Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in knowing what people in the UK think about Robert Murat. Is he still considered a suspect to most people, and has this "ruined his life" as he claims?

Can't claim to speak for the people of the UK as there are around 60m of us but I don't read much about him in the papers.

It is reported that he is signed up with Max Clifford, who is a leading PR for film, TV stars etc etc. If he is, he will stand to make a great deal of money through public appearances on chat shows, media deals etc if he is finally absolved of any connection with her disappearance.

So maybe not so ruined financially after all.

The ground might be said to be being prepared for the future with opening remarks of 'My life is ruined etc'. If he wants to sell his story then he must somehow keep in the public eye until he is allowed to make public statements.

The words in the story--"bitter dispute"--"tensions are building''--lead one to believe that the trustees don't trust Gerry, even though they are his brother, an uncle, family friends, and a co-worker at Leicester Hospital.

Of course the fund should pay for the McCanns' lodging and travel...why would the fund have been set up to make it so difficult for the money to be spent? I don't have a good impression of the McCanns, but I still think they are entitled to use the fund for its intended purposes. Something wrong here. (tm dr lee)

For the life of me I cannot fathom where ANYONE would get this information.

When I first read this, I had no problem absolutely disregarding every word I was reading. Usually when I read something in a tabloid, or another not so wholesome source, I weigh up the likeliness of their being any truth, but this time it was pretty much over before it began.

It looks rather large for a towel, even a beach towel. But it's hard to say.
Im sure Ive seen this picture long before Maddie was abducted......it was in a Natalie Holloway forum...if I remember right the pic had nothing to do with Natalie either.

If the UK crime lab reports the blood as not being Madeleine's I think hands down they are more to be trusted than anything the Portuguese police have reported.

The real question might be, how reliable are the cadaver dogs? And how reliable the report of their alerts?

If the dogs were indeed correct, it would explain why the McCanns were not quick to get on the "roller coaster of emotion" for sightings, because as scientifically educated people, they would be more inclined to trust the findings of the trained dogs over the "possible" sightings of ordinary people. Is there a margin of error for cadaver dogs, and is it significant? Doesn't seem to be, but it might be enough for anyone to feel justified in continuing to cling to some hope that the child is alive.

The only remaining question then might be, the concerns about the 2 hour timeline of a possible actual corpse. That throws the whole timeline into question. Again, I'd like to know the margin of error on the time line.

This may have been posted already.

McCann attacks media speculation

The father of missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann has asked the media to end the constant speculation about his daughter's whereabouts.
He said there had been "huge amounts written with no substance" and that it was not necessary to "bombard people on a daily basis" with Madeleine's image.

Gerry McCann told the BBC the media campaign to find her would be scaled down and take on a "low-key format".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6963499.stm

Can't claim to speak for the people of the UK as there are around 60m of us but I don't read much about him in the papers.

It is reported that he is signed up with Max Clifford, who is a leading PR for film, TV stars etc etc. If he is, he will stand to make a great deal of money through public appearances on chat shows, media deals etc if he is finally absolved of any connection with her disappearance.

So maybe not so ruined financially after all.

The ground might be said to be being prepared for the future with opening remarks of 'My life is ruined etc'. If he wants to sell his story then he must somehow keep in the public eye until he is allowed to make public statements.

Granted, but from the talk in the streets, do most British people think he kidnapped Madeleine and got away with it or was he unjustly accused?

It is from what many consider a sensationalist Portuguese newspaper, so take what you want from this.

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2007/08/dangerous-connections.html

The sugestion to scale down the media exposure of McCann couple and the campaign to find Madeleine came from the British Prime-Minister’s office, according to a source close to McCann family. Gordon Brown’s advisers are worried about the possibility that the next steps of the investigation of Madeleine’s disappearance, which is following a new line of inquiry, may produce results that could damage the Prime-Minister´s image, due to his close relationship with Gerry McCann. Justine McGuiness, spokesman for McCann family, refused to comment and our attempts to contact the British Prime-Minister’s Office were unsuccessful.

The rest of the article is just a rehash of information we already have.

Im sure Ive seen this picture long before Maddie was abducted......it was in a Natalie Holloway forum...if I remember right the pic had nothing to do with Natalie either.

I don't know if it was ever in the Natalie Holloway forum, but it did get posted before in one of the Madeleine threads on here, quite a while ago. Just FYI. :)

It is from what many consider a sensationalist Portuguese newspaper, so take what you want from this.

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2007/08/dangerous-connections.html

The sugestion to scale down the media exposure of McCann couple and the campaign to find Madeleine came from the British Prime-Minister’s office, according to a source close to McCann family. Gordon Brown’s advisers are worried about the possibility that the next steps of the investigation of Madeleine’s disappearance, which is following a new line of inquiry, may produce results that could damage the Prime-Minister´s image, due to his close relationship with Gerry McCann. Justine McGuiness, spokesman for McCann family, refused to comment and our attempts to contact the British Prime-Minister’s Office were unsuccessful.

