Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GM was asking for a priest in the early morning hours after Madeleine disappeared. It might mean absolutely nothing, but the timing intrigues me.

The Catholic church ... priests...cover-ups ...paedophilia..

Perhaps the McCanns were hoping for a few tips on local networks, having read the statistics on the occupations of paedophiles.

There again, the chances are that he was called in for their emotional support and to pray for her safe return.

Of course he was called upon for support. You don't think a devout Catholic would walk into a church and say, "Father, we all know you lot can cover up stuff.....what can I do with my kid? She went and died while I was trying to sedate her."

Of course he was called upon for support. You don't think a devout Catholic would walk into a church and say, "Father, we all know you lot can cover up stuff.....what can I do with my kid? She went and died while I was trying to sedate her."

I agree with you Brefie. The insinuation here is horrific and it is not the kind of theororizing I feel comfortable doing without a lot of evidence to draw such conclusions. Unless a lot more evidince pointing in this direction becomes apparent I can't believe the visit to the church was anything more then for support. However, there is one church related thing that has never sat well with me and that was the trip to see the Pope. I found it very very disconcerning that the Mccaans would have chosen to leave portugal when they did to visit the Pope. I understand they are religious people and this to them is a vital tool not only for there own wellbeing but in the search for Maddie. Yet, I really do not believe they needed to physically go to the Pope to make use of that tool. I could never have left Portugal at that time. No way no how. I have to admitt in my mind at the time I did wonder if the trip was becuase there were guilty of "something" and needed to get absolultion or forgivness.

mjak

I wonder what happened to all those imminent arrests and searches that were supposed to take place any day? And what about that decisive breakpoint of the case? All that hoopla and so far its not even produced a tiny smoke cloud, much less a boom of results. Could some of the news papers, GASP, have been wrong? Were the L.E. ever really on alert in the first place? And if they had evidence enough for search warrants why not go ahead and execute them? Where is the arrest of the British subject we kept hearing about? Why hasn't the cuddle toy been arrested . . . er confiscated? Will a big bird swoop in and grab the cat and the mouse? Will Rocky save Bullwinkle . . . . Oh wait that's a different case. . . er cartoon.

Where is the missing little girl?

My understanding is that GM is not a devout Catholic.

My understanding is that GM is not a devout Catholic.

Really? Everything I read points out how religious they are.

With all due respect, MrsMM, even if you are an atheist, you would know better than to ask a priest advice on covering up a crime because 'they know about that stuff'.

I agree with you Brefie. The insinuation here is horrific and it is not the kind of theororizing I feel comfortable doing without a lot of evidence to draw such conclusions. Unless a lot more evidince pointing in this direction becomes apparent I can't believe the visit to the church was anything more then for support. However, there is one church related thing that has never sat well with me and that was the trip to see the Pope. I found it very very disconcerning that the Mccaans would have chosen to leave portugal when they did to visit the Pope. I understand they are religious people and this to them is a vital tool not only for there own wellbeing but in the search for Maddie. Yet, I really do not believe they needed to physically go to the Pope to make use of that tool. I could never have left Portugal at that time. No way no how. I have to admitt in my mind at the time I did wonder if the trip was becuase there were guilty of "something" and needed to get absolultion or forgivness.

mjak

It wouldn't have been my choice either, mjak, however, I believe that some religious people I know just might do this. Faith can be an incredible force for some people.

Really? Everything I read points out how religious they are.
With all due respect, MrsMM, even if you are an atheist, you would know better than to ask a priest advice on covering up a crime because 'they know about that stuff'.

Apparently Mrs McCann is devout, her husband is not - but then that is what has been printed in the press, whether it is true or not, who can say?

And I'm puzzled to your reference to 'they know about that stuff'?

...I think that there is confusion as to the rather cynical point that I was trying to make.

There have been many incidents of cover-ups for paedophile priests by the Catholic church.

Other than in the family, statistically the most likely place to find a paedophile is to look for someone with access to children - and whom parents trust. Local priest, local doctor, local dentist, vicar, teacher, scout leader and care worker etc

I didn't think that the McCanns had contacted the local priest to ask advice on how to cover up a crime.

Robert Murat, for instance, doesn't seem to have sought out any jobs which would allow him access to children.

