MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about that. If someone was stalking her, even if she didn't tell anyone in Princeton, I would think she would in NY, even if it was in a convo when someone asked her how her weekend went.

Agree. Leads me further to believe she just happened to notice someone while walking, thought they were weird. Maybe it was just that once. I agree if it had been many days seeing thing person lurking and making her feel scared, I think police would have been notified and I think she would have spoken to people about it.

I wondered that too. Her second mile was a bit faster than her first, 10 mins versus 12.....

I just looked at a graph of that run and it's very weird. It appears she stopped very briefly at about 5-7 mins in, or was barely advancing. Then again 2 minutes later same thing. My best guess is phone call. Changing music or looking at phone, or may someone pulling up beside her. The last half of the run she does actually speed up to 8:30 mile, which is fairly fast for her, based on her other runs. The graph shows she actually does run.
She couldn't have ran that much if she stopped twice on her way out and only gained 2 minutes on the way back.

Did she have a stalker who mentioned the running route in Princeton ? If she felt threatened I would think stopping running in Princeton, rather that changing an online setting would be the thing she would have done. Or both...

But I think there is something to what you have posted. It does seem odd. Wonder if she said anything to anyone ? I wondered about VM's life in Princeton.Did she still have friends there who she saw ?

She grew up in Leominster, her aunt moved to the Princeton house c. 2005 and her mom was there also, around that time, I believe it was determined, could be mistaken. I know She didn't grow up there, and went to private school in Worcester. But I'm sure she must have known a couple people from town. Maybe not the network she would have had if she went to public school with the other kids from Princeton.

She couldn't have ran that much if she stopped twice on her way out and only gained 2 minutes on the way back.

First half the graph shows those two momentary stops, then roughly 12.5 mins/mi. (Walking). Second half shows variable pace mostly around 9.5 mins/mile (jogging). then slows down again considerably as she gets back toward the other houses and driveway (safety?)

Can we not post photos? I could post screenshot of the graph. And some of the other stuff.

First half the graph shows those two momentary stops, then roughly 12.5 mins/mi. (Walking). Second half shows variable pace mostly around 9.5 mins/mile (jogging). then slows down again considerably as she gets back toward the other houses and driveway (safety?)

Can we not post photos? I could post screenshot of the graph. And some of the other stuff.
I don't want to say one way or another about photos. I know one was removed because the source wasn't posted. Someone else may know .

Until or unless LE captures the perp we'll probably never get an answer to any of these questions. There's only 1 right answer, but we'll never know it unless the perp reveals how he did it and what his movements were or LE finds out and discloses it.

Until or unless LE captures the perp we'll probably never get an answer to any of these questions. There's only 1 right answer, but we'll never know it unless the perp reveals how he did it and what his movements were or LE finds out and discloses it.
You are right, and the sad thing is the possibility of never knowing.

It happens; it's one of the realities of following crime cases. You can guess all you want but no one ever comes and tells you when your guess is correct and until or unless the case is solved it's like watching paint dry.

We will know. We just need some stubborn, tireless detectives on the case. This creep can't hide forever. If he didn't leave DNA I'd say fair chance we never figure it out. But he did.

I want to see all the Princeton police logs from week of sept 6 2015. Anyone know where I can find them? Wonder if any surveillance from that time still exists at Worcester road Bank. Specifically around 10-11 am.

We will know. We just need some stubborn, tireless detectives on the case. This creep can't hide forever. If he didn't leave DNA I'd say fair chance we never figure it out. But he did.

I want to see all the Princeton police logs from week of sept 6 2015. Anyone know where I can find them? Wonder if any surveillance from that time still exists at Worcester road Bank. Specifically around 10-11 am.
Here you go.
http://www.thelandmark.com/news/2015-09-17/Fire_(and)_Police/Police_Notebook.html

we may know who did it, and that's good enough for me that he's caught, but we may never know how it happened, unless he talks.

If he didn't leave DNA I'd say fair chance we never figure it out. But he did.

If his DNA does not exist in any LE system like CODIS, it will either require him committing a crime where he gets caught, confessing or saying something that makes someone suspicious, or becoming a POI so that his DNA is able to be collected and compared to dna left on the victim or at the scene.

Barring that, it could take a very long time, if ever, and as I've learned from following cases over a couple decades, sometimes murder cases never get solved.