:eek:

<<Also, your information on the IVF is very interesting indeed. I think there needs to be a closer look into which person fertilized-whose egg was it
??? >>

Given Mrs. McCann would have been 34 when Madeleine was conceived, it's unlikely she would have needed a donor egg. Donor sperm would have been unnecessary unless Gerry was completely sterile. Even a low sperm count can be used for successful IVF using ICSI (a procedure where they inject a single sperm in a single egg using a microscope for magnification).

RE: the McCann's, I wouldn't leave a dog in their custody...

This has truly got the hinky meter ticking over very fast.
Comments were made earlier about the politicians and how they are involved. This is one reason why I think the nothing will happen to the McCanns, as they should be charged for child endangerment or harsher crimes if Madelaine is found and the true story comes out.

Every contradiction or unexplained discrepancy about the night Maddie disappeared needs to be cleared up (no "pact of silence" excuses) so that the McCanns can be cleared or further investigations followed up on appropriately.

If Maddie is not found, and the investigation is allowed to die out with the questions remaining, the McCanns will remain under the same purgatory kind of "Umbrella of suspicion" the Ramseys lived under, which is as wrong as allowing anyone to escape justice FOR committing a crime. Like the Ramseys, a botched crime scene will result in no definitive answers, I fear.

There will forever be whispers about political conspiracy shutting down the investigation.

I can't imagine a worse outcome--Maddie not found, no justice for her, the permanent speculation with no resolution.

I really don't believe any political connections would shut down the investigation, no politician worthy of making it to PM status would not know how to jettison quickly any unwanted baggage. Stopping the investigation with unanswered questions, however, would just forever fuel speculation that it was stopped for political expediency over all else.

I agree with you, Texana. A missing child where the child never reappears or her body isn't found, an unsolved case that dies for lack of evidence, it would be a nightmare.

I agree with you, Texana. A missing child where the child never reappears or her body isn't found, an unsolved case that dies for lack of evidence, it would be a nightmare.

That is what I fear most! I do however think that those early calls to people in power in the UK ,will result in the truth being kept close to the vest. The result will protect those(irresponsible actions) who shouldn't need it & NOT the innocent child. My heart bleeds.:banghead:

Every contradiction or unexplained discrepancy about the night Maddie disappeared needs to be cleared up (no "pact of silence" excuses) so that the McCanns can be cleared or further investigations followed up on appropriately.

If Maddie is not found, and the investigation is allowed to die out with the questions remaining, the McCanns will remain under the same purgatory kind of "Umbrella of suspicion" the Ramseys lived under, which is as wrong as allowing anyone to escape justice FOR committing a crime. Like the Ramseys, a botched crime scene will result in no definitive answers, I fear.

There will forever be whispers about political conspiracy shutting down the investigation.

I can't imagine a worse outcome--Maddie not found, no justice for her, the permanent speculation with no resolution.

I really don't believe any political connections would shut down the investigation, no politician worthy of making it to PM status would not know how to jettison quickly any unwanted baggage. Stopping the investigation with unanswered questions, however, would just forever fuel speculation that it was stopped for political expediency over all else.
Excellent post Texana.:clap:

Hi Calikid, the explanation that child services have taken her is just another cover up for the lies that are told imo. I think they are getting desperate as more people point the finger at the McCanns. If you tell one lie you have to keep on lying and lying to cover up the first lie, I think this is what is happening with the McCanns.

The lies get bigger every day. The McCanns and their handlers are getting desperate. They've told some REAL WHOPPERS in the last few days.

If anyone believes them, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell to you.

http://www.portugalvirtual.pt/_tourism/algarve/lagos/index.html#luz

Almost every tourist brochure on the Algarve highlights caves, coves, beaches, ruins, rock formations with nooks and crannies...literally a thousand places to hide a body. Many of them are within a 15 minute drive from Luz.

Rick Steves of PBS has a documentary on the Algarve. If you can get it at your local library, it's worth watching. It's an excellent travelogue. All the time I was viewing it, I thought, "It would be a cinch to hide the body of a tiny girl in that area."

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/17421/madeleine

Another article, this one from the Daily Express in the UK, about the corpse scent on the keys.

We keep hearing how the McCanns are so infuriated by the "slurs and smears" in the Portuguese press, but the UK papers are doing the exact same thing. Maybe all they're doing is repeating the info by way of saying its slurs and smears, but the result is the same.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/17421/madeleine

Another article, this one from the Daily Express in the UK, about the corpse scent on the keys.

We keep hearing how the McCanns are so infuriated by the "slurs and smears" in the Portuguese press, but the UK papers are doing the exact same thing. Maybe all they're doing is repeating the info by way of saying its slurs and smears, but the result is the same.

Even though they are repeating the same information, I do think it is also defaming the McCanns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust