Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That poor sweetie pie.
I love the image of her being with a happy family eating a big bowl of ice cream-that someone posted here.

It is my thought in my minds eye that allows me to get to sleep.
Good nite all.:blowkiss:

Ahhhh, Petra
bighug.gif
sleep well, sweet dreams of Maddie playing in a field of flowers....

Ahhhh, Petra
bighug.gif
sleep well, sweet dreams of Maddie playing in a field of flowers....

Thanks colomom, I needed a hug. And what a beautiful image of Maddie!:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Jane Tanner's memory of the events....
bsflag.gif
bsflag.gif
bsflag.gif
IMHO....

Exactly! If they had so much to drink that night, why would she even notice a man carrying a little girl and remember what the little girl was wearing?

Maybe it's a mis-translation, but I've always wondered why Mrs Mcann shouted: 'They've taken her' - if indeed she did so.

If I'd lost my child I'd have shouted 'Someone's taken her ', rather than assumed it was more than one person.

It makes me think that the McCanns already suspected a group were following them - or Madeleine - and that she had suspects in mind.

Anyone with any suggestions?

This is my scenario...and believe me I have thought about way more than I am comfortable with since becoming involved in this case...

I return to the apartment (need to interject that I would never, no way, no how, never ever, leave my kids alone) and I find my child missing. After pure panic, throwing up and fainting, I would grab my remaining children, pure andrenaline pumping, they are light as feathers, I am screaming, crying...."help me GERRY!!! (another name in my case) I cannot find her, she is GONE....HELP, HELP....she has dissapeared, help me find her!!! More screaming, throwing up and fainting....call 911 cuz I am not moving...pure panic...my hubby would probably faint, throw up and scream also but he would be mobilized, simply because I was not. I would find a trusted friend (one of the 7) and make sure my other children were OK and safe, and I would BEG them, "please watch them, I must go look"....After that, as it has been said before I would search until my hands were bloody stumps and I was catatonic and they would haul me off to the hospital for major sedatives!!!

Now, all this would be different if, as it has been reported, that my child had escaped the apartment, for ONE HALF HOUR earlier and HIDDEN from me and I know that the door had been left unlocked, then my first minutes would have been looking around the apartment and outside, calling for her, and panic might not have set in for 20 minutes or so...but then...and I would have still run for my hubby to help me...

NEVER would I have thought THEY'VE taken her....I would never first think kidnapping, my logical mind, my primitive mind would not have allowed me to go there....not until much, much later....

This is my scenario...and believe me I have thought about way more than I am comfortable with since becoming involved in this case...

I return to the apartment (need to interject that I would never, no way, no how, never ever, leave my kids alone) and I find my child missing. After pure panic, throwing up and fainting, I would grab my remaining children, pure andrenaline pumping, they are light as feathers, I am screaming, crying...."help me GERRY!!! (another name in my case) I cannot find her, she is GONE....HELP, HELP....she has dissapeared, help me find her!!! More screaming, throwing up and fainting....call 911 cuz I am not moving...pure panic...my hubby would probably faint, throw up and scream also but he would be mobilized, simply because I was not. I would find a trusted friend (one of the 7) and make sure my other children were OK and safe, and I would BEG them, "please watch them, I must go look"....After that, as it has been said before I would search until my hands were bloody stumps and I was catatonic and they would haul me off to the hospital for major sedatives!!!

Now, all this would be different if, as it has been reported, that my child had escaped the apartment, for ONE HALF HOUR earlier and HIDDEN from me and I know that the door had been left unlocked, then my first minutes would have been looking around the apartment and outside, calling for her, and panic might not have set in for 20 minutes or so...but then...and I would have still run for my hubby to help me...

NEVER would I have thought THEY'VE taken her....I would never first think kidnapping, my logical mind, my primitive mind would not have allowed me to go there....not until much, much later....

Chilling post but I agree. If I thought kidnapping I would have said "Someone has taken her" not "They've taken her". This gives me the feeling that all this was planned out.

I suggest that can't be the case, Kate has already said as much when she proclaimed it felt like the safest thing in the world, it never entered their minds someone would take their child.

Even after warnings on burglaries, even after the children had cried for whom knows how long on other nights. After five days, they still left the children all alone. So, I don't think she felt they or Madeleine were being followed. Probably because they weren't.:(

Wow, that is a really good deduction. KM can't have it both ways. Either she felt they were being stalked, meaning she wouldn't have felt comfortable enough to leave the children alone. Or they weren't being followed, meaning she made it all up.

It is fairly well known over here about the ummm....how do I say this politely, the nature of investigation by PJ and GNR in PT.
Better than some -------but lots of room for improvement.:silenced: :silenced: imoo

Yes, to put it as politely as possible, it quite probably that it is not up to UK or US standards in general.

The most logical thing to say when your child is missing? "She's gone!" or "She's not here!" I can't imagine saying anything else.

What I can't believe is that none of these people carried cellphones that night. I mean, nobody goes anywhere these days without their cell. So why didn't she call Gerry or one of the others?

Question on the cadaver dog-Eddie.
Can the dog sniff out a smell of a specific body such as Madeleine or is it just a deceased human based on the death process.

What if furniture was bought at a thrift store or from an estate sale--where someone else had died--not died in the apartment, but died on the matress or chair or whatever that waqs bought used and put in the apartment??

Just a thought. :eek: :eek: :eek: As I am looking at some of our antiques and handmedown furniture in our house at after 3 in the morning!!! I have the creeps:cool:

I think it is just a cadaver, not a specific person, therefore your question about where exactly the scent was detected is very important. I don't think we will know until the trial, if any.

Great post Colomom! Honestly, the most logical thing for Kate to have done, is gone through the house calling for Madeleine. When not found, she would have gone outside and started yelling loudly for her, especially given the fact that she had run outside and hidden before. This story is Bull Malarky.

What I can't believe is that none of these people carried cellphones that night. I mean, nobody goes anywhere these days without their cell. So why didn't she call Gerry or one of the others?

Actually, you are right, I think I never would have left the apartment, I would have called on my cell, or screamed at the top of my lungs for hubby from the balcony (since it was only 20 yards away :rolleyes: )...and believe me he would have heard me along with ever other person in that complex, or called the Tapas bar....I would have wanted to start looking right away, but I would not have been able to leave the other children alone...no way...not until I was sure they were safe. My maternal, protective instinct is waaaay to strong...I KNOW this.

better get to sleep here--good night all and good evening and good morning to others.

Sorry Petra, didn't mean to forget to wish you a good night and sweet dreams as well....CYA soon!

Ok, I am done...very tired. I am happy for Jessica Lundsford and her wonderful father and I am glad that the NFL decided to "spank" Michael Vick and I am so happy that someone will help the little boy from Iraq that was set on fire, there is alot to be grateful for tonight.

But still my thoughts are with Maddie and I hope and pray for justice for her and I hope and pray for all the other missing or abused children, that God will deliver them from pain and/or fear.

Good night my friends...:blowkiss:

I would've come totally unglued and stood there screaming my head off until I woke up everyone in the complex. I can't even comprehend running out and leaving my other two children alone when there might be a kidnapper still around.

Oh jeeeze, I had to go look at the Mirror forum....

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7974

Jornal de Notícias, August 25th

McCann's car keys accused scent of a corpse.

Alexandra Serôdio and Nuno Miguel Maia [translation by Curiouser]

The british dogs helping the PJ in investiganting Madeleine's case detected a strong scent of a corpse in the keys of the car used by the McCanns. Along with that, the animals detected a sample of blood in the trunk of the Renault Scenic, which was subject to inspection along with other cars used by the friends of Maddie's parents.

These details, as the Jornal de Notícias has gathered, were a source of strangeness in the minds of the investigators, precisely due to the fact that, apparently, the vehicle has only been in the McCanns possession several weeks after the disappearance, on May 3rd. Which explains the investigations into people who have rented the car before. There are several possibilities to explain this. Including a possible "contamination" of odors, through contact of the contaminated key with other materials which, in turn, would have been in contact with a corpse.