By the way, what has happened to the status of Robert Murat?
Is he still under suspicion?
And why was it necessary to phone his Russian friend late at night?
And why did the friend wipe all his computer?
Was the Murat look-alike with the child ever traced?
In which direction was the abductor seen by Jane Tanner taking the child? Was it towards the beach?
Did she identify him at the police station meeting?
And what happened to the investigations into the Russian friend's links with a yacht/boat company?
And if the police no longer suspect Robert Murat, why haven't they made an announcement?

[quote=docwho3;1656491]I wonder what happened to all those imminent arrests and searches that were supposed to take place any day? And what about that decisive breakpoint of the case? All that hoopla and so far its not even produced a tiny smoke cloud, much less a boom of results. Could some of the news papers, GASP, have been wrong?

Daily Express:

Aug 3
Madeleine - Dramatic breakthrough in search for kidnapped girl
Aug 10
Madeleine - Major new breakthrough by British police leading hunt
Aug 11
Madeleine - New British suspect hunted by police
Aug 14
Madeleine - New British 'suspect' insists 'I'm innocent'
Aug 16
Madeleine - Police: We know who killed her
Aug 14
Madeleine - We are just hours from the solution
Aug 20
Madeleine - British suspect to be arrested in hours say police

What do you think Docwho3? Maybe a small delay in the detection of the crime or arresting anyone, as the police were out briefing local journalists instead?

Apparently, neither of the parents were devout Catholics before Madeleine's disappearance.

You may be right, they didn't get a private audience with the Pope, while what they did receive, one personal moment, was big. In the back of my mind though, there's a reason for not getting the private audience.

It wouldn't have been my choice either, mjak, however, I believe that some religious people I know just might do this. Faith can be an incredible force for some people.

Being that I am a completly non religious person I can not past judgment on there choice to visit the pope; however, I do have to admitt my thougths at the time.

mjak

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2007/09/gordon-brown-suggestions-and-changes-to.html

Under the McCann's shadow
Gordon Brown suggestions and the changes to “Findmadeleine” campaign strategy

"How many parents that had a child kidnapped got advisers paid by the British Government?” The question is raised by Moita Flores, a former CID Chief-Inspector, reputed criminologist, successful TV script-writer and mayor of Santarém, who gave a phone interview, yesterday, to Gazeta Digital and SOS Madeleine. It was Tony Blair who sent the advanced guard of government civil servants to help the McCann. Clarence Mitchell was the first Press Adviser of McCann family. He is a former BBC man who, now, sits again at the helm of Media Monitoring Unit, a Tony Blair creation. But the nº 10 of Downing Street has another occupant: Gordon Brown, a man born in Glasgow, home of the McCann clan." [continues]

Being that I am a completly non religious person I can not past judgment on there choice to visit the pope; however, I do have to admitt my thougths at the time.

mjak

I am a non-practicing (Catholic) believer......my husband calls me a 'diet catholic! I lived with him for 5 years before we got married, but a faith in a GOOD, holy God does bring a little something to my table. Not enough for me to go to mass every Sunday, but enough to make me want to at least baptize my future children and instill some 'Godly goodness' in them.

Anyway, I agree I wouldn't try to get an audience with the Pope, but I would pray for a safe return and probably go to mass weekly. Probably hypocritical, but how many lapsed Catholics do we see praying to God for what they want?

So how did the McCanns get a blessing by the Pope? It must have been through contacts or friends of friends.

Hi Everybody!
My first post here, though I have been surreptitiously for a while now - this is a nice 'safe haven' from the Mirror forum!! :laugh:

Here's an overview of the Catholic 'cover-ups'
http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/elsi/forensics.shtml

- there was a great program on Global TV a couple of weeks ago, re US priests/relocation/Papal bull etc.........but can't find it for the life of me!

I just hope and pray that the McCanns are going to be held accountable for their actions.
Very, very afraid, right now of them going back to the UK and walking away scot free..........
This whole thing is becoming more unbelievably sad with every day that passes.
The saddest thing of all, to me, is that it's not even about dear Maddy anymore. It just seems to be about the McCanns saving face and 'getting back to normal'............which is the most hearbreaking thing.
How can anyone - ANYONE - get over the loss of a child???????.......but, these people seem to have no problem with it.
You know, I've tried and tried, right from the beginning, to have even just a shred of compassion and respect for them.......but as days/weeks have gone by, it becomes more and more impossible.

