GUILTY MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"[Defense attorney Ed] Ryan said his client isn't doing well.

"It's very difficult," he said. "He doesn't speak any English, he's never been involved in any court process at all, and he's quite nervous and frightened."

I have no words, well, just sputtered curse words, really. Unbelievable. How do they think Vanessa felt while AC-O took her life?

AC-O got himself into "the court process." He should feel all of that—not "well," "nervous and frightened"—and a heck of a lot more.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Streaming Live ---> http://boston.cbslocal.com/show/cbs-boston-live-video-2/

What kind of answers can we expect today?

1) "Did assault and beat Vanessa with the intention of killing her."
It appears to be a "First degree" Murder charge.

2) Preliminary Hearing will be held Aug 24th.

3) It appears that Cameras will be allowed in the courtroom.

4) It appears that John Marcotte (VM's father) has one supportive Brother In Law that has been by his side the entire time.

5) It appears that AO's Defense Lawyer is doing all he can so far by making AO out to be the falsely accused victim with an Altar Boy image.

No way in hell he doesnt speak much English with his job

No way in hell he doesnt speak much English with his job

No kidding. The defense attorney is pulling out all the stupid stops with those headphones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I understand defense attorney Ed Ryan has to put up a vigorous defense of his client. What I don't understand is how he can say things like "he's not doing well.... doesn't speak any English, he's never been involved in any court process at all, and he's quite nervous and frightened." Ryan has seen his clients phone records the DNA evidence and more importantly the autopsy pictures of VM. He knows what the evil monster he is representing did yet can still say such ridiculous things with a straight face. Again I know he has to do it what I don't understand is how he can do it.

I understand defense attorney Ed Ryan has to put up a vigorous defense of his client. What I don't understand is how he can say things like "he's not doing well.... doesn't speak any English, he's never been involved in any court process at all, and he's quite nervous and frightened." Ryan has seen his clients phone records the DNA evidence and more importantly the autopsy pictures of VM. He knows what the evil monster he is representing did yet can still say such ridiculous things with a straight face. Again I know he has to do it what I don't understand is how he can do it.

I hear you, Fred. The accused are, indeed, entitled to a vigorous defense, BUT Ryan's constantly spewing on trying to make AO out as the altar boy (as Rocky aptly put it) and generate sympathy makes me ill when he knows damn well that his client brutally murdered Vanessa and then burned her body. <modsnip> How these people live with themselves is beyond me.

Unfortunately, our court system is a game that's just about winning, not getting at the truth. The more high-profile cases defense attorneys win, the more $ they can charge paying clients in the future. (Surely AO is getting his defense for free. Most people would be paying through the nose for a good defense attorney if ever needed even if they were innocent/falsely accused of a crime. Of course, the good taxpayers of Mass will also likely be paying for his wife and kids, assuming the animal goes to jail.)

<modsnip> How he explains what should be iron-clad DNA evidence is anyone's guess. Fortunately, Vanessa lived what seemed like a man-free life from a dating perspective for some time, otherwise the tactic in these types of cases can be the beyond repulsive consensual sex angle.

<modsnip>

Whether he has killed before, I don't know, but I have zero doubt he has raped before. A man does not wake up one day at age 31 after living a law-abiding life and think, "Gee, I think I'll go hunting for a woman to brutally rape (or rape/kill)."

<modsnip>

It's his job so I know if I was him I'd do the same which makes me sound terrible. I don't know if I would try my best to win but would know damn well he's guilty. <modsnip> The way he words the never having been to court type thing screams has committed crimes but not caught. You sure as hell don't just start at what he did so I don't even believe it's his first murder and fully believe they'll say it was a sex accident even though she had a bf.

A man does not wake up one day at age 31 after living a law-abiding life and think, "Gee, I think I'll go hunting for a woman to brutally rape (or rape/kill)."

What age do they wake up and do that? There's always a first time.

It's his job so I know if I was him I'd do the same which makes me sound terrible. I don't know if I would try my best to win but would know damn well he's guilty. <modsnip> The way he words the never having been to court type thing screams has committed crimes but not caught. You sure as hell don't just start at what he did so I don't even believe it's his first murder and fully believe they'll say it was a sex accident even though she had a bf.
fully believe they'll say it was a sex accident even though she had a bf.

Let me see. Is your theory that the Defense will claim the sexual assault, murder and burning of VM was a sexual accident? Why would they expect their client can show that whatever occurred in the woods with VM was an accident? An accidental attempted rape and murder?

Why does VM having a boyfriend, or not, affect the defense?
Do you feel his previous alleged crimes of this nature, that being charges of rape, occurred in America or in PR? I feel he has SA before, too.

Today marks the one year anniversary of Vanessa Marcotte's death..
RIP Vanessa.

Let me see. Is your theory that the Defense will claim the sexual assault, murder and burning of VM was a sexual accident? Why would they expect their client can show that whatever occurred in the woods with VM was an accident? An accidental attempted rape and murder?

