would have to still have access to her present runs....he wouldn't have just relied on old data. So does map my run have a friends list? If so can these friends still see your data even when you've set it to private?
her phone would have stored the data on its sim card possibly..don't know if she had an iPhone or android, but I would imagine its the same basically for both. Forensics could retrieve info from the phone--if they had it. don't know if the app sends data to the cloud and stores info there or not...

Thanks for your comments to me, Kickoff and Roses. Very much appreciated. I'm really glad to be part of this forum.

As for my mention of accelerant, taser, etc. I was trying throw out some ideas. If he's on that path, he's got to silence her quickly and gain control over her. What's the fastest, easiest way to do that?

For the burn marks on the pics posted - do they looked directed or like something that was part of an actual fire? Did he mean to burn the entire body and ran out of time? Or direct the burning at specific parts (face, hands, feet)? Were the clothes burned - I can't recall. The idea that he wanted to burn the entire body seems unlikely - way too much flame and smoke would result. So he's trying to destroy DNA on the face and hands but why the feet? Is there another reason?

One thing about fire - to start any type of fire would probably require more than a lighter. So he planned it. And he left her nude. That speaks of hatred and rage, maybe toward her but maybe toward what she stood for. A young, beautiful, educated, single, successful woman who lived in an exciting city.

I do think it would be easy to cut through those woods from the cemetery to the path. It's heavily wooded, a simple matter to stay out of sight of the road and the houses. Maybe there is even a place at the cemetery where a car could be parked out of sight. Again, this could be wrong. There are lots of ways it could have happened.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 113
Thanks for your comments to me, Kickoff and Roses. Very much appreciated. I'm really glad to be part of this forum.

As for my mention of accelerant, taser, etc. I was trying throw out some ideas. If he's on that path, he's got to silence her quickly and gain control over her. What's the fastest, easiest way to do that?

For the burn marks on the pics posted - do they looked directed or like something that was part of an actual fire? Did he mean to burn the entire body and ran out of time? Or direct the burning at specific parts (face, hands, feet)? Were the clothes burned - I can't recall. The idea that he wanted to burn the entire body seems unlikely - way too much flame and smoke would result. So he's trying to destroy DNA on the face and hands but why the feet? Is there another reason?

One thing about fire - to start any type of fire would probably require more than a lighter. So he planned it. And he left her nude. That speaks of hatred and rage, maybe toward her but maybe toward what she stood for. A young, beautiful, educated, single, successful woman who lived in an exciting city.

I do think it would be easy to cut through those woods from the cemetery to the path. It's heavily wooded, a simple matter to stay out of sight of the road and the houses. Maybe there is even a place at the cemetery where a car could be parked out of sight. Again, this could be wrong. There are lots of ways it could have happened.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 13B78446-D73A-46EB-B53A-A1CA2830C713.JPG
    13B78446-D73A-46EB-B53A-A1CA2830C713.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 139

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0C571CA9-8B13-4336-AC2E-570B4ACAFA15.JPG
    0C571CA9-8B13-4336-AC2E-570B4ACAFA15.JPG
    333.1 KB · Views: 135
I suggested up thread the placements of the burns mimic the wounds of the crucifixion of Christ. Then, the cemetery so close by. Sounds a bit far fetched, but who knows.
I think you are exactly right. This has been my thought from the beginning. I fear this individual has some twisted thoughts of satanic crucifixion - a fascination, if you will. I do believe the family knows this and may possibly even be afraid of this individual. Perhaps he has started fires in the home or garage if there is one...probably loves roaring campfires... all speculation based on my thoughts on what a psychological profile for this individual would look like..jmo

Just filling in some food for thought. That cemetery is really old, as in anyone who knew anyone in there is long gone themselves. So it probably doesn't get a lot of visitors.

But yes that whole dead end road (Connors lane) is private property.

This area wouldn't really be were people hike because it is private property all through, is about 3 miles long and .5-1mile wide but surrounded on all side by road, so there aren't really any trails there that could go anywhere. Most people who go to Princeton to hike would go to the mountain.
The age of the cemetery wouldn't matter to our scenario...our psychological profile would simply love the fact that it was a cemetery...imho...jmo (feel free to disagree)

She didn't always head north though.

Still I'm not saying they couldn't have used this app, but if they did I think it would have to be someone who she was friends with through that app. Not a stranger tracking her via that app. If your stalking someon I just don't think, in my opinion they would rely on old data and just assume it applied at present. But if course that just my opinion.
she did that day though...a msn reporter walked us through it...looking for link now..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iG2fnbfa8E&app=desktop

I think you are exactly right. This has been my thought from the beginning. I fear this individual has some twisted thoughts of satanic crucifixion - a fascination, if you will. I do believe the family knows this and may possibly even be afraid of this individual. Perhaps he has started fires in the home or garage if there is one...probably loves roaring campfires... all speculation based on my thoughts on what a psychological profile for this individual would look like..jmo

Agree 100%.

I wonder if she could have been tied with her hands above her head to that tree when he burned her? Then dragged her body into the foliage after?

The age of the cemetery wouldn't matter to our scenario...our psychological profile would simply love the fact that it was a cemetery...imho...jmo (feel free to disagree)

I just meant that in terms of, I doubted it got a lot of Sunday visitors bringing flowers kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme