GUILTY MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anyone else find the story the DA told about the trooper having to write the license plate on his hand etc. a little hard to believe?

Why? I write things on my hand to remember them.

Not picking apart LE it just seems like it was embellishing a story that needed no embellishment. Just a very small detail in a much bigger story.

Hi Fred,

I wanted you to know that my comment was not aimed at you -- it was a general comment to all supporting CEM's take that going down the speculation road on a public forum has the possibility of aiding the defense. Unlikely, yes, but within the realm of possibilities.

I think those details will come out at the trial too.
One would think that if he is a trooper in uniform, in a marked cruiser, he would also have a small notepad in his shirt pocket to go with his pen. Most cops carry one, and that's the first thing they pull out when asking someones name on the street.
On the other hand, the circumstances may have not allowed the time to do that if he was trying to catch up to him, or trying to read the plate from a distance etc.
Hard to say.
What doesn't sound very plausible to me, is this Trooper would drive to AO's house to question him, leave his card, and then return the next day. I would think a Detective would have done that part.

Couldn't he have pulled him over then and there for fitting the description of the person of interest in a murder case? Honestly I'm thinking his wife or someone tipped them off and they needed a cover story to not put the person in danger maybe and so they showed up to leave their card or maybe the cop left it with the wife if she tipped them off and she had to say he left it for him when he found it but who knows, either way I think someone tipped the cops off. Thankfully.

Does the Jury get the evidence that CO was on the run (IMO hoping to get away with murder) from August 2016 until his arrest in April 12017?

I use the term run loosely.

Im surprised he didn't go in the run. For all we know he was hiding out until the heat died down. Maybe even went to stay with his parents or something

I wonder if he showed up to work the next day he was scheduled. Did he continue to deliver to Princeton. Did he return to the crime scene. And to Evey's comment I would hope someone close to this guy a co-worked neighbor someone would be suspicious enough to call in a tip to the police.

I think it's easy to put oneself in the place of an investigator, imagine how we might perform a job and what steps we might or might not take, and judge what the real investigator or LE person did, given limited information. That doesn't help a case, but I think it's not an uncommon activity at times for armchair case followers.

I wonder if he showed up to work the next day he was scheduled. Did he continue to deliver to Princeton. Did he return to the crime scene. And to Evey's comment I would hope someone close to this guy a co-worked neighbor someone would be suspicious enough to call in a tip to the police.

I honestly wonder did he take a vacation with his family or go see his in Puerto Rico? I mean if I was him I would know I needed to show up or else people might wonder but would need to hide my scratches with makeup. So did he go buy concealer perhaps?

I truly wonder if someone reported himsjs the cops want to protect them because until they had the DNA and everything the person would be in danger if they knew. Even once I. Jail they could be in danger from family memegrs maybe. Because I don't see why a cop wouldn't pull him over right when he saw him cause wouldn't he have some sort of probable cause because he fit the description of a suspect? But if someone else told them then it makes sense that they'd go leave a card and then come back cause maybe he was hiding out and it was hard to catch him out and for all we know he quit his job or something. I mean many possibilities but I think it's someone or someone's reported him and they are protecting them. Which is good.

I think it's easy to put oneself in the place of an investigator, imagine how we might perform a job and what steps we might or might not take, and judge what the real investigator or LE person did, given limited information. That doesn't help a case, but I think it's not an uncommon activity at times for armchair case followers.
I guess in a fast pinch of time having to put a passcode in and get to a spot to type aidense plate might take longer than writing it down but woukdnt the cars dashcam maybe pick it up also and see the plate? And they have the laptops also but I feel like the cams would be on. But I'm not sure but I do agree with you.

I see no reason why LE would lie about the way the officer got the license plate number. It's a detail that doesn't make or break the case or change the outcome. The point is: he saw the need to capture the detail of the license plate and he wrote it down and that led to finding the perp. Whether people think he should have noted that license plate number in a different way, it happened the way it happened and all that matters is the monster was caught.

Massachusetts State Police don't have
dash cams. There is currently a case where a Mass State Police officer put in a dash cam at his own expense apparently illegally.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...per-accused-of-making-unauthorized-recordings

Yes whether or not he "wrote the plate down on his hand" is not really relevant.

I agree. I only even mentioned that I think it was to protect someone because someone else brought the writing it on the hand up. And I didn't know that they don't have dash cams there!

:bump:

Angelo Colon-Ortiz held on $10M bail in connection with Massachusetts murder of jogger Vanessa Marcotte

Authorities said the brutal killer intended to rape the Boston University graduate, who started working for Google in New York in January 2015.

Marcotte, whose hands, feet and head were reportedly burned by the murderer, died after waging a desperate battle for her life with the attacker.

Colon-Ortiz’s DNA was then recovered from her hands, according to Early.

[....] was charged with aggravated assault and battery and assault with intent to rape. [....] a murder charge was also expected [....].

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...tion-death-vanessa-marcotte-article-1.3058657

VM is a brave hero. She fought her attacker valiantly. Now we know why he burned her. She captured his DNA during the battle. She held it in her hands and wouldn't let it go.

Colon-Ortiz’s DNA was then recovered from her hands, according to Early.

VM is a brave hero. She fought her attacker valiantly. Now we know why he burned her. She captured his DNAfu during the battle. She held it in her hands and wouldn't let it go.

Just like some of us thought! I knew that wasn't sexual but to remove DNA

In and out no bail.

Angelo Colon-Ortiz, 31,did not appear in court because of what his attorney called an “identification issue".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back