Why does VM having a boyfriend, or not, affect the defense?
Do you feel his previous alleged crimes of this nature, that being charges of rape, occurred in America or in PR? I feel he has SA before, too.

I was being sarcastic and saying if they're already trying to lie and say he doesn't speak it and playing the scared Mexican dude who's a good guy act like ppl keep saying, then despite how clear it is to us, it made me think they'd try to claim some sex addict thing next. And that is fhey so do that then since She supposedly had a bf they may even leap to some cheating kinky lady. Cause they've already stopped to the doesn't speak English angle so (even though I hope they don't do it) it still won't shock me

IMO the defense will try the hardworking family man new to the area wrongly accused by racist DA/Police who took advantage of his inability to speak English. Any attempt at implying anything with VM was consensual(he already admitted to police he didn't know her)would likely turn a competent jury against the defense.

Oh yea that's true I forgot about that part. But yea I agree that they'll do that. I kinda wonder if his wife will be at the court thing or an alibi or if somehow she ends of taking the stand if she will come off as scared of him or like she fully believes he's innocent. Or the other option is she thinks he's guilty and won't do anything for his case. Is it weird that we haven't seen her or anyone in his family or a coworker speak out? Not even in his favor. Unless I missed it and someone did. But I just can't recall it happening.

IMO the defense will try the hardworking family man new to the area wrongly accused by racist DA/Police who took advantage of his inability to speak English. Any attempt at implying anything with VM was consensual(he already admitted to police he didn't know her)would likely turn a competent jury against the defense.

Fully agree with you, Fred. I included in my post that was snipped by the mod that the racist card against the police was likely going to be used.

I wish the mod just deleted my entire post, rather than snipping out pieces. Doing so, changes context greatly.

Good reminder about him already on the record saying he didn't know Vanessa. So, let's just hope that the DNA evidence holds up. Because if it does, there should no reason she had his DNA on her.

I'm still really curious about what's going on behind the scenes regarding the two attempted abductions.Guess we won't know that for a long while...

I was being sarcastic and saying if they're already trying to lie and say he doesn't speak it and playing the scared Mexican dude who's a good guy act like ppl keep saying, then despite how clear it is to us, it made me think they'd try to claim some sex addict thing next. And that is fhey so do that then since She supposedly had a bf they may even leap to some cheating kinky lady. Cause they've already stopped to the doesn't speak English angle so (even though I hope they don't do it) it still won't shock me

Evey, Vanessa didn't have a boyfriend, to my knowledge. Her father said something to that effect. And there would be no reason to believe she'd be hiding a boyfriend.

It really isn't -- or shouldn't be -- material to the case, but, as Rocky has said numerous times in the past, it's good to keep the facts straight.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm curious about the two attacks too. If the women can ID him as their attacker why wouldn't additional charges be filed? Or if his cellphone shows he was in the area. So many questions yet to be answered.

He also has a very distinctive beard that he's kept even while in jail that would be easy to identify if he had that during the previous attacks. Assuming he didn't try to change his appearance. Doubtful since he was dumb enough to carry a very traceable phone with him while committing murder.

I'm curious about the two attacks too. If the women can ID him as their attacker why wouldn't additional charges be filed? Or if his cellphone shows he was in the area. So many questions yet to be answered.

He also has a very distinctive beard that he's kept even while in jail that would be easy to identify if he had that during the previous attacks. Assuming he didn't try to change his appearance. Doubtful since he was dumb enough to carry a very traceable phone with him while committing murder.
Correct me if I am wrong, but, if I remember right from reading about the two other assaults, one woman was assaulted when the suspect grabbed her.
Not to downplay the crime, but, in the scale of things, it's not a very serious charge.
If he grabbed her and then dragged her into the woods, or threw her in his car for example, the charge would now be Aggravated Assault, which is a more serious charge.
If there was probable cause to connect the two crimes together, or the offenses were part of a scheme, then under Rule 9, a Judge could order the charges to be combined (Joinder Of Offenses)
I am not sure why we haven't heard anything about the other two attacks, but, it may be nothing more than if he was involved, and not having a record is true, to tie up a lot of time preparing a Prosecution/Defense for a "Simple Assault" charge that is a misdemeanor, and may add a fine of $1000 max, may not be worth it.
Bear in mind they also have 3 years from the date of the attack to bring separate charges, if they so decide to do so.

http://www.mass.gov/courts/case-legal-res/rules-of-court/criminal-procedure/crim9.html

Evey, Vanessa didn't have a boyfriend, to my knowledge. Her father said something to that effect. And there would be no reason to believe she'd be hiding a boyfriend.

It really isn't -- or shouldn't be -- material to the case, but, as Rocky has said numerous times in the past, it's good to keep the facts straight.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Searunner, you are right. Her Father did say she had no boyfriend.

"She was not involved with anyone romantically, he said."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/08/09/heartbroken-father-remembers-slain-princeton-woman-great-kid/mUTVnnhtLndONFAtwYld2H/story.html?p1=Article_Facet_Related_Article

(click "related article" at the top for the story)

Hey Rocky what can we expect at the next court hearing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back