Its an interesting hypothesis. It would be interesting to know how many of the 1,000 tips deal with local runners familiar with the area calling in sketchy tips of the same person. I suspect LE has sought out local runners for this reason.

SOURCE: Shirley Police Department

Runner calls police after spotting vehicle

Updated: 10:24 PM EDT Aug 31, 2016
".... the middle-age man in the [green] van wasn't lost.

"He offered her some water while she was running and she thought that was really really peculiar and was very uncomfortable for her," Henz said.

The jogger said in a Facebook post that another man was lurking the back seat. Scared for her life, she said that she ran ....

Shirley is about a half-hour's drive from Princeton, where Vanessa Marcotte was killed while she was out for a jog on Aug. 7."

http://www.wcvb.com/article/man-driving-suspicious-van-approaches-runner-in-shirley/8247054

I don't recall us discussing this 911 report of an attack on a jogger after VM was murdered but in the same month.

SOURCE: Shirley Police Department

Runner calls police after spotting vehicle

Updated: 10:24 PM EDT Aug 31, 2016

I don't recall us discussing this 911 report of an attack on a jogger after VM was murdered but in the same month.

Wow... this is an interesting article. These two did this after VM's murder and in the same vicinity !

It was discussed right around the time it happened. I remember posts about it; if you go back in time and look at old threads you'll find it. Turned out it was just somebody who was being thoughtful and didn't understand his behavior might be perceived in a threatening way. He really was just passing out bottles of water.

Many may not agree because of the SUV report from LE, (and again, I don't doubt many people saw an SUV parked, I am just not convinced that it was involved) But I am still having trouble dismissing the bicycle theory, only because I can't find a good reason yet. I think he saw her on that road before, and that day, just happened to pass her when she left her mothers house, pedaled past her, picked up his bike and carried in into the cart path so it wouldn't leave tracks, walked back out, and hid in that gully to the right of the cart path. Then he waited for her and ambushed her from behind, having a little more time, because she was walking and not running. The fact that nobody saw him/her, was just luck.
I also think this guy was younger, late teens maybe,(why his DNA isn't in the system yet) and when I was in my teens, riding my bike in 90* heat, didn't matter.
Again I could be totally off base but I can't see why yet.

edit:
Just to add, that would also explain the FBI profiler, saying that he is local. and it would also explain that he doesn't have to live so close that he was canvased by LE in the close range of the crime scene.

Yep, that's similar to what theorized the last time I posted, to which I received a particularly spiteful reply. Similar in the sense that the perp. didn't know her, they took her by surprise at the guard rail, and his DNA is not in the system but he wanted to eliminate any DNA traces because he is a local.

Hard to believe that he burned her in an attempt to erase his DNA. His DNA does not look to be in any data bases. So why on earth take the time to do that ? I think he burned her when she was still alive and conscious, but perhaps too stunned and weakened to scream. I recall reading about a case, years ago, where a victim was tortured by a perp to obtain his debit card pin number. Perp stole money, but was eventually caught...jmo

Hard to peg a motive here. because originally it was reported that VM " might have been sexually assaulted ". So it must not have been obvious. No posing of the body etc. And, if his motive was rape, why did he kill her ? She knew him ? Or had seen him before ? If his motive from the beginning was murder, WHY ? Who would want to kill this young woman ?

If his DNA is not in the database, then his reasons for attempting to erase any trace of it would logically be that he figures as he is a local he may come under suspicion and in his mind at least be required to provide a DNA sample (also bear in mind that many folk don't know that there is a evidentiary threshold that must be met before you are required to provide a sample).

In answer to your second question, a rapist would kill because they don't want to be identified and jailed for rape. The person most likely to identify them is of course their victim. By murdering them, the key (and in most cases the only) witness is eliminated.

Yep, that's similar to what theorized the last time I posted, to which I received a particularly spiteful reply. Similar in the sense that the perp. didn't know her, they took her by surprise at the guard rail, and his DNA is not in the system but he wanted to eliminate any DNA traces because he is a local.

BBM;
No one should receive a spiteful reply. It detracts from our purpose here.

If that happens please alert the post. Our Mods are wonderful.

In the lower right corner of every post there is a red triangle with an exclamation point inside it. Click that and explain your concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020