Sad days.........Maddy has touched all of our hearts.......and, wherever she is, she surely knows she is loved.

I have no problem with the McCanns calling for a priest in the early hours (and lat night) of Maddie's disappearance. There are many people who are nominal Catholics who would, upon extreme stress, seek the reassurance of a priest.

That in and of itself does not speak of confession. I am Lutheran and I would be speed-dialing a local pastor as well. If you are brought up in a traditional or evangelical religious background, odds are, you are going to revert to that in times of great stress, even if you are not the most stellar example of that faith before hand.

The audience with the Pope to me has always reeked of something arranged by a PR or related agent. I do not see the McCanns as saying--if they had nothing to do with Maddie's disappearance--"Oh, can we see the Holy Father this week!" or if guilty of anything--"Oh, let's see the Holy Father!" Neither one seems natural.

As for the Jane Tanner sighting of the abductor, I still feel more certain than not, that the person she saw with dark hair carrying a child was Jeremy Wilkins with his own toddler.

Did she tell what she saw the night Maddie disappeared, or did she wait til the next day, and if so, why? I've read more conflicting things about this--It just doesn't make sense that she would see a man carrying a child wrapped in a blanket, near the McCanns' lodgings, and not say upon hearing Maddie was missing, "Hey! I saw a guy carrying a kid around that time!"

So how did the McCanns get a blessing by the Pope? It must have been through contacts or friends of friends.

I asked the same question the day the news was leaked about the Mccan's Papal blessing. I thought it took months even years to get a blessing from the pope. Smelled funny then, still smells funny to me now.

Hi Everybody!
My first post here, though I have been surreptitiously for a while now - this is a nice 'safe haven' from the Mirror forum!! :laugh:

Here's an overview of the Catholic 'cover-ups'
http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/elsi/forensics.shtml

- there was a great program on Global TV a couple of weeks ago, re US priests/relocation/Papal bull etc.........but can't find it for the life of me!

I just hope and pray that the McCanns are going to be held accountable for their actions.
Very, very afraid, right now of them going back to the UK and walking away scot free..........
This whole thing is becoming more unbelievably sad with every day that passes.
The saddest thing of all, to me, is that it's not even about dear Maddy anymore. It just seems to be about the McCanns saving face and 'getting back to normal'............which is the most hearbreaking thing.
How can anyone - ANYONE - get over the loss of a child???????.......but, these people seem to have no problem with it.
You know, I've tried and tried, right from the beginning, to have even just a shred of compassion and respect for them.......but as days/weeks have gone by, it becomes more and more impossible.

Sad days.........Maddy has touched all of our hearts.......and, wherever she is, she surely knows she is loved.

Welcome, wolfmaiden.

No, I don't think this was ever about Madeleine for the McCanns.

IMO, GM resented the time and attention she got from her mother. Maybe it was an image thing (she had the coloboma) or maybe it was the colic, but he never bonded totally with her. After the twins' birth it got worse- they fulfilled what he wanted his children to be like, and Madeleine was shuttled aside for them. If you listen to descriptions of Madeleine from her extended family, most of what they say involves behavior- she was a handful, hard to control, headstrong, full of energy.

Even GM said derisively on camera, "What Madeleine wants, Madeleine gets". Does that sound like a loving father about his missing daughter?

Notice how little GM has spoken directly about her, even at the beginning. It's pretty obvious that he fancies himself some kind of world-wide ambassador for exploited children. He loves the limelight but hates sharing it, even with his own wife and daughter. I think he's jealous of Madeleine, and as far as he's concerned the sooner the "search" settles down and he can get on with his own jet-set life, the happier he'll be. He really thinks he can get away with her disappearance and that he's smarter than the police, the media and the politicians. All he needs is time and the lack of evidence, and he's scared to death of the way everyone has turned on him. But at the same time he believes he's better than everyone else. That's why he's suing the Portuguese newspaper- they dared to question him.

I hope with all my heart that something turns up soon. I keep wondering if someone among the group of friends is going to get sick of situation and own up to his or her part in it. Funny how we haven't heard much from the Tapas group lately. They were quick to defend Russell O'Brien, but awfully quiet about the McCanns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste