Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, this more than likely would not have happend if the children were not left alone. However, I think that point has been established, and people need to focus on the fact that a little girl is missing. She is either very scarred right now or worse, and even though I do not support the parents actions what's done is done. Stop bashing the fact they left the children, and start worrying about where this girl is. One more fact, I hate to think about is I read the father checked in on the children at 9:30 and she was gone when the mom looked in on them at 10:00. I hate to say it, but could the father be involved in this? Could he have done something to her, and gotten rid of the body? Or even worse, could he be involved in some type of pedo ring? I know many won't like that idea, but has he been looked at? When ever a child goes missing under mysterious circumstances I always look at the parents. Yet, for some reason that's not happening here. I bet if the wife ws the one missing every one would be all over the husband. Why does it seem everyone is just taking his word? Just my thoughts.

I am not at all intrested in Bashing the parents. I brought up the topic of my uneasiness with the circumstances surronding Maddie's dissapearance because I feel the parents need to be looked at more closely. They have my complete sympathy and I by no believe they are guilty. I just can not write off their behavior when Maddie went missing as not being suspicious. The focus throughout the media seems to be on abduction from organized kidnapping r to a pedafile to child selling. Has LE looked as exstensivly at the parents? If not I think it needs to be done.

mjak

I am not at all intrested in Bashing the parents. I brought up the topic of my uneasiness with the circumstances surronding Maddie's dissapearance because I feel the parents need to be looked at more closely. They have my complete sympathy and I by no believe they are guilty. I just can not write off their behavior when Maddie went missing as not being suspicious. The focus throughout the media seems to be on abduction from organized kidnapping r to a pedafile to child selling. Has LE looked as exstensivly at the parents? If not I think it needs to be done.

mjak

Every minute detail has to be looked into from the parents, the hotel staff everybody, then they can rule out those who have alibis etc. I was just wondering do they have surveillance cameras in the hotel, havent heard that mentioned before. Off course we are worried about Madelaine but in all of the posts that mention the parents neglect in their childrens welfare, I dont class that as parent bashing, but everyone is a suspect until proven otherwise.

I have been quietly reading along with this thread and watching the news.
I know the parents are not considered suspects; but, I have to say I am not able to fully understand the actions of the parents and therefore have some doubts. It is inconcievable to me that two such educated, worldly and non nieve seeming parents would leave two such young children alone. Saying they were checking on they hourly is rediculous. To me that equates too putting your two year old in a bath tub and leaving him unattended and saying I peaked in every 5 minutes. It is more then just unacceptable behavior I find it unbelievable. This does not mean it isn't true but until the wearabouts of Maddie are known I am afriad I can not assume the parents are innocent in this.

mjak
I guess as in all cases it is not unreasonable to question parents actions. I know we all think them to be ill advised in regard to child safety but I think that LE would have well and truly checked out their backgrounds in reference to Maddie's dissappearance.

Original Shazza: The latest that I had heard was the father had gone back to the UK and the mother is still in Portugal, how that is going to help little Maddie or the rest of the family I dont know, if my child went missing I would need my husband by my side.

You shouldnt need a sign anywhere stating 'DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN UNATTENDED FOR ANY REASON" its commonsense not to leave your children.
I hope and pray they find Madelaine safe and sound but as this goes on the odds are not in our favour for her safe return.
Thanks Shazza for the information. I too would want my husband with me, but who knows he may have had to go and will be back very fast I hope.
As for the Sign I mentioned. You and I would never need any sign. But I am afraid that there are too many foolish poeple out there, and being educated does not make them mindful.
God bless that beautiful child, I pray for good but fear the worst.

First of all, admin doesn't discuss other posters. Secondly, we can disagree without attacking one other. I gave her SEVERAL chances to do so.
Moderating is a tough job,unpaid and timely..I know this from personal experience.
I feel that the right actions were taken as there is no need to bait anyone .

I don't think that in their wildest dreams something like this could have happened and I do feel horrible for them.

Jeanna after what you went through, My God I know how bad you must feel for them.
Wat baffles me is it's not 40 years ago when the world was another place. How naive can people be when there has been horrid news all over the world for so many years.
Sadly people still think it can't happen here, it can't happen to us. And they live unconsciously.
I want to get mad at them and I really can’t. I know first hand that it is not easy to change people’s ways. I have had to fight with family for that very reason (educated does not equal smart).

Jeanna after what you went through, My God I know how bad you must feel for them.
Wat baffles me is it's not 40 years ago when the world was another place. How naive can people be when there has been horrid news all over the world for so many years.
Sadly people still think it can't happen here, it can't happen to us. And they live unconsciously.
I want to get mad at them and I really can’t. I know first hand that it is not easy to change people’s ways. I have had to fight with family for that very reason (educated does not equal smart).

Regardless of the "times," children of that age need to be watched 24/7. Even if it were not the threat of a pedophile, there could have been a fire, there could have been some other medical emergency, etc. Children are unequipped to care for themselves. That's what parents are for. Even just to sooth them in a strange location, if nothing else. I agree with you that the fact that they were educated people, in this case, didn't seem to mean much, except for the fact that they could have hired someone to sit with them. There's no reason on this earth those babies should have been left alone.

Moderating is a tough job,unpaid and timely..I know this from personal experience.
I feel that the right actions were taken as there is no need to bait anyone .

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Thanks darlin.

Regardless of the "times," children of that age need to be watched 24/7. Even if it were not the threat of a pedophile, there could have been a fire, there could have been some other medical emergency, etc. Children are unequipped to care for themselves. That's what parents are for. Even just to sooth them in a strange location, if nothing else. I agree with you that the fact that they were educated people, in this case, didn't seem to mean much, except for the fact that they could have hired someone to sit with them. There's no reason on this earth those babies should have been left alone.

DITTO:blowkiss:

Another DITTO from me.

ok maybe i am wrong. i dont know how i would act if this was my child. reading the parents blog it strikes me as wrong.i would think if it was me my whole life would be about finding my child. for some reason this part of the post buged me.
Kate is a keen runner and in the last few days has tried to include a run in the daily routine. Yesterday (Sat) at 7am we ran to the monument at the top of the steep cliff overlooking Praia de Luz. We reached it in 19 minutes.
it just does not sound like i think i would. i know diffrent people handle stress and fear diffrent. just sticks in my gut ya know.

ok maybe i am wrong. i dont know how i would act if this was my child. reading the parents blog it strikes me as wrong.i would think if it was me my whole life would be about finding my child. for some reason this part of the post buged me. it just does not sound like i think i would. i know diffrent people handle stress and fear diffrent. just sticks in my gut ya know.
Who cares that it took 19 minutes to run to a monument, thats another 19 minutes that her daughter is missing, a lot can happen in 19 minutes, that has just made my blood boil.

mjak

Mjak: I think it is customary for the police to look at the parents, and they will.
Unfortunately I think the parents were unconscious. “We are safe, it can’t happen to us". I have not idea how these parents will ever have a normal life again. I am afraid of the worst.

Mjak: I think it is customary for the police to look at the parents, and they will.
Unfortunately I think the parents were unconscious. “We are safe, it can’t happen to us". I have not idea how these parents will ever have a normal life again. I am afraid of the worst.
These parents dont deserve to live normal lives ever again, even if their precious little girl is brought home, do you think they will have learnt from this.....I dont think so.

These parents dont deserve to live normal lives ever again, even if their precious little girl is brought home, do you think they will have learnt from this.....I dont think so.

I would hope that a HARD lesson like this one would teach them.

mjak

That's pretty much what I said. I am really suspicious of the dad. I read he checked in on the children at 9:30 and the mom noticed they were missing at 10:00. I will try to find the article again and post a link.

ok maybe i am wrong. i dont know how i would act if this was my child. reading the parents blog it strikes me as wrong.i would think if it was me my whole life would be about finding my child. for some reason this part of the post buged me. it just does not sound like i think i would. i know diffrent people handle stress and fear diffrent. just sticks in my gut ya know.

I read the link to the Diary and saw shades of a very elite PR firm at work. To come back and tell the world how the organization of your life now with the twins in day care a lot of the day, and they think it is a part of vacationing, well you get the drift. I might be wrong, but I don't especially see these parents as victims right now.

I think when they were out that night they chose someone to go check on all the kids - 4 families worth, and that is why the waitstaff said neither the mom or dad left the table. That comment was made right away - within 2 or so days after she was taken, so there was no time to think about anything else to say except the truth. No one had got to them yet is what I mean.

Sherri79; I learned in my 60 years on earth that until we experience something we truly do not know how we would act. I do not think I'd be able to move let alone run.... Certainly I would not know what to put on a blog, or why blogg at all? I only know that to get the covers over her head is not going to help the two little ones.
Perhaps she has to run to have some sense of order for the other children, perhaps she has to run to clear her head, perhaps it is the only thing she can do to maintain any sanity at all, I do not know. She is still in a strange land maybe that is the only thing she can do.

I found the front page of their website which lists one example of their "daily routine" (which I don't get, but anyway...), but cannot find a blog that lists their ongoing daily activities. Could someone point me to the link?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member