Exams repeatead

The blood stain found in the trunk is one of the samples which, combined with vestiges taken from a wall and a curtain of the appartment where the family was staying, is being analysed at the Lab in Birmingham, England. The place where the blood was found, along with the reaction to the death scent from the other springer spaniel, indicates preciselly that a corpse may have been in that trunk.

The delay in the results of the forensic tests (almost three weeks) is causing perplexity among the investigators, and there are those who consider the hypothesis of interferences to the highest level of the political powers in England, given the government's involvment with the McCanns -- one of their aids is also an aid of the current prime-minister, Gordon Brown.

However, for some of the investigators, this delay is not "for the time being, strange", since, "there is a conscience that the samples were tiny and were probably contaminated". The PJ, nevertheless, has already been informed that the tests will take longer to conclude, especially in the case where the DNA samples correspond to the genetic profiles being investigated. Otherwise, they would be quicker. All tests and counter-tests have to be repeated, so that the results have minimal error margins. A source in the british lab has reassured the Jornal de Notícias that the tests are not yet concluded and still wouldn't give a date in which the results are to be communicated to the british police, who will then pass them to the PJ.

Further activities

As the Jornal de Notícias has reported, the british police and dogs went to the UK to proceed with investigations among the couple's friends. In the Algarve, while the tests' results don't arrive, the PJ goes on with inquiries with witnesses already heard in previous phases of the investigation.

It was in this context that two days ago a meeting was held between the investigators and the Public Prossecution. Yesterday, two british policemen were also in Potimão. The meeting with the prosecutor in charge of the case has served to a round up of the situation and analysis of the elements gathered until now, as well as to prepare strategies to be followed in the investigation.

Like everything else we've read about or heard this week, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Day 112 - 23/08/2007

Another early morning start but this time for a series of radio interviews to discuss the survey of MP’s and MEP’s. The survey shows overwhelming support for the introduction of a Europe wide sex offenders register. There is also support to implement a child rescue alert, using local media to inform the community when a child has been abducted and felt to be at serious risk.

There have also been calls for changes in the way child abduction cases are handled in Europe to provide the best expertise available, quickly to the investigating police force. We are uncertain if these measures were in place if it would have made any difference to us finding Madeleine. Kate and I do hope that future changes in legislation and practice will help prevent cases of child abduction and also increase the chances of successfully finding missing children in such circumstances.

Although very serious cases like Madeleine’s (stereotypical kidnapping) are rare, it is very difficult to determine the scale of the problem, as there is no consistency in data collection across Europe. We agree with two leading British Charities (PACT and missing persons) that such data have to be collected with greater accuracy so that the frequency of serious crimes against children can be reliably documented- ideally such data should be available across the EU. Europe is probably 25 years behind the USA in such regard. Change has been driven by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) and by families who have suffered high profile child abductions.

Travelled back to the UK tonight to attend to a few personal matters before heading to Edinburgh. I have just heard about the shooting of 11-year-old Rhys Jones in Liverpool. This murder is such a tragic waste of a young life and our heartfelt sympathy goes out to Rhys family

Day 113 - 24/08/2007

I started the day early with a pooled telephone interview for the press to talk about the media coverage of the campaign to find Madeleine in advance of my interview at the Edinburgh International TV festival. We touched on the coverage of the investigation and of course the wild speculation and innuendo being reported in some quarters. Although Kate, our friends and myself would love to correct much of the inaccuracy we will not divulge information publicly which might help the perpetrator of Madeleines abduction cover his tracks.

Travelled to Edinburgh this afternoon and managed to keep up the aerobic exercise with 25 minutes in the gym. I then met up with one of our friends who has been instrumental in distributing images of Madeleine and who produced the DVD of her to ‘Don’t you forget about me’. We had a bite to eat and took the chance to update each other on what has been happening in the last few weeks.

Off to bed for an early night after speaking to Kate, who has some family staying with her in Portugal whilst I am in the UK.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone care to speculate if these are written by the same person....hmmmmm?

"stereotypical kidnapping"...are you freaking kidding me?....

:doh: :doh:

Very logical explanation imo. I too would have done everything you stated, but wouldnt have too because I wouldnt have put my children in that predicament to start of with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6